MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

4ms QPLFO - Quad Pingable LFO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author 4ms QPLFO - Quad Pingable LFO
scriptstyle
is there a pcb that exists for diy? I would even buy a kit.
mOBiTh
me too. god i hate their panels though
fuzzbass
I wrote them recently asking for this. Maybe if they got more than one request....
spneca
Another curious person...
nangu
I'd be in for four kits without the panels. I already have Grayscale for them..
scriptstyle
i am going to email them now and link this thread in hopes of persuading them, post up to show interest. w00t
sempervirent
Indeed, the factory panel is no obstacle (though I've only got one left):
http://grayscale.info/panels/4ms-quad-pingable-lfo-qplfo/

Here's a good shot of the assemblage:
http://www.4mspedals.com/QPLFO/proto_perspectives6f.jpg
catchpenny
I asked in the euro thread once about the quad clock distributor and they said it wasnt really feasible for diy due to smt or something.
woodster
All the 4ms kits are great, so any more would be much appreciated.
spneca
Good news, everyone!

https://twitter.com/4msCompany/status/535514876513222656
woodster
applause
windspirit
Ooooooooohhhhhhh yeah!

Love me some 4ms kits grin
Sleipnir
Not to bring up a zombie, but thought this might belong here (I'm also kind of proud of my fix).
I built my QPLFO kit, and right away started having trouble with the on/off buttons. They were aligned correctly, but the internal latches broke after just a couple of weeks usage.
It turns out the latching switch buttons (E-Switch LP4EE1PBCTY) are about as rare as hens teeth.
So, after pouring through parts specs, I found these: E-Switch 200MDP1T1B1M2QEH mini toggle switches.
The mounting is only .001in difference, so was a press fit in the existing holes.
The shafts are too small to mount to the faceplate, so I was worried about repeated switching eventually causing failures. It turns out 5/16" vinyl tubing is a tight press fit over the switch shaft threads, and also a tight press fit into the original pushbutton holes.
nanners
It almost looks factory, and I actually prefer toggles over the pushbuttons. I don't really miss anything from the original design, as there is still visible indication of on/off with not only the switch location, but the flashing color LED. If I was more adventurous, I could mount an LED under the switches, and I bet the vinyl would act as a lightpipe, giving a glowing ring around the toggle.
Guinness ftw!

deftinwulf
Sleipnir wrote:
Not to bring up a zombie,

Sorry to zombie your zombie, but man I just gotta say that's a pretty awesome save on your QPLFO, there. Is the DIY version all through-hole or is there SMD as well? I wonder if the more recent kits still suffer from the old fragile button design. If you see this, how's the module holding up in 2019?
Sleipnir
deftinwulf wrote:
Sleipnir wrote:
Not to bring up a zombie,

Sorry to zombie your zombie, but man I just gotta say that's a pretty awesome save on your QPLFO, there. Is the DIY version all through-hole or is there SMD as well? I wonder if the more recent kits still suffer from the old fragile button design. If you see this, how's the module holding up in 2019?

SlayerBadger! Thanks
It’s still going strong, and I use the crap out of it.
Haven’t had any trouble with the other (momentary) buttons. Those are also used on other modules I have, including non-4ms.
I don’t know if anyone else uses those latching switches. Guess that’s why they’re hard to get. The design is quite fragile when you pull them apart and check them out (I had 2 busted and 2 working to dissect). A tiny piece of plastic barely thicker than a cat whisker does the latching. Guess that’s what you have to do to have a miniature switch that is mostly a light.
I don’t think they have changed the diy kits since mine. It was 100% through-hole.
Again, not only do I not miss the lighted buttons for on/off, but the toggles feel much more satisfying to flip when playing. Win! nanners
deftinwulf
Cool, thanks for the reply! I'm seriously considering picking up a QPLFO DIY kit so it's nice to know it's all through-hole. Glad to hear the module is still rocking! w00t Rockin' Banana!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1