MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MFOS?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author MFOS?
Kwote
i was just looking over a few of their boards and i noticed they're consistantly +/-12V

is there a way to get around that and make em +/-15V? or not really?
johnnymad
they will work on +/- 15v. most of the time, ray lists what resistor changes need to be made. all of my mfos modules are running on 15v, some with no resistor changes made at all.
haricots
I'm currently building the MFOS VCO which I purchased from Bridechamber. The MFOS site has great documentation including how to build it so that it works in a +/- 15V system. Plus Scott at Bridechamber has been a great help!
Kwote
awesome. great news. that noise cornucopia module looks effin sweet.
Kwote
johnnymad wrote:
they will work on +/- 15v. most of the time, ray lists what resistor changes need to be made. all of my mfos modules are running on 15v, some with no resistor changes made at all.

oh yeah, which ones required no changes?
johnnymad
the state variable filter, low pass filter, sample and hold, noise cornucopia, and vca work for me with no changes. the vco has a couple of changes, and the ar generator has a bunch but they're all listed on ray's site.

if you do the noise cornucopia, you should add a rotary switch to select different outputs on the 4024 ic. i found out about that mod too late but might try to squeeze one in.
Kwote
cool thanks.
futuresoundsystems
Even if it's a strict 12V only module, you could regulate your 15V down to 12V by using a small voltage regulator such as the 78L series.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1