MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

22FW from 2 enclosures?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author 22FW from 2 enclosures?
qstate
Hello:

Has anyone tried bolting together two standard 11FW enclosures to make a 22FW row for use with Bomber style end cheeks?

If so, any issues? If not, can anyone think of any issues like sturdiness?

Thanks!
a scanner darkly
I've done that exactly. It was very sturdy, no issues.

You might want to turn one side 180 degrees so that the power connectors are closer to each other. Also I recommend putting a washer (or several) between the cases - it was a pretty tight fit for modules otherwise. What I would do is put the modules in and make sure they fit well before you screw them in.

indexofmetals
in the days before bombers I had 2 cases that way (2 racks and then 2 sets of 3), but with an end piece in the middle but probably not necessary. Just need lots of long banana cables.
qstate
Very cool. Thanks for the info and photos.

Now, I just need to decide if should, now that I know its possible! The sea of Bugs is tempting!
BugBrand
Yes, probably works fine as-is. I did try it several years ago just to see (ie. didn't use it that way in the long run).

I do still have a few different end-cheeks hanging around if you did want to try the 'extra-in-the-middle' approach (which is probably how I'd do it)
qstate
Thanks for chiming in, Tom. I've got 2 pairs of cheeks coming with the systems so I can experiment with the different options.

The idea of a 22FW bomber with a standalone 15FW full of Red Bugs in front feels very compelling!
moog55
crappy phone pics, but i've done this too. definitely need lots of long cables though.

qstate
Nice! Guess I better start making cables.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1