MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I'm fucking with the cookie settings
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read!  
Author I'm fucking with the cookie settings
Muff Wiggler
so if cookie stuff is acting funky don't panic

but please do let me know in this thread if things seem better or worse in terms of cookie-based activity, ie. keeping track of your login status, read/unread threads, etc

merci
Cybananna
Don't fuck up the chocolate chip ones, I love those! Drunken Homer Simpson
sduck
Many Thanks in advance!
TrashWaveform
Cybananna wrote:
Don't fuck up the chocolate chip ones, I love those!
Fixed!
Cybananna
lol
Muff Wiggler
sduck wrote:
Many Thanks in advance!

No problem! Sorry it's taken so long and please do let me know if it seems to make a difference - I know you have been affected by it so I'm hoping I can find some settings that solve your problems and also work for people who haven't been experiencing issues (like me!)

cheers
Muff Wiggler
anyone?
fonik
i don't experience any difference. all fine.
Babaluma
all fine here too, no difference noticed. what did you change?
TrashWaveform
Yeah they taste a lot better. Do I detect a hint of nutmeg?
Babaluma
i hope you used lubrication!
sandyb
same as usual here for me. i usually lose the marking of unread threads if i leave the forum (not necessarily logging out) and then come back.
Fnord
Oh noes, the oreos!
sduck
It seems to be working better. I haven't had that "log in - oh look, someone's read everything for me" thing happen yet. That stuff would happen more often over the weekends, so we wait...

Edit - oh well, not fixed. It just did it again about 1/2 hour after I posted this.
Reality Checkpoint
Quote:

Edit - oh well, not fixed. It just did it again about 1/2 hour after I posted this.

Unfortunately, it is the same for me seriously, i just don't get it
tIB
I have a lot of problems in work with not being able to post and getting logged out... Ill let you know if its any better on monday.
wetterberg
yeah, uhm. Now threads no longer get marked read when you visit them... which basically means every time you log in you think "omfg there's new posts in ALL the threads!"
hmmm.....
neandrewthal
wetterberg wrote:
yeah, uhm. Now threads no longer get marked read when you visit them... which basically means every time you log in you think "omfg there's new posts in ALL the threads!"
hmmm.....

Yeah, sometimes I click on an exciting thread to see what's new, just to read my own post d'oh!
Muff Wiggler
ok, now i'm REALLY messing with them, trying to get some consistency

I haven't had the problems you guys have

the forum now uses a DIFFERENT COOKIE with a DIFFERENT NAME

please log out, log back in, sorry but EVERYTHING will be marked as read

let me know if moving forward from this point it seems better

thanks
SynthBaron
Harder. hyper
mirri
Well the fucking with cookies seem to have worked out just fine thumbs up

/m
Muff Wiggler
awesome, thanks mirri!

I've gotten emails from a few people who have found the latest fixes solved all their problems as well, so I'm hoping this has finally sorted it all out!

It's tricky as it has ALWAYS worked just fine for me - I guess different browsers are handling things differently.

anyway thanks for bearing with me and please do post your results here, if it's better, worse, still broken, etc

thanks!
Babaluma
all fine and same as before for me, osx & firefox.
Muff Wiggler
Babaluma wrote:
all fine and same as before for me, osx & firefox.

it's a relief to know that I'm not the only one who it's always worked fine for! Of course I only would hear from folks when there's problems.

Is it working right for everyone now? Can I call this issue officially settled?

thanks!
sduck
As far as I'm concerned it's fine now. Haven't had any problems since the most recent big change. Thanks for your efforts!
Adam-V
I'm not sure what the issue was to to start with but one thing I've noticed is that clicking the "View Newest Post" link for a thread takes me to the post in the thread that was newest when I logged in, not when I last read the thread. I've not noticed this behaviour on any other forum.

Cheers,
Adam-V
spbaker
sorry to be the bearer of bad news but a few hours ago i started getting this in Firefox:

Quote:
Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

edit: it is a 400 Bad Request Error

whenever i do the newposts search. by using safari i was able to get in to the site but still when i do a search or when i refresh a page i get the same issue, is it me or the site?

is it because i'm refreshing the buy/sell pages every 5 mins looking for a QMMG?
Luka
seems to be ok in firefox for me scott
i think we are running similar setups too
spbaker
yeah sorry, nothin to see here, i deleted all the muff's cookies and now we're back applause
sduck
Woops - spoke too son. Had the same old problem. Logged in briefly to read PM, and when I navigated back to the site about an hour later virtually everything is marked read. This is current version of firefox on a mac.

Edit - just in case anyone's paying attention to my relatively frequent whining about this, don't worry. I'll live (and quite well too!) whether this gets fixed or not.
daverj
The site works the same for me now as it has since I first came here. If I close the browser and start it again, all the unread posts are now marked as read.

I think that's normal for most versions of phpBB. I used to have a small forum using phpBB and it worked that way. I switched that forum to SMF because of it. I do notice that the one at electro-music doesn't do that though. It maintains unread posts after closing the browser. Maybe they added a mod to fix that?
mirri
Hey
I have had Bad Requests several days now :(

OS X - Firefox
neandrewthal
mirri wrote:
Well the fucking with cookies seem to have worked out just fine thumbs up

/m

Ironically, rereading a "new" post you made 2 days ago is what brought me to this thread again lol
emdot_ambient
I tried to post this message here yesterday in the afternoon...

I'm not sure if this is cookie related but here at work I've been running into something strange. Periodically I get booted out of the forum and a "this account has been banned" message appears. Then I can't sign back in for many hours, or sometimes until the next day. Yesterday I had that problem all the way till 4:00 PM. Sometimes, though, it'll be fine all morning and then in the afternoon it'll kick me out.

...after typing all that (or a reasonabe facsimile to that), I got the "your account has been banned" message again, and the reply was not posted!

Spooky.

Oh, we're on Windows XP and IE7 here. I've never seen the problem at home where I'm Vista and some later version of IE.
giorgio
gotta do what i used to do at my old job where we had the shittiest database management software ever: select all and copy before posting.

this board is much more reliable then that though. and we had 34000 employees...
emdot_ambient
giorgio wrote:
select all and copy before posting.

That doesn't do much good if you can't sign back into the site for the rest of the day 'cause it thinks you're banned.
felix
Anything change today? I suddenly stared getting the "Invalid Session: Please Resubmit Form" errors when replying today (in the last hour in fact).
fonik
...and i got no new posts indicated by color?
mirri
Ok, i started having strange errors these last few days. My own posts appears as unread and posts that i have read weeks ago pops up unread even tho there are no new posts...

mighty strange, oh yeah and i'm on MacOS and Firefox

thx
sandyb
mirri wrote:
Ok, i started having strange errors these last few days. My own posts appears as unread and posts that i have read weeks ago pops up unread even tho there are no new posts...

mighty strange, oh yeah and i'm on MacOS and Firefox

thx

could you try safari and see if it does the same behaviour there?
oh - you've probably tried this already but reset all the cookies in your browser too.

let us know if either of those help

sandy
giorgio
i'm still seeing the same thing in chrome browser on 3 different mac laptops
numan7
iPhone logins have been much improved over the last couple of days (since 5/17), fwiw.

Prior to that, I was having to log back in each time I posted anything. Now the session is staying alive until I log out.
mirri
Here at work i just had to try browsing the forum incl. posting to it and everything runs just fine... This is an ancient WinXP box and firefox.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read!  
Page 1 of 2