MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Paraphonic Synth: Erebus
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author New Paraphonic Synth: Erebus
Paranormal Patroler

Dreadbox are local so I subscribed in their mailing list and I just got this in the mail. Check it out!
Paranormal Patroler
Ah, there's a soundcloud demo as well:

http://soundcloud.com/dreadbox/sets/erebus-analog-paraphonic
Pro-502
Sounds pretty good, thanks for posting.

Not that I need another synth or anything, but since when has that mattered? Rockin' Banana!
Paranormal Patroler
Yeah, sounds interesting enough. I reckon they won't reach as high a price as their other products, looks like they're going for a market with less $$$ to spend this time, so I might indulge myself when these our out in the wild.
paperCUT
Sound demos are great but it's bit confusing just from that image. Hard to tell if just the 2 oscillators cover the 2 voices or if there's 4 oscs inside. Either way they nailed the dark echo sound, reminds me of the 80's thumbs up

Any idea on price? I cant see anything about Dreadbox online.
Paranormal Patroler
I have no idea on price. Curious myself to be honest.
Seems like there 2 oscillators on this.
de_raaf
looks ok, but misses some stuff, don't see cv input for vcf, i assume the input is audioinput, no attnuverter for so you can use the eg in different ways via the patchpanel, basically the should have looked at the microbrute or something to make it a bit clever
Sinamsis
I just got the email from them. I've been lusting after some of their pedals for a while. And they're from the motherland so much respect. My impression is there are two oscillators and they are played paraphonically. The email described it as 2 voice paraphonic or unison.
Sinamsis
From the email:

Dreadbox is proud to announce

the realease of the EREBUS Synthesizer.

The first EREBUS units will be available from December 2014.

SPECS:

- Full Analog 2-voice Paraphony or Unison sounds

- 2xVCO with seperate glide controls

- Two pole (12dB/ocv) resonating Low Pass Filter

- VC LFO with additional VC Depth

- 2xEnvelope Generators (1xADSR and 1xAR dedicated to the AMP)

- VC Delay/Echo

- 14 patches for an astonishing Modular experience

- Paraphony CV/GATE outputs allows you to turn monophonic devices into Paraphonic, or even combine 2 monosynths into a paraphony orgy.

Stay Tuned for more info and demos...

www.dreadbox-fx.com
REwire
I would think the VCF input is CV control, not into the mixer based on the position with all other CV inputs and it also being 3.5mm

I couldn't tell if it had midi; paraphony from CV would be difficult.

Dan
C3P4
Anyone have experience with this synth yet? Seems like a good companion for the modular.
MATSmile
Price tag is around 500.
TifaretMusic
$539 according to Perfect Circuit Audio, didn't realize this would be that cheap. Would def like to try one out.

http://www.perfectcircuitaudio.com/erebus-paraphonic-analog-semi-modul ar-synth.html
burnn_out!
And perfect circuit is sold out already.. I was/am curious about this. The demo sounds good
MindStasis
Thank you so much for pointing this out! This is exactly what I have been looking for. I might have to replace some gear with this instead. wink
nadafarms
that filter sounds real good
MindStasis
Does anyone here have one of these? I would love to hear some more sound demos.
D_Bowman
Everything Dreadbox is doing looks (And sounds) great! They're definitely one of the most appealing synth manufacturers right now, in my opinion. I hope these get back in stock here in the US!
jgenden
Just a note for anyone trying to purchase in the US - you can buy direct from dreadbox if you email them at info@dreadbox-fx.com. Mine is nearly here.
rembrandtvanrijn
I just got mine. It's my first foray into synth for adding a bit of ambience whilst droning/manipulating my guitar. Anyone else with one have patches to share?

I like what I've been able to achieve so far with my extremely basic skills!
moog man

This thing looks awesome! When you consider the paraphony and analog delay it becomes quite tantalizing to include in a Euro setup
kingspill
Perfect Circuit Audio is running a sale on these little monsters. $437!
That's 100 clams off list price.
donato
moog man wrote:

This thing looks awesome! When you consider the paraphony and analog delay it becomes quite tantalizing to include in a Euro setup

It's my understanding the delay is digital despite not being reported as such in some publications. It does sound very nice though.
moog man
kingspill wrote:
Perfect Circuit Audio is running a sale on these little monsters. $437!
That's 100 clams off list price.

hot damn that is enticing

Listening again I could see how the delay is digital - but with modulations it gets some very analog quality, in any case I think it compliments the sound of the unit brilliantly

GAS is the worst Dead Banana
DiscoDevil
How could I have NOT bought one at that price?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3