TS vs TRS

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: Joe., luketeaford, lisa, Kent

r05c03
Ultra Wiggler

TS vs TRS

Post by r05c03 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:07 pm

So, I have a shit ton of 1/4'' TRS cables. Any reason that I cannot use them if and when I get a 5U modular going?
Gear List: Elektron Octatrack, Elektron A4,Microbrute, Bass Station, Rings Braids, Pitts Ring Mod, Pitts Osc, Echophon, Intillegel uFold / uMIDI, PNW2, Doepfer 138-c, 119, Tiptop Z4000, Maleko Fade / 8NU8R

bwhittington
Terrifying Brain Secret

Re: TS vs TRS

Post by bwhittington » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:23 pm

r05c03 wrote:Any reason that I cannot use them if and when I get a 5U modular going?
They work fine with the Dotcom, Modcan, and other 5U I have used them with, with the exception of one switched jack on the Dotcom Q962. You are probably fine in general, except with switched jacks.

You need to be a bit more careful if you are using them patching with your Moogerfoogers, though, because some of the Moogerfooger patchpoints send current over the ring when a TRS plug is inserted to power the CV pedal. This could at least potentially harm some modules or in the very least give you results you weren't expecting.

Cheers,
Brian
Last edited by bwhittington on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

decaying.sine
Broken <--> Fixed

Post by decaying.sine » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:24 pm

I think the TS are in the same location so I don't think it's a problem.
Brian
"I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create." William Blake

"Vactrols ringing, Dude." "Thank you Donny"

bwhittington
Terrifying Brain Secret

Post by bwhittington » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:29 pm

decaying.sine wrote:I think the TS are in the same location so I don't think it's a problem.
Ah, if it isn't my own personal TRS benefactor! What did you include, about three billion TRS cables with the patchbay you sold me? That was totally awesome, man! Me running out of patch cords is a thing of the past. :tu:

Cheers,
Brian

decaying.sine
Broken <--> Fixed

Post by decaying.sine » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:34 pm

I totally forgot about the issue with foogers. Good point.

I believe that it was only 1 million cables...

Brian
"I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create." William Blake

"Vactrols ringing, Dude." "Thank you Donny"

Return to “5U Format Modules”