PLL on Doepfer list

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., luketeaford, lisa, Kent

Chuck E. Jesus
holier than thou

PLL on Doepfer list

Post by Chuck E. Jesus » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:06 pm

Bakis is selling one for 70 bucks... someone snap in up, one of my fav mods (also a 1024 stage BBD)...

D/A A/D
glorious dissonance

Post by D/A A/D » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:23 pm

I am on it! Its been on my mind for a while now, can you give me a rundown of what its capable of Ross?

Chuck E. Jesus
holier than thou

Post by Chuck E. Jesus » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:38 pm

D/A A/D wrote:I am on it! Its been on my mind for a while now, can you give me a rundown of what its capable of Ross?
you sync it up to another osc (works best with square waves) and it tries to keep up, but jumps between octaves/intervals and such, sometimes glides (depending on how it's set)...it's unpredictable at times, but i always seem to get something interesting from it...overall i'd describe it as producing rich harmonic tones, but in a squelchy, messed up analog synth way as opposed to pads and such...

i'll put a quick demo together, but jump on it dude...

D/A A/D
glorious dissonance

Post by D/A A/D » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:51 pm

I did, but someone beat me to it... That is twice that I was cock blocked on a Bakis offer... :cry:
He said it was only a tentative offer... But still. :bang:

Chuck E. Jesus
holier than thou

Post by Chuck E. Jesus » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:16 pm

here it is: i had a patch up with a loop going from the A-155 sequencer... the demo starts out with that then the PLL fades in and the original patch fades out...i messed with some controls, then faded the original back in at 1:18 or so...messed around a bit, then it ends with an example of the PLL "failing" just a quick thing thrown together, but gives you the idea...the PLL works best when you tune in that certain little bit, you can get some sweet shit out of it (one of these days i'll post some guit thru it :party: )

http://upload.muffwiggler.com/PLLDEMO.mp3

Chuck E. Jesus
holier than thou

Post by Chuck E. Jesus » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:18 pm

D/A A/D wrote:I did, but someone beat me to it... That is twice that I was cock blocked on a Bakis offer... :cry:
He said it was only a tentative offer... But still. :bang:
:mad: yeah, he had some nice stuff recently...i wanted the Frequency Multiplier, but i was broke...

Return to “Eurorack Modules”