MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

See what you made me do...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Author See what you made me do...
Chrysothemis
Long story short… I've been doing synth work for soundtracks in LA for more than a decade. It's all about speed and repeatability, so I never really considered modulars for practical use. Well, I got the IDOW hardcore edition, and this is what that nice open space over my keyboard looks like now...

It really makes a great case for why someone already versed in synthesis might want to make the leap. If you're counting converts, I'm one. You can hear this baby, including the prayer bowl, on Deliver Us From Evil, in theaters now. And many more soundtracks to come.
Kent
Nice! Welcome to the Looney Bin!

thumbs up
s o l v e n t
Chrysothemis wrote:
Long story short… I've been doing synth work for soundtracks in LA for more than a decade. It's all about speed and repeatability, so I never really considered modulars for practical use. Well, I got the IDOW hardcore edition, and this is what that nice open space over my keyboard looks like now...

It really makes a great case for why someone already versed in synthesis might want to make the leap. If you're counting converts, I'm one. You can hear this baby, including the prayer bowl, on Deliver Us From Evil, in theaters now. And many more soundtracks to come.

Fantastic - this is so great to hear!

Would you be OK with me sharing this post via IDOW's Facebook page?

Cheers!

Jason
Chrysothemis
Of course Jason, use it anyway you want.

Let me know if you'd like a proper thought out blurb - it's not like I'm famous, but I did the synth work for Spider-Man 3, Ghost Rider and Drag Me to Hell and some other things. I'd be happy to return the favor you've done to me.

/Max
JohnLRice
Welcome Max w00t and congrats on your success in the business! thumbs up applause

Working on movie/TV soundtracks is something I've always wanted to do . . .but I guess I'm not dead quite yet so there is hope 8_)
Chrysothemis
Quote:
Working on movie/TV soundtracks is something I've always wanted to do . . .but I guess I'm not dead quite yet so there is hope

Indeed there is! The bad news is that the field is flooded with kids who can fake it just well enough with Reason (nothing against Reason, it's awesome). The good news is that there is quite a sizable niche at the high end for people who can actually do it properly.

Sending out demos to composers who seem to be on your wavelength will probably get you way further than you think. And aim high - only the top guys can afford not to just fake the synth work themselves.
JohnLRice
Chrysothemis wrote:
Quote:
Working on movie/TV soundtracks is something I've always wanted to do . . .but I guess I'm not dead quite yet so there is hope

Indeed there is! The bad news is that the field is flooded with kids who can fake it just well enough with Reason (nothing against Reason, it's awesome). The good news is that there is quite a sizable niche at the high end for people who can actually do it properly.

Sending out demos to composers who seem to be on your wavelength will probably get you way further than you think. And aim high - only the top guys can afford not to just fake the synth work themselves.
Thanks for the encouragement and tips! thumbs up thumbs up
Sinamsis
Holy Metasonix, that things awesome. You're a regular Trent Reznor. Well done case as well. What brand is that cable holder? I think I need to bite the bullet and buy one instead of stuffing my cables in cardboard boxes.
flo
Nice gardening books thumbs up
The Real MC
Sinamsis wrote:
What brand is that cable holder?

Known as "cable rack" or "cable holder". Many companies make them.

sample query
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Is that a Beethoven bust? (I thought I recognized it by the sloppy cravat.)
IAMPelican
Nice!
Claudyknight
Haha! It only gets better from here I hear 8_)
Chrysothemis
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:
Is that a Beethoven bust? (I thought I recognized it by the sloppy cravat.)

You're in the right ballpark - it's Wagner.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Page 1 of 1