MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
STILL working on the logged out and session timeout issue - have a couple new strategies I'll be trying over the weekend. We will get this fixed! Thanks for your patience and sorry for the hassle.

Is the random output on CVCO the same type as on Woggle Bug?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author Is the random output on CVCO the same type as on Woggle Bug?

thesnow

Wiardos, I was wondering if the random source output on the classic vco the same type of random outputs as found on the Woggle bug or are they different and how? Thanks

slow_riot

They are completely different. I am not the best person to explain the intimate technical details, but briefly, I think the CVCO noise is a pseudo random generator clocked by the square wave of the VCO core.

The Woggle Bug is a closed loop chaotic system. The "start" point is a vactrol filtering a noise source, forming a Smooth fluctuating voltage, whose rate of change can be changed by opening or closing the filter. This controls a linear VCO on a 4046 PLL chip. The phase locked loop is a technique originally developed for radio transmission to "listen" to a radio signal sent on a carrier wave, and to automatically work out what the carrier frequency is, and to remove the carrier to give just the original transmission.

In the Woggle Bug, the PLL attempts to work out what the frequency of the Smooth VCO is, but since it is not that good at following a changing frequency it lags behind the Smooth frequency, as well as forming ringing sinusoids.

That is the Woggle CV, the Woggle VCO is, cleverly, the noise source that feeds the original smoothing filter. And thus the system is not random, but more like a chaotic loop.

drumsofd00m

Can't add to WB info atm, but Random on the CVCO is 6 bit quantized for use with 1v/oct inputs. Sounds like a less flexible version of the NoiseRing Main and Aux outs.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1