MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

easel icard!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author easel icard!
anselmi
http://buchla.com/shop/buchla-music-easel-iprogram-card/

Never maintain cash savings again Dead Banana
DomMorley
jawdrop
anselmi
maybe I´m wrong but I think I remember the price would be about $500.. seriously, i just don't get it
ws9848
I thought $599 but I guess they decided on something else. that's a bummer
artisan
Yikes. Wonder what happened...?
$900?! Say WHHU!?

that's like when reading Zenmusic's BST post, that they charge $30 for a 62" Pomona cable?! d'oh! d'oh!

I do want one, but that price is crazy Dead Banana
aww bugger, only ipad? no general iOS? was hoping to use my iphone, doh! maybe in the future?

so $500 ipad and $900 card $1400 addon, I guess i'm stuck with the cards... d'oh!
anselmi
3001 wrote:
$500 ipad and $900 card $1400 addon

well, it´s in the range of a 200e module thumbs up
Umcorps
3001 wrote:
aww bugger, only ipad? no general iOS? was hoping to use my iphone, doh! maybe in the future?

Its ever worse than you think. The app needs iOS6 or later so won't run on v1 hardware iPads. very frustrating

I can't say I understand this. It doesn't seem to me to be a super heavy duty kind of application. If Lemur can run on v1 iPads I can't see why this can't.

So those of us grubbing along with "old" iPads are a bit stuffed. I don't use an iPad enough to justify the cost of a new one. You can buy a lot of nice kit for the price of an iPad plus the cost of the new super-priced card

Going to have to stick with resistors and solder cry
SculptorOfSound
It could be that they didn't want to have to make it backwards compatible to that level. With Apple's recent announcement of the Swift development language for iOS, they might want to take advantage of that language in the future. Also, from the demo that Todd gave a few months ago, it looks like the app has quite a bit of graphic intensity going on that maybe the v1 iPad couldn't handle well. Lemur is pretty basic in that capacity.

Better to have the restriction now and consider your options carefully before investing in a new iPad and iProgram card than get burned down the road when they decide that now you need iOS 6+ to run it.

And yeah, Todd said, "I'm hearing around $599" (near the end of the vid) for the price at NAMM 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKR16A4PLqw. That's quite a bit far off the mark. BEMI really needs to figure-out how to run itself. With both the line-up for the Easel and now this, I'm glad I went with a 200e investment for now.[/url]
evening
Yeah - $899 is rather steep + $65 flat-rate shipping. seriously, i just don't get it
SculptorOfSound wrote:
It could be that they didn't want to have to make it backwards compatible to that level. With Apple's recent announcement of the Swift development language for iOS, they might want to take advantage of that language in the future. Also, from the demo that Todd gave a few months ago, it looks like the app has quite a bit of graphic intensity going on that maybe the v1 iPad couldn't handle well. Lemur is pretty basic in that capacity.

Better to have the restriction now and consider your options carefully before investing in a new iPad and iProgram card than get burned down the road when they decide that now you need iOS 6+ to run it.

And yeah, Todd said, "I'm hearing around $599" (near the end of the vid) for the price at NAMM 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKR16A4PLqw. That's quite a bit far off the mark. BEMI really needs to figure-out how to run itself. With both the line-up for the Easel and now this, I'm glad I went with a 200e investment for now.[/url]

not to play devil's advocate, but 200e as an investment kind of fell short with the fire sale! cool system though, i'd like to see a 200e easel! 259e as the oscillator, perhaps slimmed down 291e as the sequencer, a smaller version of the 223e as as the 218! now that'd be badass.
krv
I don't even want to talk about the price but:

"...additional routing options not available from the Easel’s front panel...."

This seems to be the best part, to me... I wonder where it could lead...
sascha.victoria
I can't believe this doesn't work as an AU or VST. Dead Banana
weinglas
krv wrote:
I don't even want to talk about the price but:

"...additional routing options not available from the Easel’s front panel...."

This seems to be the best part, to me... I wonder where it could lead...

At the moment the App doesn't seem to offer those additional patch points, although the Buchla site states "Extra patch points for CV of the Envelope Generator and Timbre Waveforms". But even then lots of possible patch points from the cards remain missing e.g. the sequencer step number, waveshapes and modulation of the mod osc, ...

Hopefully this will follow asap, because then the Easel and I would be unstoppable nanners twisted lol hihi
krv
weinglas wrote:

Hopefully this will follow asap, because then the Easel and I would be unstoppable nanners twisted lol hihi

I agree that this will turn the self contained little baby into a real unstoppable modular machine hihi
weinglas
krv wrote:
weinglas wrote:

I agree that this will turn the self contained little baby into a real unstoppable modular machine hihi

Hope you are talking about the Easel and not about me Dead Banana
krv
weinglas wrote:
krv wrote:
weinglas wrote:

Hope you are talking about the Easel and not about me Dead Banana

you both, weinglas! hihi
would love to see additional processing elements too, would be killa! think about an Easel with Nord Modular sequencer programability mad
artisan
3001 wrote:
... think about an Easel with Nord Modular sequencer programability mad

Dead Banana
sascha.victoria
What about patch recall, integration, and automation in a DAW session?!?!?!?! I really hope the iPad is a short stop to AU integration. Otherwise this is a seriously short sited product. Controlling a synth that is iPad sized with an iPad Dead Banana
angora
3001 wrote:

so $500 ipad and $900 card $1400 addon, I guess i'm stuck with the cards... d'oh!

The PCB cards are cooler anyways. Mr. Green

Personally, I never planed on buying one anyways. Patch storage on a synth designed for interactive play just seems really counter-productive. I didn't buy an easel so I could program it from some app. If I'm going to do that, I'd just buy an FS1r. The PCB cards will work just fine for routings that you can't do from the front panel.

I guess I could see using it for flipping through sequencer settings quickly but not for $900 + an iPad. Being iPad only really limits your potential buyers.
ttown23
3001 wrote:

not to play devil's advocate, but 200e as an investment kind of fell short with the fire sale! cool system though, i'd like to see a 200e easel! 259e as the oscillator, perhaps slimmed down 291e as the sequencer, a smaller version of the 223e as as the 218! now that'd be badass.

Nah. It was a one-time thing, most likely never to be repeated. Those that got in on it, well, it was a great thing... the clones have done more to reduce the used 'e' market pricing, IMO.
darrenji
You can patch to the Envelope Generator's A/S/D and to the Timbre knob of the Complex Oscillator. The destination jacks don't appear until you hover over them.

The card responds to OSC messages, so you can control it with other software as you like.

Using OSC you can also do per-patch-cord connection depth, and negative depth.
myecholalia
Sorry for the double post, but it seemed to make sense to also mention in this thread that the iCard is now on sale for 599 on buchla.com! Go get it hihi thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5