MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

A+ customer service!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author A+ customer service!
breadman
Just wanted to relay an experience quick--my Polivoks VCF's cutoff pot got scratchy after seeing heavy use, so I got in touch with Scott and he had me send it to him. With relatively short notice before he left the country, he fixed it up and shipped it back, no sweat. The Harvestman has my backing forevermore!
Voggg
I got good service too for a Honda issue. Thanks Scott!
lloydcole
Scott was extremely forgiving and understanding of my noobie blowing up my Double Adore and fixed it and got it back to me pronto. Kudos.
Jamisnemo
He also helped me get my Hertz Donut MKII back up and running even when he was headed on vacation by giving me hints to fix it myself after I fried it.

Scott, you rock! Guinness ftw!
Modulus
I'd like to say thanks to Scott too for amazing customer service. He went above and beyond to help me out. Another Harvestman customer for life.
Mirrorad
What is the best way to reach Scott these days? I'm not having much luck with support@theharvestman.org. Thanks.
adamon
Mirrorad wrote:
What is the best way to reach Scott these days? I'm not having much luck with support@theharvestman.org. Thanks.

Having the same experience here... I'm going on just over a month now with a sick tyme sefari and have gotten nothing back from him; I've tried on here, pms, fb groups/messages, and the emails listed on the hm site. Disappointing and frustrating... help

Major bummer for me based on what peoples past experiences have been... waah I hope everyone can get all fixed up once he's back on the radar.
adamon
Just a quick update: Scott did finally email me; said my original email had been "lost"... seriously, i just don't get it but my tyme sefari is now en-route to the gov for a firmware reboot This is fun! Maybe try and send your email again!
guestt
Three emails and no response at all here! edit: and not in the last day or something, been trying for at about two months. As I have said elsewhere, i am extremely patient and understanding but this is bad.

Something definitely very, very wrong :(

Can we have some clarification and at the very least an acknowledgement please?

I'll give it a few more days then post in the main Eurorack forum because it is obvious this forum is not currently monitored.
carvingcode
Adding to list of customers who have not received response to a support request.
guestt
It seems that The Harvestman is only doing support through Facebook - which makes this whole situation worse.

Facebook sends email notifications - so I can only conclude that direct customer support request emails are being ignored and Facebook requests are being responded too - this is some kind of insanity.

I am genuinely shocked at this revelation, I always thought of The Harvestman as rebellious, hardcore, metal, cool as fuck... and Facebook as the single most uncool thing on the planet - I mean it's the epitome of everything any right thinking person should hate about the modern world.

The incongruity is mind bending!

Maybe I am wrong and something has gone really badly wrong somewhere... I hope so, because if not this would be the single biggest disappointment of the decade for me sad banana
guestt
I should add that I don't care what other people think/do re. Facebook, that's up to them (naturally!), it's just the fact that the impression that is being created at the moment is that Facebook users get support whereas people who just email directly don't get support and it's that that I am taking objection to.

I've just checked and the first time I tried to make contact was 11th April, not about this issue with the SH I may add, but still, that's no reply at all in just over two months.

I can only imagine that something has gone horribly wrong with email or something, I refuse to believe that use mere email/Muffs users are being singled out in favour of Facebook fans - that's just absurd!
adamon
I consider myself lucky to have gotten a response from him based on everyone else's situations here. I was getting close to the two month mark since my initial inquires about my tyme sefari buffer problem; it was a very discouraging two months indeed and was quite the gut check. I've actually been shifting over the past year to a full-on harvestman system (went from one module to eight) and this made me have some serious indigestion about this move. It's tough considering that design-wise I really can't be any more happy than what I have of his.

I'm also just trying to be optimistic, perhaps to a fault, that something indeed is going on that is just complicating things on his end and that is not just "the way it is" now for us. This certainly also just seems to be a thing that we have to consider when you have so much attention/interest in essentially "one-man shows" (like probably more than half of most euro makers...). I can appreciate this on a personal level with my dabblings in the synth market but it just makes me wonder what can be done to help these guys out when needed.
guestt
adamon wrote:
I consider myself lucky to have gotten a response from him based on everyone else's situations here. I was getting close to the two month mark since my initial inquires about my tyme sefari buffer problem; it was a very discouraging two months indeed and was quite the gut check. I've actually been shifting over the past year to a full-on harvestman system (went from one module to eight) and this made me have some serious indigestion about this move. It's tough considering that design-wise I really can't be any more happy than what I have of his.

I'm also just trying to be optimistic, perhaps to a fault, that something indeed is going on that is just complicating things on his end and that is not just "the way it is" now for us. This certainly also just seems to be a thing that we have to consider when you have so much attention/interest in essentially "one-man shows" (like probably more than half of most euro makers...). I can appreciate this on a personal level with my dabblings in the synth market but it just makes me wonder what can be done to help these guys out when needed.

Thanks for this adamon

You're absolutely right of course, and I have every bit of understanding patience and kindness I can muster for these guys.

There are just limits and what bugs me the most about this is that this situation could be so easily mitigated:

1) email auto-responder - trivial to set up but would put everyones mind at ease; all it needs to say is "Due to <insert some reason here> support is minimal at the moment, we will deal with your request in a month when we are back to normal" or something - so easy, it would literally take a minute or two

2) an announcement here, or on the website saying the same thing, again, a few minutes is all it would take

I guess you get the idea...

Anyway, I had my little grumble, it's pointless dwelling on these things whatever the outcome.
guestt
OK, I heard from Scott, he is in the middle of a move which explains the support hiatus... hopefully things will get back to normal in the not too distant future!

It's so bizarre going from having great experiences with some gear, then something going wrong, giving the benefit of the doubt, waiting, patiently ... trusting, hoping... but then reaching the end of your patience and getting frustrated, to then having it solved and thinking, Scott is great, I really like this guy and his work, I wish I hadn't got to the point of frustration...

Just life I suppose, anyway, happy to report that Scott is alive and well and this will all blow over soon and the A+ service will live once more! This is fun!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1