MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

D-1000 says hello...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author D-1000 says hello...
zerosum
After spending some time getting to know and understand the D-1000, its now time to show the world what it sounds like.

Drums/percussion:

joey wrote:
i want to hear this thing get really fucking nasty. I'm not hearing anything too crazy from these demos

The preamp overdrives nice after about 75%, patch the the individual outputs into the individual CV inputs on various voices and things get crazy.
Overdrive the preamp!(4:00)
Thump thump..Bump bump..(13:28)
Gabber(:29)
Rubber n Wood(1:54)
short thumpy(:56)
Roll switch is fun(:34)

Things get fun when you start modulating the tuning CV,
In this case I used a Blacet Binary Zone slaved to the D-1000 clock,
with one out of the BZ feeding a d-1000 voice CV, and the Inv out feeding another d-1000 voice CV:
modulate voices(:30)
Thats okay by itself, but a lot cooler with delay:
Modulated voices with delay(:30)
ADD dElay.....((6:10))
ADD dElay 2.....(2:57)
Delay settings for digirack mod delay II can be downloaded here.

Sound design/weird/effects/sequences,etc:

Using the individual outs doesn't cut them from the master output,
so the master output can feed the board/recording interface while the
individual voice outs can feed into eachother through the individual voice gate inputs which will pass audio to the bandpass filters.
Run 3 bandpass filters in series for formant effects.

Frogs(3:52)
slow long dark sequence/drone(17:00)
Wretch Machine through D-1000 drone(7:56)
Sounds like things freezing to death, cold icy wind....Wretch Machine and D-1000 wind drone(8:25)
Bl00d(2:48)

Fun with fast external clock, Blacet Window Comparator triggering 2 voices, Blacet Binary Zone triggering one voice. CGS/metalbox Psycho LFO feeding ramp CV.
Melting, burning, dripping(5:33)
Bouncy balls and marbles hit the floor(1:50)

Aliens dancing, puddles, rain, dripping(3:41)
modulating the voices for More wet drippy sounds(6:13)
3 big voices(4:51)

Soy Sos
Nice sounds..the best I've heard so far. I kinda think......Woah that food looks amazing!!
Lyonel
Thanks for sharing all this Zerosum !
Sashimi I agree!
zerosum
Thanks for listening guys! Really thanks a lot! w00t
blue_lu
so how much are these running for?! 1,5 - 2k is my guess?!
tragedybysyntax
wow... I really fucking like this. Zero, thanks man!!!!!! smile
krv
this is the first and only drum machine that I really want
chromium
Great demos! That thing sounds BOOM! Dead Banana BOOM!
toothless_wonder
HAHA great suff !!! More scary magic from the yellow box
Kent
Great demos. Thanks a yellow bunch.
parasitk
Finally! Best clips so far. Thanks Brian! SlayerBadger!
Muff Wiggler
FUCKIN' KILLER!!

Thanks for posting these, they are quite excellent.. I don't need to be sold on this, but DAMN now it's hard to keep the lust at bay

awesome.
tragedybysyntax
Yah.... applause Awesome run thru! I really like dip switches for each voice. And I really LOVE all the clips that aren't traditional drum machine type sound. Begin saving my pennies......... RIGHT NOW smile
l e b e r
love the rubber 'n wood clip.

once again, thanks for the informative examples!
zerosum
Thanks for all the listens and comments everyone! love

It took a couple sessions to really find its sweet spots,
Took me even longer to sort through all the bad demos I made and get to the decent ones. Its a rewarding experience attempting to understand this strange quirkly yellow box.
Awesome as a filterbank! MY ASS IS BLEEDING
yolkboy1
sounds like it would be great for minimalist techno - plastikman esque stuff. Got that heavy acid vibe about it.
johnnymad
very nice!
Soy Sos
Yeah, yeah, but what about that sashimi?
MicroFi
yolkboy1 wrote:
sounds like it would be great for minimalist techno - plastikman esque stuff. Got that heavy acid vibe about it.

That's exactly what I was thinking.
But I think your D-1000 is broken, Zerosum. It sounds so distorted? seriously, i just don't get it
thermionicjunky
MicroFi wrote:
yolkboy1 wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking.
But I think your D-1000 is broken, Zerosum. It sounds so distorted? seriously, i just don't get it

He states explicitly that he overdrives the mixing tube on some tracks.
krv
I'm listenning to your demos again with different ears thanks to the the wise words of Ken:

Kent wrote:
Nope. The D-1000 basically has 3 x R-54 modules in it plus a cymbal/noise circuit.

everything is clear, i must have this!

sincerly love your tube-buchla demos:
Bouncy balls and marbles hit the floor
Melting, burning, dripping
zerosum
Thanks KRV!
carbon111
Wow!

Been looking for my "perfect" drum machine for years. This feels like it! SlayerBadger!

Definitely on my short list.
tragedybysyntax
carbon111 wrote:

Been looking for my "perfect" drum machine for years.
Definitely on my short list.

I'm right there with you! I had a Wretch Machine #6? and It was evil as hell... I honestly didn't have the patience to learn it and since the waveshaper didn't sound as grinding as the TM-1, I sold it. One I got the euro rig kicking, snagged a R51... that is my GO TO VCA! I love that thing more than I could post here and ramble upon it's self.... been really wanting a 808 but, f'ng ridiculous what they are going for now. I love my 606 to death but... it's nowhere near the realm of this bitch. HOWEVER! When I do order my D-1000 (summer?) I can't wait to sync the two!!!

This thing sounds like a living creature to me... networking the bandpass filters.. the overdrive.... we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy

Again zero, thanks for selling me on this dude. I"ll make sure I order it thru ya smile
felix
MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING

The Chewbacca Defense The Chewbacca Defense The Chewbacca Defense The Chewbacca Defense The Chewbacca Defense The Chewbacca Defense
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3