MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[May restock] SSSR Labs VC Divider
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author [May restock] SSSR Labs VC Divider
rpocc
Hi to all.
My first commercial module, the VC Divider is available at my store:
SSSR Labs VC Divider Eurorack Module
SSSR Labs VC Divider DIY Full Kit

Complete Eurorack DIY kit is for just USD 75 including international shipping!
PCB+uC and panels are available separately.

First run of 50 kits was sold in 2014, now another 50 kits are available.

The SSSR Labs VC Divider is a dual, voltage controlled frequency divider module. It is equally suitable for both low-frequency or audio-rate signals, so it can be used with LFOs, clock sources, oscillators, or even noise or speech sources. Thanks to a space saving old-school design, the Eurorack version of this DIY-friendly module occupies only 4hp.

The VC Divider consists of two channels, which can work separately or be linked in different ways. Each channel has one clock input and one clock output. The division factor of each channel can be selected either manually with knobs, or remotely with a voltage applied to the control inputs. The division method is a 'musical' type, which means that all patterns generated by this module will be perfectly in beat if they are all reset simultaneously. Unlike Flip-flop or binary counter based dividers, SSSR Labs VC Divider keeps the duration of incoming clocks intact, so it is not only able to trigger envelope generators, but can also directly gate them, providing articulation uniformity with variable rhythmic patterns.

The VC Divider can be used in many different ways: to control a rhythmic pattern of percussive instruments with a sequencer or another clocked CV source, or to divide a master clock to get traditional note durations, or even to get distinctive sub-oscillation. With this module you can easily do stylish complex hi-hat patterns, or create unusual polyrhythmic textures. The linear mode also allows creating patches which imitate game console sound effects.

Modules are shipped as DIY kits. The PCB supports Eurorack format as well as open modular formats such as MOTM and accepts both 12v and 15v supply. It is designed to be easily expanded to add a number of additional features such as: individual reset inputs, advanced signal routing and mode selection. Even when there is no expander, the module can be configured with a few jumpers. Each part has its own dedicated micro-controller in order to achieve the best performance. The firmware is written in assembly language ensuring minimal latency.

Specifications of assembled Eurorack module:
Module width: 4hp
Module depth: 59mm (2.3")
Net weight: 74g (2.6oz)
Module dimensions: 129x20x80mm (5" x 0.8" x 3.14")
+12v rail power consumption: 15-26 mA
-12v rail power consumption: 1.5 mA

Product page
Modular grid page
Operation Manual
Previous Thread
Description video with the breadboarded prototype
Video
Video2
Audio
EATyourGUITAR
is it PIC or AVR? what frequency audio was it tested to be %100 working?
euromorcego
great, will try one (or two) for sure ...
rpocc
EATyourGUITAR wrote:
is it PIC or AVR? what frequency audio was it tested to be %100 working?

The VC Divider uses AVR controller.

The input frequency could be any within the audio-range and sometimes beyond, but the output is clear up to about 5 kHz or so. Higher frequencies are available, but with some glitchy harmonics in the sound. It's hard to describe how it sounds like. I will add some subosc-related audio-examples tomorrow.
yan6
whats the price for a PCB, uC and panel
mckenic
Great, thanks rpocc!
Looking forward to having the credit card clear to pick up some of these.

Im trying to decide to go for one or just get two with a DIY switches/jumpers/resets panel in between hihi

Hopefully they will still be available when I can afford them!
thumbs up
rpocc
yan6 wrote:
whats the price for a PCB, uC and panel

Just take a brief look onto product page.
PCB 20, Panel 15
JohnLRice
Looks nice, rpocc! thumbs up
ClausF
ordered one.
Site is a bit confusing:
- you have to choose the options (panel, parts) and have to do that again at checkout
- going directly to Paypal forgets the shipping costs
- so I was forced to go the normal checkout way, where I have to put in my address (what is anyway stored at Paypal) and on the paying tab I had to create a account, which I was not interested in. You can delete it.

Hope you brush this up for the next modules screaming goo yo
sonicwarrior
What about firmware updates? Have the chips to be replaced for that or is there an update routine like for the Pamela's Workout?
euromorcego
Quote:

worked fine here. Yes, the shipping costs are gone, but they are re-added later, so all worked out fine in PayPal. No need to make an account.
qfactor
I guess the TL064 can be "drop-in" replaced with a TL074, right? hmmm.....
LektroiD
Each time I try to pay with PayPal, I get an error...
Quote:
Your order has failed

Is it possible to send the payment directly to an email address?

