MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Cwejman S1 problems
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Cwejman S1 problems
tross
Hi guys. Few days ago i bought a second-hand CW-S1 which is my first semi-modular synth ever. As i am a beginner in programming i played few days with pre patched modulation. Today i decided to construct a kick drum. So i patched a mono mini jack from envelope output to modulation input sockets of frequency control OSC1 and nothing happens, i tried this with different envelope outputs, different OSC inputs - pitch didn't changing. So i tried the env outs to different modulation inputs, and i noticed a regularity - when modulation target is pre patched nothing happens, when not, it is modulating. For example: when i patch env out to q-peak or level in filter section, i hear changing sound, when i patch to cutoff, which is pre patched to OSC1/LFO nothing happens. Maybe i am doing something wrong or didnt understand something, but manual says when i insert plug, internal patches should bypass.
Sorry if question is silly, but it is my first synth, it is second hand and i am nervous about it condition.
soundsubs
on the s1 its a little confusing. with almost all the inputs, there is a corresponding "amount" knob which you have to turn up. for example filter input its the OSC1/LFO knob above the input

this is true with the osc amount of pitch control also.

try it out.
tross
It just helped with cutoff in filter section, but i still cant find were is amount knob for OSC1,2,3 freq?
consumed
tross wrote:
It just helped with cutoff in filter section, but i still cant find were is amount knob for OSC1,2,3 freq?

fm level should do it?
e-grad
Did you know that the manual is online?

http://www.cwejman.net/s1mk2.htm
tross
Man, i have the manual, there is nothing about it.

Sorry, FM level helps
monads
You decided to create a kick drum, why patch the envelope to OSC1? You don't need to do that. You can route OSC1 to the mixer sections-filters-envelop generators.
wowa cwejman
tross wrote:

The FM LEVEL knobs are on the left side. All external controls for the frequency has an input (obviousely) + level knob. All FM LEVEL are calibrated for 1 Volt/octave when pots are fully open.
Please, read the manual, as well.
haven
monads wrote:
You decided to create a kick drum, why patch the envelope to OSC1? You don't need to do that. You can route OSC1 to the mixer sections-filters-envelop generators.

I think he is trying to create a quickly falling or rising pitch envelope like a electronic kick drum often has.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1