MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Modular = virgin territory, advice appreciated
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Modular = virgin territory, advice appreciated
Sofine
Firstly, greetings everyone. I enter this place with trepidation. I can see you are all infected beyond help with endless modular lust. Please let me in... Guinness ftw!

I have spent the last 5 days browsing this and other forums, lots of youtube and lots of headscratching.

Let me begin by saying. I want a modular. Let me follow that up with, I don't have much of a budget very frustrating Maybe 2,000 by the time I have sold some other gear to part finance this.

My current gear of relevance to this topic would be:
Moog little phatty (I will be getting the Moog CP251 very soon)
Nord Wave
Roland V-synth V2
Gotarman DeMoon (will be selling to fund the modular)
Roland JD990 (will be selling to fund the modular)
Kaoss Pad 3
Native Instruments Maschine
Axion Pro 61
C-Thru Axis 49

I can get a good deal on the following:
Analogue Systems Mini System (RS10 containing RS20, RS40, RS60, RS80, RS95, RS110, RS180)
Doepfer A100 6U Rack
MFB Kraftzwerg Module
MFB SCHLAGZWERG or MFB 522 or MFB 503
Doepfer MAQ 16/3 or Analogue Systems Oberkorn or Future Retro Orb or MFB Step64

So, in short, HELP.

I really like the sound and value of the Kraftzwerg and taking future lust into account think it would be better to get modules of this and put them in a Doepfer a100 6u case. This would take up a good part of one half of the rack. I could plum for the AS minisystem straight off the bat too instead of a drum machine sequencer (SCHLAGZWERG or mfb 522 or 503) and use my Maschine for drums (though this requires the dreaded PC)

Here's my mod mock up:

Any comments, suggestions, recommendations, insults, anecdotes, free gear most welcome.

God help me.

ambulance
fireclown
those modules there should be enough to get you into trouble.
Toss an SQ8 sequencer in there and/or grab the Oberkorn and you could rule
the world!
Sofine
Thanks Fireclown.

I am thinking that I might leave out the AS minisystem for the moment and add in the Doepfer A-155 Analog/Trigger Sequencer, A-154 Sequencer Controller and the Livewire Audio Frequency Generator.

Would give me a good sound source / mod variety and also cover me for sequencer (and also the moog phatty), as well as being contained in the one box.

Any thoughts?

Also, would the Doepfer A-156 Quantizer be useful in this scenario. I would be mostly using the mod for melodic or bass sequences, not so much for noise...

Damn, drums... hmmm... prob the MFB 522
sandyb
if you're wanting a modular sequencer for melodic stuff that'll be in tune with your other gear a quantizer would be a wise purchase.
J3RK
I think you've chosen well for something intended to be musical with that budget. I would also suggest having the quantizer. I personally would go with the TipTop SSM Filter over the MFB Ladder, but that's just my personal taste.
fireclown
Depends on the price of the A Sys goods, if they were a real good used bargain I wouldnt turn them down, new or close to it in price Id pass... I have all those modules minus the VCA and multimode VCF. The EG, LFO and VCO are pretty decent themselves, well worth having. the VCA gets a lot of praise, Id like to have one. The 155 sequencer is great! Im not so big on the 154, but it has loads of features otherwise hard to obtain. 156 quantizer is a great piece. Bound for good times!

Sofine wrote:
Thanks Fireclown.

I am thinking that I might leave out the AS minisystem for the moment and add in the Doepfer A-155 Analog/Trigger Sequencer, A-154 Sequencer Controller and the Livewire Audio Frequency Generator.

Would give me a good sound source / mod variety and also cover me for sequencer (and also the moog phatty), as well as being contained in the one box.

Any thoughts?

Also, would the Doepfer A-156 Quantizer be useful in this scenario. I would be mostly using the mod for melodic or bass sequences, not so much for noise...

Damn, drums... hmmm... prob the MFB 522
Veqtor
You could perhaps wait for the tiptop quantizer or the flame tame machine...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1