MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Doepfer A-110-4 Thru Zero Quadrature VCO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next [all]
Author Doepfer A-110-4 Thru Zero Quadrature VCO
listentoaheartbeat
It's been a while since I was excited about a module announcement, but here we go:

A-110-4 Thru Zero Quadrature VCO

I've already been considering trying some Doepfer in regards to linear FM after reading about Navs' A-143-9 modification, but this looks even more tempting.

I have to try and find more info about this type of thru-zero implementation. Apparantly it's based on some sort of a resonating feedback circuit similar to a filter and not on a saw- or triangle-core oscillator.

Two of these and a uVCA would neatly fit into 22hp, which I think is a good size for a dual operator FM sound generator with two VC indices for cross-modulation.

Dstone
It's peanut butter jelly time! I Need this maybe a few
exper
Hey look at Dieter getting a little snazzy with the graphics! hihi

But really, this is cool. A couple of these and a vca between them would be fun for dynamic FM. Sines should be clean from it, like the A-143-9.

However? No fine tune?
plogbidman
I am waiting for That module too ! thumbs up
listentoaheartbeat
exper wrote:

But really, this is cool. A couple of these and a vca between them would be fun for dynamic FM. Sines should be clean from it, like the A-143-9.

However? No fine tune?

Yeah, weird. My immediate thought was to add two variable offset voltages which are normalled to the XFM inputs with switching jacks. The XFM knob would then scale the range of the fine-tune, adjustable via the offset.
plogbidman
Do not Forget That This module Is basically a.... Filter !
Actually the QZVCO Is a simplification of the former unborn QVCO, which was a filter...
AAG
Another Doepfer must-have!
Funky40
the question is how the tracking behave is in regards to the "initial offset",
here called L-tune respectivly Lfrq

no fine tune is not excatly a good thing, imho. not on such module

Frequenzy Range is another question,
also if the range changes in regards to "initial offset"
its a good thing on such module to have from low Freq up to 20khz
???

120€ is a steal
dualmono
hyper
LoFi Junglist
exper wrote:

Great, now we need to start getting greyscale panels for Doepfer modules too Mr. Green

I wanted a new oscillator next year, looks like either this TZVCO or Eowave's Orage TZVCO It's peanut butter jelly time!
matttech
looks like a winner - gonna have to keep my eye on this fella. gotta love the doepfer!
DerHeinrich
Rockin' Banana! Guinness ftw!
chvad
and here i was just thinking to myself that nothing coming out recently was exciting me!
extra testicle
would like to see the inverted outs a la a143-9 as well. super useful.
Phetus
Has anyone heard what the range on this is? Will it do sub audio as in LFO?

No range switch is making me think not :(
sonicwarrior
Funky40 wrote:
no fine tune is not excatly a good thing, imho. not on such module

Yes, that seems like a strange omit to me, too.
mr.freeman
Well it is still in final development stage so maybe thefinal version will have more phase outs and a fine control seriously, i just don't get it
tsunamisucks
its very good, and the announced price is even better

looking forward to
Pengapung
Any one knows something about this?
http://www.doepfer.de/A100_QVCO.htm
Searching 4 a module where you can use a external VCO and shift the frequency like 1V/Octave in realtime, wondering if it's possible 2 use an vinyl recording of waveshapes to use as a VCO source for sequencing, and scratch different wave frequencies in realtime?
DerHeinrich
Pengapung wrote:
Any one knows something about this?
http://www.doepfer.de/A100_QVCO.htm

http://www.doepfer.de/A1104.htm and scroll down
milkshake
Pengapung wrote:

Searching 4 a module where you can use a external VCO and shift the frequency like 1V/Octave in realtime, wondering if it's possible 2 use an vinyl recording of waveshapes to use as a VCO source for sequencing, and scratch different wave frequencies in realtime?

A pitch shifter is what you need. To my knowledge there's not a module available that can do it with 1V/Oct cv.
wellurban
milkshake wrote:
A pitch shifter is what you need. To my knowledge there's not a module available that can do it with 1V/Oct cv.

Does the Audio Damage Grainshift do 1v/o?
listentoaheartbeat
milkshake wrote:
To my knowledge there's not a module available that can do it with 1V/Oct cv.

Echophon! smile
quadrupole
So is the a-110-4 better suited as a carrier or a modulator? Is the tzfm an advantage if I primarily plan to use it to fm my other oscs?
mritenburg
milkshake wrote:
Pengapung wrote:

Analog Systems RS290 in pitch shifter mode should be able to do it. Also, the TipTop Z-DSP *should* be able to do it, but I'm not sure there is a pitch shifting program for it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next [all]
Page 1 of 19