MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PCB Prototyping
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author PCB Prototyping
Phetus
Could find anything on this. Anyone have tips on where to get boards in low runs in Europe?

pcbway.com looks good if it's legitimate... has anyone used them before?

Obviously theres OSH and Itead, but its the other side of the pond. Anyone know how long they take to deliver to europe generally?

Thanks
latigid on
Consider DFRobot

I think they use the same fab as iTead (or Seeed?), but they are a bit cheaper and they have quick DHL shipping for 16USD if you need it.
logicgate
iTead has a very good and fast service
Altitude909
OSHpark has free worldwide shipping, takes about 7-10 days to europe. iTead and Seeed have the stuff done in China so it's not any different
Phetus
latigid on wrote:
Consider DFRobot

I think they use the same fab as iTead (or Seeed?), but they are a bit cheaper and they have quick DHL shipping for 16USD if you need it.

dfrobot look good. Have you used them before?

Thanks!
latigid on
Phetus wrote:
latigid on wrote:
Consider DFRobot

dfrobot look good. Have you used them before?

Thanks!

Yes, I've had two boards made there, another set on the way. The first had a "dirty photoplot screen" error, so some boards were manually scratched where a trace wasn't etched properly. They were sent to me without comment on this. Second set were fine. The cost is incredibly cheap, so sometimes you get what you pay for I guess!
mxmxmx
Phetus wrote:
Could find anything on this. Anyone have tips on where to get boards in low runs in Europe?

pcbway.com looks good if it's legitimate... has anyone used them before?

Obviously theres OSH and Itead, but its the other side of the pond. Anyone know how long they take to deliver to europe generally?

Thanks

this other thread lists some further options. fwiw, except for small-ish pcbs, i tend to order things from itead, lately elecrow. shipping to berlin (the cheap way) can be anything from 1.5 - 4 weeks. never tried the fast/DHL route.
Piedwagtail
Recently had 9 day turnaround at Itead.
But
watch out for Chinese bank holidays they have a' mid-Autumn' ( in Sept!) soon which causes big delays.

Robert
falafelbiels
I have used the 16 dollar fast shipping at itead a couple of times and it was always quick, but usually followed by a letter from DHL asking me to pay for a customs fee. Pretty steep fee too.

Furthermore I enjoy dealing with itead.
codemode
I've had great experiences with 7pcb.com. The corporate/billing office is in canada, the factory is in Shen Zhen. They do 5-day standard and include express shipping as part of the quote. The quality is very good, the engineering team is very good and prompt, and it's always cheaper than other places I use. For standard spec boards they also don't bitch about things like internal routing, slots, non-plated through holes, solder mask colors, plating type, etc..
Phetus
my first experience with dfrobot was good it seems. thanks for the tip!
raveboyy
I think in any bigger city should be an electronics shop where they can do this..

I`m in a city of 385000 people, so it`s not the very smallest one but there are at least 5 shops I know about. And plenty of smaller companies around can be found on internet.

So it`s OK for prototyping..like a few peaces of PCBs with no print on it, just etched and coated with anti-corrosive. They can do a full job too, of course, but then you have to look more to find a company with a good price...It usually worth it because you don`t have to pay for shipping..
Neutron7
I am getting some boards today from pcb pool in Ireland(did not actually know it was in Ireland when i ordered, thought it was US). So far, it has been great,

You can upload eagle and many other format board files directly.

They send you:

Gerber files for your board
photos taken during the process
3d printed model of the board
3d cad model of the board
free stencil if it is SMT board,

ill post again later after i receive them.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1