I am looking for a PCB/PIC, and 4HP panel
rpocc
ClausF wrote:
ordered one.
Site is a bit confusing:
- you have to choose the options (panel, parts) and have to do that again at checkout
- so I was forced to go the normal checkout way, where I have to put in my address (what is anyway stored at Paypal) and on the paying tab I had to create a account, which I was not interested in. You can delete it.

Hope you brush this up for the next modules screaming goo yo

The store is based on the Ecwid engine.

The lost shipping is actually not lost. The site requires you first to be logged into PayPal, then returns you to order confirmation page where you can choose the shipping option:

you add products to the bag
click "Checkout with PayPal"
Ecwid redirects you to the PayPal site
you sign in with the PayPal account or create a new one
PayPal redirects you back to Ecwid
Ecwid creates a new profile based on the information from PayPal and shows the last checkout page
you review your order, change the shipping method if necessary and press "Submit order" button
Ecwid sends the request to PayPal in background, PayPal charges your credit card.

Concerning the options, I can not reproduce this glitch. Maybe you have some issue with Cookies?
rpocc
LektroiD wrote:
Each time I try to pay with PayPal, I get an error...
Quote:
Your order has failed

Is it possible to send the payment directly to an email address?

I am looking for a PCB/PIC, and 4HP panel

Of course, I can bill customers directly if they experiencing problems with the online store. However I'm working on it.
PM'ed.

sonicwarrior wrote:
What about firmware updates? Have the chips to be replaced for that or is there an update routine like for the Pamela's Workout?

Since the chip is just ATTINY13, it cannot be updated user-friendly. You need to extract the chip and use a complete ISP AVR programmer to perform an update, but currently I do not plan to release any updates because firmware is pretty simple.

qfactor wrote:

Of course. It will just drain a bit more current.
qfactor
rpocc wrote:

qfactor wrote:

Of course. It will just drain a bit more current.

I had similar issues paying thru PayPal from your site. Then instead of logging in to PayPal after I clicked on the Order, I keyed in my credit card details and all. This, then led me to be able to pay via PayPal thereafter!! hmmm.....

In any case, could you please check if my order went thru to you? My order is the one from Singapore Guinness ftw!

Thanks!
oberkorn
just ordered with no problems
CLee
Just ordered (no problem), Thanks!
BananaPlug
I just ordered two with parts but no panels, used PayPal, was not shown shipping options. Paypal should be sending you my address (in Philadelphia, PA, USA). Can you verify that you have what you need?
hmmm.....
Reality Checkpoint
Ordered!

Payment through Paypal is definitely clunky and charged me $76!

Hey ho!
rpocc
Reality Checkpoint wrote:
Ordered!

Hey ho!

I will refund you a dollar later smile

BananaPlug wrote:
I just ordered two with parts but no panels, used PayPal, was not shown shipping options. Paypal should be sending you my address (in Philadelphia, PA, USA). Can you verify that you have what you need?
hmmm.....

Nope, I can't see such amount (80 or 82) or even Philadelphia in received orders.

qfactor wrote:

I had similar issues paying thru PayPal from your site. Then instead of logging in to PayPal after I clicked on the Order, I keyed in my credit card details and all. This, then led me to be able to pay via PayPal thereafter!! hmmm.....

In any case, could you please check if my order went thru to you? My order is the one from Singapore Guinness ftw!

Thanks!

Singapore, -, 238459б USD 35, PCB+Panel, right? I have this order marked as paid, so it will be processed.

Guys, the shipping day for first orders will be tomorrow or a day after tomorrow, I just need some time to pack full kits.
Thanks to all who decided to order my module.
terrafractyl
Just ordered 1 PCB to Melbourne, Australia

Thanks rpocc!!
BananaPlug
I tried again and was able to complete the process.
Order #19Status: Paid It's peanut butter jelly time!
thorncore
ordered with no issues...
looking forward to this 8_)
Reality Checkpoint
rpocc wrote:
Reality Checkpoint wrote:
Ordered!

Hey ho!

I will refund you a dollar later smile

Please do not worry about the $!

I am just so pleased that you have been able to release this module, and am looking forward to seeing what else you have in development. thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 1 of 8