MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Shakmat Modular - Bishop's Miscellany
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Author Shakmat Modular - Bishop's Miscellany
Bishop Dust
Howdee !

We just started a small euro company, Shakmat Modular, and we are proud to introduce our first module, the Bishop's Miscellany.

The Bishop's Miscellany is a kind of dual CV / dual gate stepped CV recorder. You can record informations per step, max 32 steps. Check out this video, everything is explained there :

The pre productions unit are now tweaked by beta testers, so i m waiting for their feedback to see if there re some modifications to work on. Here re two "improvements" we already decided :

1- There will be 4 more gate inputs to control with external gate the REC, AB, CUT and OPEN function

2- OPEN is now called RNDM on the front panel.

The module should be released early december, the price will be between 200 and 250 euros.

Note we are working on other stuffs, next one should be a three channel trig sequencer with push buttons to play your sequence live and with on the fly mangling possibilities. Some people of the DIY section may have seen a prototype of this one.
falafelbiels
w00t

Looks very very good
ether
Way cool.
Kingnimrod
If I could make one suggestion, it would be for lighted push-button switches instead of toggles. That would make it easier to play with and better visual cues in a mess of wires
Daisuk
Very cool! I'll definitely be looking to get one of these at some point. Great faceplate design too! thumbs up
Bishop Dust
Kingnimrod wrote:
If I could make one suggestion, it would be for lighted push-button switches instead of toggles. That would make it easier to play with and better visual cues in a mess of wires

I thought about it but that would be difficult for this design.
Dave77
Great thumbs up
bodo
Génial! I saw it over at the DIY section and was drooling.
On a side note, you're probably Belgian's first eurorack manufacturer if I'm not mistaken, if so, congratulations!!
Bishop Dust
bodo wrote:
Génial! I saw it over at the DIY section and was drooling.
On a side note, you're probably Belgian's first eurorack manufacturer if I'm not mistaken, if so, congratulations!!

ahaha thanks ! Not the first belgian modular manufacturer but maybe the first euro
Bambou
Very cool module, congrats nanners
nofuture
No,
The guys behind Alyseum is a Belgian smile

Really nice module by the way, really love how simple and efficient it is !
Bishop Dust
Yes you re right, the copperlan modules, i think they are based close to Brussels !
Ras Thavas
Would it be possible to "arm" the two CV and gate outputs for recording separately?

A 3 way toggle that arms in- Position 1) CV 1 and gate 1, Position 2 Both CV's and gates, and in Position 3) CV2 and gate 2, when the record switch is flipped?

Sorry for the feature creep, but had to ask. Looks like a great module!
ezehagar
That looks super fun. Hope to see them for sale in North America.
ben_hex
Awesome! I'd second the suggestion for push buttons rather than switches. Much more playable.
jc3music
Great advice Ben!!!!

I like this module. Anything that makes cool musical riffs is what I want!!

Guinness ftw!
ignatius
looks really fun. would love to be able to gate between A/B instead of manually.

but very cool module. nice set of features.

+1 to lighted push buttons over switches
Bishop Dust
ignatius wrote:
looks really fun. would love to be able to gate between A/B instead of manually.

Yep this will be in the final version, gate inputs for all the switch fonctions !
ignatius
Bishop Dust wrote:
ignatius wrote:

Yep this will be in the final version, gate inputs for all the switch fonctions !

!!! thats good news. puts me into the "must have" column
djthopa
Hi this is looking great!

One question, loop length and pitch knobs, do these affect both gate 1 and gate 2 (loop lenght) and cv 1 and cv 2 (pitch) at the same time?

Meannig could you dial diferent loop lenghts and pitches for Gate 1 Cv 1v and Gate 2 cv 2? Or they are the same?

Any idea when this module will be released?

It similar to the brainseed in some way...

Congrats!
evs
and toggles, great, no push buttons! w00t
have to say hate push buttons, LOVE toggles. awesome!
Elguapo505
Very excited for this! Will definetely add this to my rack once available! applause
falafelbiels
I have to concur that toggles are no less playable than pushbuttons in this configuration to me. There are too many leds in my own modules than is good for the eyes anyway (or so the GF says).

Yearning for the trigger sequencer............

Yearn yearn
ether
+1 for toggles
de_raaf
looking awesome, will get one, say the prototype earlier at the brussels meet, killer can't wait
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Page 1 of 15