MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What's up with ADDAC's customer service?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author What's up with ADDAC's customer service?
Hirsbro
simonhold wrote:
I am really interested in knowing is when my ADDAC 207 will function as advertised

Sorry to say but my best guess would be never, but its better working now than it was a year ago, tbh haven't used it much but I have tested it

simonhold wrote:
l00p
Oh great, I'm not the only one with no answer from addac. very frustrating

This is really really bad move..
synthysynth
Yeah, they're not the greatest. I got an 802 vca and 703 mixer. They were quick to respond when I was purchasing but then I had a couple of issues with the modules. One was definitely user error but either way they never got back to me about any of them.
dropthedyle
My point of view is very different. I have several of their modules and have never had problems to contact them.
My experience with their customer service was just perfect when i had a default with one of the mods.
DonKartofflo
Ive had entirely positive experiences with them both purchasing and, one time, troubleshooting a module which even was a beta.
Summa
+1, only good experience with all of the Addac people, they're pretty busy working and André is doing a LOT of the work by himself so if you don't get a reply in about a day or two just bump it as a reminder.
Paranormal Patroler
Summa wrote:
+1, only good experience with all of the Addac people, they're pretty busy working and André is doing a LOT of the work by himself so if you don't get a reply in about a day or two just bump it as a reminder.

+1, I've had exemplary communication with Andre. It's not always instant but you have to understand the time-schedule and effort that is needed to keep up with inundating tasks.
Fastus
Summa wrote:

Well it's not like Dan Green or Tony Rolando have legions under their command, and I'm sure they're both busy guys besides - and they've supplied EXEMPLARY support & responsiveness, which is why I know I can invest in their modules with absolute confidence (look at the wonderful & complex Rene sequencer: ZERO firmware updates - that's a job done right!!)

ADDAC stuff ain't cheap, and as much as we admire our favorite designers, there's absolutely no excuse for absolute absence of support for the unfinished Quantizer that I paid almost $500 for. You'd really think that with so many users at sea, that Andre at some point would sit down, write a single ultimate firmware fix, and test it properly! rather than just kicking the can down the road with an unending stream of firmware updates.
erstlaub
Oh, I'm guessing my wife's website enquiry about ordering the bottom end of the price range P6 expansion kit for my xmas will probably not be dealt with anytime soon then.
Multi Grooves
very frustrating

Not had the chance to try any of their offerings but I have to say it again they are pathetic in the arena of customer service. I have a better chance of contacting Lord Lucan in the middle of playing connect4 against Elvis whilst riding the Lock Ness monster in Atlantis.

So far I've managed to get to 1 email per day from them. F*cking yay w00t

I don't know if there's a problem with my Skype but I'm getting the same error messages on my laptop as the newly downloaded app on my android. Beyond frustrating.
Multi Grooves
Andre is not the only member of staff there. In fact I'm not sure I've ever received anything from him directly...ever.

Looks the site maybe down: Everytime I try to visit I just get a drop down menu akin to when you download.

seriously, i just don't get it
flo
Multi Grooves wrote:

How many emails per day do you expect?
Multi Grooves
flo wrote:
Multi Grooves wrote:

How many emails per day do you expect?

Hopefully it's not too much of an inconvenience to reply to customer request in a conversational style:

cust: Hi Can I buy that thing you sell?
addac: Sure
cust: In this color?
addac: .....

day 2
cust: Hello? In this color?
addac: yeah sure we have them in the following colors...
cust: Ooh, can I see this one?
addac......

day 3
cust: hello?! Can I see it in that color requested?
addac:.......

Day 4
cust: Hello? Anyone there?
addac: ......

Or am I 'busting their ballz, hans'?
erstlaub
Pretty mweh really.

My wife: Hi there, can I give you some money for my HB's Christmas present?

ADDAC: ...........

I get we're not dropping €€€€€€s on a fancy module or anything but the vaguest of responses would be nice. It's just rude.
Multi Grooves
So I finally made some headway. I wrote a bit of a direct email and got a reply from Andre. He informed me that the guy that I've been communicating with [in installments] only worked a few hours per day hence the staccato emails and that he himself was doing bigger things and couldn't get directly involved with the day-to-day emails (understably) and that he was sorry for the poor-to-date service.

I now have a 402 with a free silver custom (but with minor imperfections) faceplate in transit.

It doesn't have to be this way. If only they'd give straight forward honest answers, threads like this need not exist. But I am happy it's seemingly been resolved and look forward to trying my first ADDAC piece.
noisefor
I am the happy owner of two 111's and previous owner of a 401 (and always have eyes on more). I've had nothing but good experiences with ADDAC - always received responses to both sales and troubleshooting requests, and TOTALLY admire their innovative designs and contribution to Eurorack. Although responses may not have come seconds, or even a couple days after, I have never been left hanging.

That said, I have had really crappy customer support from the trendy manufacturers mentioned above, which has included at times total silence (requiring multiple follow-up emails). Ultimately though, I've never been burned by any of them, and have always been able to resolve shit outside the forum.
Riggar
Ordered a few bits and bobs early December - the Doepfer case extensions are super - stuff arrived 2 days ago. No problems.
pownie
Anybody know if anything's up with them these days?

I've been having troubles with a 701 VCO since february, and it's now more than three months later, and they still have my module in for repair, and they don't answer any of my mails?
flo
Just out of curiosity, what was the problem with your 701?
pownie
Not sure, really, but it didn't track properly. Even after calibration and all, the pitch seemed to randomly drift slowly even within minutes of calibration.
flo
Ok that's strange indeed. My pair has been rock solid from day one, never calibrated myself, even in different cases with different PSUs... Are you absolutely sure it was the oscs and not your CV source or something?
pownie
I think so, yes. It's a complex module to calibrate, apparently, so it might be something I couldn't fix myself anyways. But, problem is they don't answer, so I'm a little bit anxious about it all.
Aiyn Zahev
pownie wrote:
I think so, yes. It's a complex module to calibrate, apparently, so it might be something I couldn't fix myself anyways. But, problem is they don't answer, so I'm a little bit anxious about it all.

Did this ever get sorted out?
tFunk
Anyone heard from them recently?

I bought a custom panel, which Andre told me it was in stock and ready to ship, but after sending the payment more than 10 days ago, no more communication.

I sent a couple more email to ask about my order status but nothing. seriously, i just don't get it

UPDATE: Got my shipment tracking number today It's peanut butter jelly time!
Eudox
I must say i'm a bit surprised by what i read here.

Everytime i've dealt with Addac, everything was quick, professional and very informative.

Quite educational i must even say!

For example, i've placed an order yesterday and ask a few questions about some modules; i've received under a few hours several detailed answers.

The answers about the upcoming 222 CV to Midi module has been added in the meantime to a short FAQ in the product page :

http://www.addacsystem.com/product/addac200-series/addac222

It's sad that some of you have met some problems with Addac... It's not my experience... and i wouldn't want to see these problems frighten people, or make them keep away from this great line of products!.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 3 of 4