MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Easel 1/4" audio out problem
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Easel 1/4" audio out problem
Heathfinnie
I think I might have a problem with my easel. Both the mini jacks on the 208 work, but when I go to use the 1/4" outputs I can only get audio out of the left channel. I've tried different cables and also using the cable that was working on the left I used on the right and nothing, so I know it's not the cable.

Also, I tried plugging headphones in. If I plug them into the left output I hear audio on the left side of the phones (which I would expect since the phones are stereo and the output is mono) but on the right output I hear no audio on either side of the phones. So it definitely seems the right output of the easel is not working. Any ideas?
259e
Open it up and take a look. Make sure the output board is pushed in the socket all the way. (The boards are labeled)
Heathfinnie
Thank you. That seemed to do the trick.
259e
Glad to help! They did a good job with the easel redux - easy to fix. thumbs up
Heathfinnie
I was actually wrong. I thought it was fixed, but then realized the 1/8" jack was still out putting audio.

Any other ideas? on the 208 I have audio out of both the left and right outputs, but the 1/4" jacks underneath I only have left side audio. I took the advice of reseating the audio board.

Thanks.
Edenmononym
It could be a wire of the inner cable, connected to the power board, send me a pic in PM and I will work something out for you thumbs up
Knock
i have a problem with my easel. The switch of the "sequential stages" don't work properly. Somebody knows the reference, please?
musicalfungus
Knock - What kind of issues are you experiencing? I am a new Easel owner and thought my sequential stages were not working at first too...but I was proved wrong and found out I wasn't using it correctly. Hopefully I can help you out!

Curious to know what issue you have???
chrus_t
259e wrote:
Open it up and take a look. Make sure the output board is pushed in the socket all the way. (The boards are labeled)

thank you @259e

best advice ever. my left output was having major issues. the output board seemed to be pushed in all the way but re-seating it seems to have fixed it. Now have solid output on both left and right.

my first post here - been lurking as a non-user for years, joined to enable search and then found this. thank you so much for this advice and all the other great and friendly easel posts on this forum!
chrus_t
oh, and after reading lots of very concerning posts I was super-impressed with the insides of my easel! :-)
rolsteins
Heathfinnie wrote:

Any other ideas? on the 208 I have audio out of both the left and right outputs, but the 1/4" jacks underneath I only have left side audio. I took the advice of reseating the audio board.

Maybe it is because those should be "tinijacks" not "minijacks"? there is small difference. I have had problems with my "minijack" cable to get sound into "input" of Easel. But with "tinijack" cable "input" works without problems.
bcomnes
BEMI Easels, at least the early ones are dual mono output, there is no left or right channel in 1/4 or 1/8 format......you only need one jack.
ArguZ
I was wondering , would that be an interesting mod for people to have ?
Something like the H9 pedal or other dual outputs where if only one jack is inserted the mixed signal is present but with inserting a second on it splits.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1