MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I'm fucking with the cookie settings
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read! Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author I'm fucking with the cookie settings
Muff Wiggler
so if cookie stuff is acting funky don't panic

but please do let me know in this thread if things seem better or worse in terms of cookie-based activity, ie. keeping track of your login status, read/unread threads, etc

merci
Cybananna
Don't fuck up the chocolate chip ones, I love those! Drunken Homer Simpson
sduck
Many Thanks in advance!
TrashWaveform
Cybananna wrote:
Don't fuck up the chocolate chip ones, I love those!
Fixed!
Cybananna
lol
Muff Wiggler
sduck wrote:
Many Thanks in advance!

No problem! Sorry it's taken so long and please do let me know if it seems to make a difference - I know you have been affected by it so I'm hoping I can find some settings that solve your problems and also work for people who haven't been experiencing issues (like me!)

cheers
Muff Wiggler
anyone?
fonik
i don't experience any difference. all fine.
Babaluma
all fine here too, no difference noticed. what did you change?
TrashWaveform
Yeah they taste a lot better. Do I detect a hint of nutmeg?
Babaluma
i hope you used lubrication!
sandyb
same as usual here for me. i usually lose the marking of unread threads if i leave the forum (not necessarily logging out) and then come back.
Fnord
Oh noes, the oreos!
sduck
It seems to be working better. I haven't had that "log in - oh look, someone's read everything for me" thing happen yet. That stuff would happen more often over the weekends, so we wait...

Edit - oh well, not fixed. It just did it again about 1/2 hour after I posted this.
Reality Checkpoint
Quote:

Edit - oh well, not fixed. It just did it again about 1/2 hour after I posted this.

Unfortunately, it is the same for me seriously, i just don't get it
tIB
I have a lot of problems in work with not being able to post and getting logged out... Ill let you know if its any better on monday.
wetterberg
yeah, uhm. Now threads no longer get marked read when you visit them... which basically means every time you log in you think "omfg there's new posts in ALL the threads!"
hmmm.....
neandrewthal
wetterberg wrote:
yeah, uhm. Now threads no longer get marked read when you visit them... which basically means every time you log in you think "omfg there's new posts in ALL the threads!"
hmmm.....

Yeah, sometimes I click on an exciting thread to see what's new, just to read my own post d'oh!
Muff Wiggler
ok, now i'm REALLY messing with them, trying to get some consistency

I haven't had the problems you guys have

the forum now uses a DIFFERENT COOKIE with a DIFFERENT NAME

please log out, log back in, sorry but EVERYTHING will be marked as read

let me know if moving forward from this point it seems better

thanks
SynthBaron
Harder. hyper
mirri
Well the fucking with cookies seem to have worked out just fine thumbs up

/m
Muff Wiggler
awesome, thanks mirri!

I've gotten emails from a few people who have found the latest fixes solved all their problems as well, so I'm hoping this has finally sorted it all out!

It's tricky as it has ALWAYS worked just fine for me - I guess different browsers are handling things differently.

anyway thanks for bearing with me and please do post your results here, if it's better, worse, still broken, etc

thanks!
Babaluma
all fine and same as before for me, osx & firefox.
Muff Wiggler
Babaluma wrote:
all fine and same as before for me, osx & firefox.

it's a relief to know that I'm not the only one who it's always worked fine for! Of course I only would hear from folks when there's problems.

Is it working right for everyone now? Can I call this issue officially settled?

thanks!
sduck
As far as I'm concerned it's fine now. Haven't had any problems since the most recent big change. Thanks for your efforts!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read! Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2