Doepfer A-190-2 CV Note trouble

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

BMD
Learning to Wiggle

Doepfer A-190-2 CV Note trouble

Post by BMD » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:01 pm

Hi wigglers, new poster here.

I've just put together a very basic system (my first) and am having trouble with the CV Note output on the Doepfer A-190-2. It appears to be outputting the same signal regardless of what note is played from my keyboard, ie. the note doesn't change. If I patch in the Pitch CV instead all my pitch wheel movements are audible so I've ruled out my Dixie 2 being faulty. I'm thinking the CV Note output on the A-190-2 is maybe faulty but wanted to check here in case my problem is in fact down to noobness. I've attached an image of how my system is patched (obviously the VCA out is going to my mixer). Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Edit: Sorry, I also should have mentioned, patching the CV note output to the 1v/oct input on the Dixie 2 raises the pitch of the vco by 2 octaves and a tone, ie. C1 changes to D3.

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:35 pm

Try using a different Midi transmitter if you have one. Try doing a factory reset. The manual tells you how. Then try adjusting the trimming pot as per the manual. If you still have a problem contact Doepfer.

BMD
Learning to Wiggle

Post by BMD » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:21 pm

Thanks for the reply.

No joy with the factory reset, adjusting the trimming pot is doing nothing either. My midi interface and keyboard are playing nicely with all my other synths so I'm certain it's not either of those. I guess I've been unlucky and got a faulty unit, looks like I'll have to return it for a replacement.

Cheers.

Bokma
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Doepfer A-190-2 CV Note trouble

Post by Bokma » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:43 am

I know this thread is super old, but I had this exact problem and found my solution. Since the pcb is very close to the edge and the pcb is through hole, the solder was touching the side of my case, which is metal! I basically shortcircuited a +/- 4.5v line with the note output, giving a high pitch, I had about 0.5v left to increase the pitch with.

Rotated the module 180 degrees, looks funky but works like a charm!

ersatzplanet
Synthwerks Design

Re: Doepfer A-190-2 CV Note trouble

Post by ersatzplanet » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:06 pm

Bokma wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:43 am
I know this thread is super old, but I had this exact problem and found my solution. Since the pcb is very close to the edge and the pcb is through hole, the solder was touching the side of my case, which is metal! I basically shortcircuited a +/- 4.5v line with the note output, giving a high pitch, I had about 0.5v left to increase the pitch with.

Rotated the module 180 degrees, looks funky but works like a charm!
I had a worry about a TipTop uZeus touching the side of a metal skiff I had made. I put a couple of strips of electrical tape in the "danger zone" and all is well. You should do the same and not have to rotate it.
-James

James Husted - Synthwerks, LLC - www.synthwerks.com - info@synthwerks.com - james@synthwerks.com
Synthwerks is a proud member of the Mostly Modular Trade Association (http://www.mostlymodular.com).
Always looking to trade for Doepfer P6 cases

Return to “Eurorack Modules”