MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DRM1 and X. Sequencer question.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author DRM1 and X. Sequencer question.
opsysbug
Hey guys.
I have a DRM1 times 2 and DRMx coming thet I got in a trade w00t
Looking for some simple Frac or stand alone sequencer ideas. Thoughts?
I don't want to spend a lot and looking for small...
otoskope
They work very well with a Monotribe modded with direct trigger outs! But I usually run them with various bug generated clock and gestural signals.

Note that they are not just drums, but full synths, so you definitey will have use for interesting CV signals, not just gates.

/Palle
shady smiles
Like Palle I use mine mainly with a bug SEQ1 (and associated clock and gate bits) and that's a proven pairing. That said, I'm kind of thinking about other options. Hadn't considered the monotribe at all so thanks for that one.

What are other folks up to I wonder?
BugBrand
I would say MiniSeq, but I never progressed with the design..

The older CLK modules are the true bug approach - clock divisions are central to my ways! (but they're hard to find.. I am slowly working on new types of divs/seqs)
otoskope
we're not worthy we're not worthy "The True Bug Approach" ... I love the sound of it, Oh Mighty Buguru! we're not worthy we're not worthy

Guinness ftw!
otoskope
Btw, Tom, I think you shoud go ahead with the MiniSeq! Looked great to me.
BugBrand
Thanks.. yeah.. there were some areas I wasn't quite sure about -- so I have effectively dilly-dallied for months! Sheeeeesh...
otoskope
There you go again with idioms. I hope the dilly-dally gives results! smile Makes me think of these lyrics (guess the group):

All chemical all funny-man all belly-flop all dilly dally
All muddy moan all billy bolly all wobble-y all shilly shally
All chemical all funny-man all belly-flop all dilly dally
All muddy moan all billy bolly all wobble-y all shilly shally

IN THE BLACK-LIGHT-TRAP- We make all our mistakes
IN THE BLACK-LIGHT-TRAP- Go in and out like tiny snakes
IN THE BLACK-LIGHT-TRAP- We fool around but thats ok
IN THE BLACK-LIGHT-TRAP... (Watch him go now)... In the black-light-trap...
shady smiles
I love waking up to all the back and forth across the pond. Cheers guys!

I actually revisited the the MiniSEQ sketches last night. Paired with the Divisionaire concept, that would be exactly right. OTOH, and in the meantime, I wonder about less traditional pairings. I've been playing a bit with my Plumbutter --- bless you Tom for the Drive gain which is great for boosting the PB's ~8V orange pulses! thumbs up Pretty intriguing duo actually. In particular, the lack of standard pitch CV sources (and the seemingly always positive offset of the Gongues) leads to interesting sonic "drama" (in Pete Blasser's sense) when used as modulators. Fun stuff!
BananaPlug
BugBrand wrote:
The older CLK modules are the true bug approach - clock divisions are central to my ways! (but they're hard to find.. I am slowly working on new types of divs/seqs)

Dividers, active switches and the gate delays are all good SEQ1 companions.

I missed out on the binary divisions but I'm thinking of modding my Blacet Divider. There's room on the panel for /4, /8, /16.

Edit: I did that mod It's peanut butter jelly time!
shady smiles
BananaPlug wrote:
Dividers, active switches and the gate delays are all good SEQ1 companions.

Hear, hear! I especially love the flip-flop of the active switches. Other logic bits are handy too!
qstate
Need some Buginspiration...

Any bright ideas on what to fill 2 FW next to a DRM1 and DRM1+X in a standalone 11FW rack?

Can't decide on which of these.

CLK2B Binary divisions
UTL6B Active Switches
Env1 - Attack/Decay
Syn2a Util VCO
DD2 - LFO / DC Mixer
CLK4A - Dual Gate Delay

I guess it all hinges on having a clock source or not. The SEQ1 is too big and I don't have one to spare out of the main system.

Thoughts?
BugBrand
You'd be looking at 3FW not 2FW.

From those probably CLK2B, CLK4A, UTL6B - though ENV is always fun/useful..
..or..
Find a SEQ2A 2BitBinMux - that'd be super compact clocky/sequencing.
qstate
BugBrand wrote:
You'd be looking at 3FW not 2FW.

Me and my FW math... very frustrating

Quote:
From those probably CLK2B, CLK4A, UTL6B - though ENV is always fun/useful..
..or..
Find a SEQ2A 2BitBinMux - that'd be super compact clocky/sequencing.

Oh, I've got SEQ2A, but haven't played with it yet.

Other recommendations that I didn't list? Thanks, Tom!
sungja
I didnt try my modular weevil with the DRM1 yet but got some wonky weird stuff from a standalone weevil. I could imagine the modular weevil would be even more fun.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1