MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Your "Ah-Hah" moment with modular
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author Your "Ah-Hah" moment with modular
stike
Call it an "Ah-Hah" moment or conceptual breakthrough, but it is a pretty good feeling to realize you are no longer very frustrating

I had one last night - not a big one, just confirmation that different gate lengths add so much life to sequences and that I knew where in my current patch to control it. I actually learn the most when I start unpatching, while the patch is running.

If you have similar tales of the veil being lifted concerning modular, post them here.
Igor Berlin
when I realised how to use VCAs for CVs instead of audio.
Rumblin_Cynth_Rampo
My moment of Ah Hah was that I didn't have to have all my level knobs in Spinal Tap mode.
ETP
when i got my first clock divider. now there are four of them
craigie77
when i realised you could use stackables to mix triggers
Flohr
Learning what offset is for. Then getting an Invy.
silvano
Some yeras ago, when for the fist time I finnally understood the utility for doepfer clock divider/clock sequencer
audiohack
More of an oh-oh moment. It came within minutes of powering up my first three modules and realizing that everything I had ever read about the money-sucking power of modular was true. Completely addictive. Four months later, my case was full and I had enough "extra" modules to fill another.

The ah-hah moment came several days later when I realized I didn't plan for enough VCAs or Attenuators to control my signals. They may not always be sexy, but man are they important for really controlling your modular.
peripatitis
when i bought my first proper sequencer and realized that all those ideas about controlling the system from midi and or max etc where rubish. Much more fun from within...
eole
One of them : trying to apply mixed CVs from two sequencers running at a different speed to an oscillator.
Very simple, but...
jenamu6
When I realised, that more modulars and modules doesn't equal more music productivity.
EarlJemmings
Audio and cv feedback Drunken Homer Simpson
Sittidae
This is a great thread. I never use VCAs for CV. Why not? I don't know, but I'm going to try it right now. Epiphany!
ben_hex
Patching the livewire AFG into the malekko Borg 2 filter and twiddling the cut off knob. Hooked since.
botstein
craigie77 wrote:

I was recently instructed not to do this as it's apparently possible to break stuff this way.
Summa
realizing that I can use pretty much anything to modulate anything in eurorack. Sending CV through reverbs, delays, filters or whatever..
ben_hex
botstein wrote:
craigie77 wrote:

I was recently instructed not to do this as it's apparently possible to break stuff this way.

You can break stuff. General rule, no outputs sent to outputs and if. Trigger goes down a stackcables and back to other trigger outs that's not good. Some module are reverse signal protected (pressure points, RYO trig xpamder etc) which do allow you to do that though.
Dogma
What CV ADSr's are there? Only one I know I found out about last night l1's
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=94991
Soundifferent
...when I discovered logic modules! we're not worthy
Then, some years later, when I got my PLOG and used it with audio sources! woah
Dstone
Less is more.. Cv, modules,effect, everything! d'oh! nanners
orangehexagon
Summa wrote:
realizing that I can use pretty much anything to modulate anything in eurorack. Sending CV through reverbs, delays, filters or whatever..

It's peanut butter jelly time! w00t
echoplex
Honestly I had my AHH-moment when I bought Maths.
I had no idea what it was but everyone has it in their racks so I thought I need it and it could be useful.
After I was thrown in the deep end with Maths and wiggled around for some weeks I began to understand this..
Understanding the Maths opend up a whole new perspective on the modular and took me a large step further. w00t
Nantonos
Realizing that the fundamental frequency and the perceived pitch may be related, but are not the same.
Gregiz
Soundifferent wrote:
...when I discovered logic modules! we're not worthy
Then, some years later, when I got my PLOG and used it with audio sources! woah

My interest is peaked! I am borrowing a spock, wonder if similar woah-ness can be acheived
DwellerOnTheThreshold
When I found out what a quantizer did, and was finally able to use the turing machine I bought on impulse... d'oh!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 1 of 13