MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Midi/CV Debug?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Author Midi/CV Debug?
Ambriant
Got my Midi/CV all built. Everything works great, aside for CV out #2. The gate #2 is working, and LED #2, but not the CV. Any thoughts or suggestions as to why or what I should inspect, would be most appreciated. I sourced all the parts from the BOM and Mouser cart. It's probably trivial, whatever it is. Thanks.

d'oh!
hexinverter
Ambriant wrote:
Got my Midi/CV all built. Everything works great, aside for CV out #2. The gate #2 is working, and LED #2, but not the CV. Any thoughts or suggestions as to why or what I should inspect, would be most appreciated. I sourced all the parts from the BOM and Mouser cart. It's probably trivial, whatever it is. Thanks.

d'oh!

Hey Ambriant!

Hmm, yeah, well, the good thing is you're probably right about it being trivial! I would take a good look, and then a second, and maybe a third look around the PCBs for shorts, missing solder joints, etc.

The fact that the gate output works for that channel means that it's probably somewhere around the MCP4822 DAC chip for channel 1 + 2. So keep an eye out around there for the error.

Good luck!
Ambriant
Tonight I adjusted the pitch CV pots to see if I could get the CV out to be in tune with my Arturia Beatstep. It tuned up real nice and tracks really well.

I found the best way for me to tune this, is to run a 16 step sequence in a major key, with some low notes and some very high notes into a second oscillator, and then adjust the cv pots on the hex midi cv to match, while patched into another oscillator. When the two pitches are the same at both high and low frequencies, then it was in tune.

I did this with respect to the "ruberband" per octave description, as described in the hex users pdf. Understanding that it's not a root pitch tune pot really helped clarify how to approach tuning the midi/cv.

Anyhow.

Still haven't debugged the one cv not working, but all and all, it's a very cool module, and I'll debug that one cv soon enough. nanners
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Page 1 of 1