MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bi-N-Tic
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Bi-N-Tic
Cat-A-Tonic
So I have a mostly stuffed Bi-N-Tic in the backlog that I would like to finish up.
I would like to build it in a 4U Frac panel so that I can parallel mount
(maybe with an additional module sharing the panel)...

I would like to see some other layouts.
There is the MetalBox one ready built in Frac...
Some 5U guys have built ones with pulse outs in addition to the rotary feedback switch...
I want to see Adam V's Frac panel if possible. wink wink nudge nudge

BTW this is the Bridechamber PCB with the extra saw output. Guinness ftw!
Adam-V
Here you go...

Rather than run the divisions through a rotary switch I opted to use a set of toggles to allow me to OR them together before feeding them back.

Cheers,
Adam-V
Cat-A-Tonic
Nice panel Adam.

That's a really cool solution to the feedback option.

Do you have any comments about its use in practice?
Adam-V
Thank you.

One of the reasons I ended up with that solution is that it is really hard to find rotary switches that are compatible with the Re'an soft touch knobs.

When you have more than one switch on you get short bursts of tics rather than the constant string of them that you would have if you had only one division feeding back.

Cheers,
Adam-V
monstrinho
Adam-V wrote:

Rather than run the divisions through a rotary switch I opted to use a set of toggles to allow me to OR them together before feeding them back.

Do you mind sharing a wiring diagram (or a photo of the back of the module)? It looks straightforward, but whenever I make mistakes building things, it always, always comes back to the wiring! very frustrating I just want to make certain I don't get things twisted around and then waste hours and hours trying to figure it out...
Adam-V
I wired mine something like this (I hope Ken doesn't mind my cheeky use of his original wiring diagram).

Cheers,
Adam-V
monstrinho
Adam-V wrote:
I wired mine something like this

Cool, thanks a lot. Just one question; anything special with the diodes, or just a standard 1N4148?
Adam-V
1N4148 will do the job just nicely.

Cheers,
Adam-V
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1