MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Gear for couch jamming
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Gear for couch jamming
Shoggoth
Sometimes you just want to lay on your couch and jam on some hardware. Anybody else doing this? What's your gear?

Yes an ipad could do everything but I'm interested in hardware as the sound source. I've tried out an ipad as a controller/sequencer connected to either a Minitaur or Shruthi. Ideally, I'd like those to route back into the ipad for reverb/delay but haven't picked up an interface.

Korg stuff (volcas/monotribe) and the microbrute seem well suited for that too. What else?
tuj
Yeah, I used to do it w/ my volca's, and now I do it on the coffee table with a macbook and Push. Push is like unbelievable for jamming and Ableton is really there with their instruments.
ResistSound
I've been using the Analog 4 on the couch

But I would agree that Ableton with Push is a great way to go as well.
sloth713
when I feel like lounging and jamming out I use my Future Retro Revolution or kaossilator pro. One day I would like to have an OP-1 for this and travel but that is probably a ways down the road.
darenager
I love couch jams, my most often used are Monotribe, OP-1, iPad.
pre55ure
Analog 4 or mpc 1000 both make for nice couch buddies.
MPC is nice cause I can do mindless finger drumming exercises while watching a movie. A4 (to me at least) involves a bit more focus.
Biff
Awesome topic. My favorites are:

Anything Elektron (esp Monomachine & A4)
Microkorg
Mini & microbute
boboter
OP-1 for sure. I connect my iPhone to it and sample from an internet-radio app. Infinite sounds, endless fun. And just one cable.

Dead Banana
elphenden
Any of the boxes from Elektron are great for this. I love to sit with my machinedrum and my headphones and go to it!
obscurerobot
The Tinysizer is great for couch jamming. If you are into rhythmic stuff, the Elektrons are great for that.
ignatius
laptop
elektron octatrack

i do this a lot actually. sometimes i think "just buy some fancy $500 headphones and sell off 80% of the stuff in the studio"

then i patch the modular and think "oh right"
ersatzplanet
Tenori-On is my unit for this. If my laptop is there, I connect to it for better sounds.
jenamu6
Octatrack boy is that the couch jam box!!!
h4ndcrafted
Bass bot! Battery powa!
scozbor
korg wavedrum!
bkbirge
boboter wrote:
OP-1 for sure. I connect my iPhone to it and sample from an internet-radio app. Infinite sounds, endless fun. And just one cable.
Dead Banana

+1, that thing is made for couching it.

pix
elektron rytm or patch tweaking on waldorf nave on the ipad
authorless
Desktop Evolver is pretty fun.
Chiffre
Volcas, Sunvox on iPad, Monotribe, ukulele.
chorus7
Tetrax and some patch cords and your golden… Hours of fun… add an iPad for FX...
MrVinegar
Many hours lost on the couch with the Gotharman LD2 and sometimes OP1. Chill times...
dude
laptop monome 128 grid+arc 2
hamildad
Seconding the Monome Grid.

Mark Eats Sequencer into a modded monotribe gives you 9 sequences for melody & 9 sequences for drum patterns.

thats enough for sofa surfers..
deego
op-1 all the way!
rod_zero
Ableton Push
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5