MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

my first modular video...featuring stg graphic seq
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author my first modular video...featuring stg graphic seq
pheops
i took last sunday to make a video...
built in powerbook iSight, so video quality is shit
direct into laptop, so audio is shit (and only one side)
but i spent all sunday on it, so here it is.
i'm inspired to go get a decent video camera with audio in, for the next one.

this one features the STG graphic sequencer, first clocked by midi clock>kenton>time buffer. later clocked by a noisering. e350, macbetch dual osc, oakley overdrive, borg, stg wavefolder, maths and qmmq all make appearances...i especially like the end drone where the graphic seq is in audio rate territory.

without further ado...:
Monobass
liking the 05:00 mark
computer controlled
So is the Graphic Sequencer available?
suitandtieguy
it will be available as soon as i get them sent to AH. i'm staring at a bin of finished PCBs and finished front panel/pcb assemblies waiting to be flashed, slapped together (well, not slapped, but pressed) and put into antistatic bags, then a box to be shipped.

there is a firmware change we're debugging right now, which was made because people at the AH 'Namm booth were confused by its operation in external clock mode. Mr Pheops here was going to clock it from DIN sync so i went ahead and sent his out.

the way they have behaved so far, in external clock mode (that is, when you're advancing it from the SHIFT input) when you switch to "stop at end" from "loop at end" it needs to be pulsed at the STAGE ONE INPUT jack. this was a deliberate decision to allow for maximum control over when it would start playing again if you were using it in a complex arrangement.

well the problem is people at the booth thought it was broken. no one had complained about this behaviour in the moog format version, but if it's going to present a problem with the euro version i wanted to change it so that when you switch back to "loop at end" mode it would advance to stage one on the next incoming pulse on the SHIFT input.

it's just about sorted out and i hope to start making shipments tomorrow.
computer controlled
Price?
suitandtieguy
sorry,

Graphic Sequencer: 295 USD
Trigger Sequencer: 325 USD
Time Buffer: 120 USD

the firmware change is complete, and i have the first 4 boxes packed. AH will have some of these by Tuesday.
REwire
For a one shot env, will it still stop at the last step and not move even if clock is still being fed to the shift input? The behavior you described at NAMM seems a logical way to run it. You would need a way to restart it if it's in "stop at end" mode, not from the shift input.

Dan
suitandtieguy
REwire wrote:
For a one shot env, will it still stop at the last step and not move even if clock is still being fed to the shift input? The behavior you described at NAMM seems a logical way to run it. You would need a way to restart it if it's in "stop at end" mode, not from the shift input.

correct. this firmware change only affects the behaviour when _returning_ to loop-at-end mode, so yes when it hits the last stage in stop-at-end mode, it will stay there until further notice.

also, regarding the stage one input. when this input goes high it will _stay_ there until it goes low, then advance to stage two on the next external clock pulse or imagined clock bus pulse.
Johnisfaster
pendulum mode?
suitandtieguy
I'm sorry. that was out of scope for this module, because its functionality was limited to what the Voltage Mini-Store did.

also while the front panel isn't completely full, the front panel PCB is. there are 4 double-row headers to connect the front panel to the mainboard. there wouldn't be room for a direction control.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1