MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Unorthodox Sequencing Techniques
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tenori-On  
Author Unorthodox Sequencing Techniques
Paranormal Patroler
Have you ever used Random mode to make a weird drum loop? Ever used it to make a 32 step phrase? Tried arpeggiating with Bounce? Added off-beat notes with Draw? Ever glitched it using Swing? Then you know what I'm talking about; let's hear it! The TO's strenghts lie on the ground it provides for going outside the grid. Let's exchange notes.
lotri22
Have you ever tried to make the custom scale like combination: 8 notes of the major and 8 notes of the relative minor scale?
Will try it today
Paranormal Patroler
lotri22 wrote:
Have you ever tried to make the custom scale like combination: 8 notes of the major and 8 notes of the relative minor scale?
Will try it today

Yes, I've been using user scales on the TO for a few years now. Lots of 'em. I wish there was more space for more than one scale, but not as much as I wish that each layer could have its own; that would be magnificent!
lotri22
Yes more editing options for individual channels (at least the scales) would be awesome. It could be possible to quantize each channel in ableton though, if working with computer is no problem.
I did try a feedback loop like…Synth (Vermona performer) voice1 VCO modulated vita lfo -> Monotribe clock in -> Monotribe midi out -> TO -> Perfourmer

Makes odd rhythms and the TO follows them,the lights in bounce mode looks interesting when following nonlinear rhythms smile
Paranormal Patroler
Unfortunately my clock sources don't accept LFO's to modulate the clock. Apart from MIDIPal, which I haven't used as a clock. Maybe I should try that!
lotri22
When in bounce mode, those bouncing notes are cancelling each other if the gate is set higher/longer (>200ms)
I can make interesting patterns/melodies this way…
I'm not sure if it's because of the Tenori or it might be related to the Vermona Perfourmer's midi converter,but it is interesting…
If your synth have note priority setting , the Bounce mode is the way for testing smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tenori-On  
Page 1 of 1