MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

158 + 291r - (VIDEO)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author 158 + 291r - (VIDEO)
djangosfire
Making sounds and building "retro modules" in my "Top Secret" Djangosfire Workshop smile

A quick test/demo featuring a "retro 158" & 291r.

Cheers! - Adam

nohsodesu
Hey Adam,
Actually very cool. thumbs up thumbs up
I love it when simple patches produce interesting results.
The fewer patch chords the better.

Maybe get some rapid tabla type rhythms going there...?
ws9848
thumbs up

and I was just thinking about you
vgermuse
Very cool! The change of a universe in a little white switch! thumbs up SlayerBadger! w00t
Peake
It's motherfucking bacon yo
weinglas
You got a wonderful groove with these modules applause
pustule
great video!
djangosfire
Thanks guys - it's fun to switch flip Rockin' Banana! SlayerBadger!
boops
Nice patch ...
Kaput
That's just too cool. I love this patch, Adam! Guinness ftw!
Bosavi
Great demo! Thanks for sharing

------------
http://www.jlmaire.com
christie
Sorry to resurrect a 5 year old thread, but...

I learned a few things from this patch, and was able to reproduce it using a 258 combined with the components of a 212! All it took was making a tinijax to 1/4" cable so I could patch the 258 to the preamp input on the 212. From there to the envelope detector, the voltage controlled filter, etc. A little fine tuning of the preamp gain to hit the sweet spot that triggered the envelope detector without overload.

I hardly ever use external audio into this system - I should, but whatever... so it was super great to realize that the preamp and ED could be used with internal audio sources.

For the 212 user this is fantastic - being able to generate a rythym like this without using one of the super valuable and limited envelopes, not to mention tying up the pulser on the 245.

Also, by detuning the preamp gain and frequency of the oscillator, I was able to get the envelope to send sporadic - not quite random, but irregular pulses.

Thanks Adam, super techniques, lessons for more than just the 158 and 291!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1