MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

doepfer diy kit #1 questions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author doepfer diy kit #1 questions
KNYST
I recently got some doepfer bus boards. The soldering on the backside looks strange to me:

WTF?!? Is this common/as it should be? Would it be unwise to use them? (haven't tested them yet)
Input is much obliged.
sandyb
afaik the two columns simply replicate each other and there is some duplication vertically within a column too, so bridges like these are ok, providing they connect ground to ground etc and not, say, ground to -12v. i'm pretty certain my doepfer bus boards have some similar solder bridges. this picture from the doepfer site may help:

johnnymad
mine has these bridges too and it works fine. i think it's supposed to be that way.
KNYST
johnnymad wrote:
mine has these bridges too and it works fine. i think it's supposed to be that way.

Thanks guys. Guess I'm fine then.
As these 'bridges' aren't in the same spots on my two boards, it looks kind of random.

sandyb wrote:
afaik the two columns simply replicate each other and there is some duplication vertically within a column too, so bridges like these are ok, providing they connect ground to ground etc and not, say, ground to -12v. i'm pretty certain my doepfer bus boards have some similar solder bridges.

Sure thing! (these ones are only connecting to its own kind, like ground to ground, etc).
darenager
Fine as long as the bridges are on the same supply line, I have had modules with similar bridges on them FWIW
KNYST
[subject edited]

Another diy kit #1 thing, and perhaps a stupid question...
When connecting the transformer to the psu, the two cords are red and white (both are black in this pic from the doepfer pdf).
Does it matter which goes where?
(of course not to ground) Both connectors on the psu board says AC.
ST UF FLI N EAR
when answering the prior question,
could somebody tell me the measurements (size) of the psu?
i am planning to build a case, but cant find the size of the diykit1psu anywhere.
help
KNYST
Sure, here you go:
It's 11 by 8cm. Height is about 4cm.
sandyb
KNYST wrote:
[subject edited]

Another diy kit #1 thing, and perhaps a stupid question...
When connecting the transformer to the psu, the two cords are red and white (both are black in this pic from the doepfer pdf).
Does it matter which goes where?
(of course not to ground) Both connectors on the psu board says AC.

nope - doesn't matter.
nanners
KNYST
Thank you, my favourite yellow ball! Hug
qu.one
ST UF FLI N EAR wrote:
i am planning to build a case, but cant find the size of the diykit1psu anywhere.
help

actually, doepfer has very detailed info about the diy kit(s) on their website. for example:

http://www.doepfer.de/a100_man/A100_DIY_kits.pdf
ST UF FLI N EAR
qu.one wrote:
ST UF FLI N EAR wrote:
help

actually, doepfer has very detailed info about the diy kit(s) on their website. for example:

http://www.doepfer.de/a100_man/A100_DIY_kits.pdf

thanks for the reply,
i have #2
but the dimensions arent on it, only the drillingholes to attach it.
hight i needed> thanks knyst!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1