MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MIDI CV for the Buchla 200e
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author MIDI CV for the Buchla 200e
modularland
The Kenton Pro-2000 MK II does 1.2v/octave ... I had two I just sold one... but its output is 1/8" jacks... so you can make that 'illegal' cable :-)
cbm
You will have to provide one ground between the units somehow, also. The Buchla has a banana jack on the back of the middle boat for this. Connecting the sleeve of an otherwise unused output on the Kenton to the ground banana should do it.

The 225e is very nice, though, and the ability to drive the oscillators through the internal buss is wonderful.
modularland
i know i know

in the end I'll get one... but its always good to have a freestanding MIDI/CV around anyways...
infinite7
modularland wrote:
i know i know

in the end I'll get one... but its always good to have a freestanding MIDI/CV around anyways...

the synclock by innerlock systems is very interesting, though it only provides a pulse out.
REwire
My Kenton is sending 1v/oct to my Euro then the Midi Thru to the 225e to play the 261e and 259e simultaneously with the Euro. Now I'm trying to sequence the Buchlas with CV at 1.2v/oct. I've noticed that at full clockwise, the 261e's CV input is right at 1.2v but the 259e has to be at about 2pm to play equal with everything else with the same CV that the 261e is getting. I have to set the 225e to another channel so I can transpose the all modular oscs with Midi to the Kenton but not screw up the Buchlas with Midi and CV at the same time.

It'd be nice if there were inputs to the Buchla oscs for 1.2/v instead of the CV ins that then become fixed. You guys with the 250e and 266e, can those go into the Buss and play the oscs or do you patch them into the CV ins on the oscs? Nice too if the 225e had CV inputs to bypass the Midi and still get into the Buss. Are there other ways into the Buss?

I've also noticed that with CV into the Buchla oscs, they only go a few octaves before no longer responding. Is that the same for everyone? That's got to make sequencing harder. The 225e takes these oscs all way up and down.

Dan
prscrptn
REwire wrote:
... the 250e and 266e, can those go into the Buss and play the oscs or do you patch them into the CV ins on the oscs? Nice too if the 225e had CV inputs to bypass the Midi and still get into the Buss. Are there other ways into the Buss?

Dan

The 250e & 266e are not routed through the internal Buss, except for using memory recall, and need to be patched via CV and Gate. The only modules with internal routing to the MIDI buss are the 259e, 261e, 281e, & 292e. The internal MIDI buss only works with the first 4 oscillators and the first set of A/D's and LPG's in a system...
dougcl
REwire wrote:

I've also noticed that with CV into the Buchla oscs, they only go a few octaves before no longer responding. Is that the same for everyone? That's got to make sequencing harder.

I haven't seen this.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1