MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Favorite 4hp modules?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Favorite 4hp modules?
DasDachshund
What 4 hp sized modules do you guys like?
Adam-V
I got an A-160 Clock divider for Christmas which I'm enjoying using.

I find my DIY trigger mixers to be invaluable (they're basically the same as the A-186-1 Gate/Trigger Combiner only home made).

By combining the A-160, trigger mixer and a trigger delay you can get a rather crude version of the Blacet event arranger.

Cheers,
Adam-V
dkcg
4ms rotating divider is king of 4hp to me.
Soy Sos
dkcg wrote:
4ms rotating divider is king of 4hp to me.

Yeah.....can't afford that one. Looks awesome though.
I like the A-148 Dual Sample and Hold.
And my lil DIY dual attenuators!
bar|none
Plan B M37 ELF LFO
Plan B M23 Analog Shift Register

You have to find them used though.

M39 Wave Splicer too
D/A A/D
Plan B M37 ELF LFO
Make Noise ModDemod
REwire
Yah, M37 Elf LFO. Can't believe I sold one very frustrating It's the fastest LFO I've tried.

The new Doepfer A-183-2 Offsetters are my favs now too.

Analogue Solutions MX224 Buffer is a life saver. It's the only mult/buffer that can mix two sources together and send them to multiple destinations.

Dan
D/A A/D
REwire wrote:
Yah, M37 Elf LFO. Can't believe I sold one very frustrating It's the fastest LFO I've tried.

The new Doepfer A-183-2 Offsetters are my favs now too.

Analogue Solutions MX224 Buffer is a life saver. It's the only mult/buffer that can mix two sources together and send them to multiple destinations.

Dan

Upon further though I really need to replace my MX61 Mixer with a MX224 Buffer... Seriously.
suboptimal
I feel like this topic had a long thread about two months ago.

Of the modules I own, I'd go A-160. Of the modules I know of, the rotating clock divider holds my keen interest.

The A-134-2 Dual VC Crossfader and either of the A-160 or A-161 VC switches are honorable mentions.
DasDachshund
suboptimal wrote:
I feel like this topic had a long thread about two months ago.

I promise I tried the search seriously, i just don't get it
suboptimal
It's a tough one to search. Ain't no thang.
Navs
+1 for the A-Sol MX224 - crucial!

Also, recently bought an A-183-1 dual passive attenuator. Cheap + useful thumbs up
wetterberg
I will go out on a limb here and say:

a-172 Max/Min module.

Why? Because it works like a 4-input analogue AND/OR module. A damned fine one at that.
synthbenji
My 3 favorite 4hp modules are:

Plan B M37 - most used LFO
4MS Rotating clock divider - tons of fun
ASol MX224 - Crucial
Mr White
Asol mx224
Asol mx61
Plan B m37
4ms rcd (will get one soon!)
makenoise moddemod
Human Koala
Quote:
will go out on a limb here and say:

a-172 Max/Min module.

Why? Because it works like a 4-input analogue AND/OR module. A damned fine one at that.

can you explain ?
i have got one and i don't use it a lot (shame on me )

HK
wetterberg
okay, let's say you have a divider and a sequencer, like the a-160/161.

you want to trigger an event ONLY when the /16 divisor is ON and when the sequence out no. 4 is active as well.

Feed both those outlets into the max/min and then connect the "min out" to whatever you want to trigger.

This will make that output go high when "the lowest output is high", in other words; when they're both high.
Human Koala
just tried Cool never figured that, nice it is near my a166 d'oh!

HK
mark_snipz
BAM
authorless
i got an A-174 max/min a while back thinking "that is a module that will come in handy" though i have yet to get into it. just need to spend more time with it. but for me right now: A-160 & A-161. generic answer, i know. and really it is two 4u modules and the A-161 doesn't work without the A-160 so it may as well count as 8u.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1