MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

cheapest route?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Author cheapest route?
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
I'm slowly working my way through the "Tested Audio interfaces that pass DC voltages." thread but I felt like asking this anyways...

what are some "cheap" routes to go with? Are all motu cards compatible?

im on a pc btw. w00t
jenamu6
Something I would love to know.

Cause MOTU doesn't come cheap at all, it seems.
MrBiggs
Volta doesn't fly on a PC. It's AU only, so it's for Mac. At least last I checked. So there's that.

B
bsmith
The lexicon MPX500 will pass cv solidly - I hang it off the spdif of a digi 002 and get two cv outs that way - with silent way mind you, but don't see why it would be any different with Volta. Found the Lexi for $125 on ebay.... LFO's and some other SW features work fine on a normal audio channel by the way....
wetterberg
cheapest thing for a pc user:

used motu 828mk1 + PureData. That wont set you back more than like a hundred bucks for 8i/o.

If you already have an audio interface with an ADAT connection I think you can find a busted up old ADAT machine or that cheap but decent Behringer converter box.
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
for a second I was about to start crying! Didnt even know its mac only angry

wetterberg wrote:
cheapest thing for a pc user:

used motu 828mk1 + PureData. That wont set you back more than like a hundred bucks for 8i/o.

If you already have an audio interface with an ADAT connection I think you can find a busted up old ADAT machine or that cheap but decent Behringer converter box.


love you!
bsmith
Not seeing that the Alesis ADAT's are DC coupled, nor the Behringer ADA8000 after searching around about this - is this the case? I think the Behringer has an HPF that would screw up trying to push cv through it. I can only find information about people modding the adats to get the IO DC coupled. Is anyone using either of these with Volta or Silent Way? 8 channels of cv interface for a c-note or less would be pretty great...
BTW Silent Way rocks and is cross platform and affordable...
os
The ADA8000 has been confirmed not DC-coupled elsewhere on this forum.

Beware the 828mk1 - it has a very low output voltage range (again, voltage chart for MOTU interfaces elsewhere on this forum).
Analog>Plugins
Are we sure the ADA8000 will work passing cv? If so I will get one soon as. Modular needs feeding smile
1nput0utput
Analog>Plugins wrote:
Are we sure the ADA8000 will work passing cv? If so I will get one soon as. Modular needs feeding smile

udder wrote:
Not seeing that the Alesis ADAT's are DC coupled, nor the Behringer ADA8000 after searching around about this …

os wrote:
The ADA8000 has been confirmed not DC-coupled elsewhere on this forum.
Analog>Plugins
Consider myself told oops
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group