MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SynthTech Update
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author SynthTech Update
paults
a) created Facebook Group to not bother people as much here. Link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/929892040372644/

b) E102 Quad Temporal Shifter should be here on 22Nov. It will take me a few weeks to test. calibrate and box up to get to distribution. I know many (??!?) people want this around Christmas-time, every effort will be made.

also have to trade time with......

c) the E480 CS-80 VCF is done in design and I am in the process of schematic capture. I promised OldCrow it would be at NAMM. I have been known to do pc board layout on Christmas Eve for NAMM (and ordering 24-hour turn pc boards at $400 a pop). Trying NOT to do this.

d) Moog Audio in Canada will be a stocking distributor in about 2 weeks!

e) The Rev B E620 USB MIDI Thingy pc boards are being tested next week. Need to redo the way the LED display is driven to allow more brightness. So far, no issues with USB but more testing will be needed and I plan for 4 beta testers (join FB Group as that is where I will post updates).

I will have more FB updates than here, I will refrain from announcing years in advance (cough) and try to move more traffic to FB and keep Muffs for more music-related discussion and the occasional cat meme.
Kummer
In regards to the CS-80 filter... How close is it to the original?
Dcramer
Good to hear about Moog Audio w00t
paults
Quote:
In regards to the CS-80 filter... How close is it to the original?

As close as possible. Certainly, we are not using Yamaha's original custom ICs (Yamaha had their own fab at one point to support the DX-7).

But this is based on the Synthesis Tech MOTM-480, having sold 300 of them to rave reviews I feel that we did a good job.

And by we I mean the majority was OldCrow.
LoveBot
Looking forward to hearing some demos!
thumbs up
Panel art/ModularGrid-ready image?
paults
not yet.
tsunamisucks
It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time!
gonkulator
It's motherfucking bacon yo It's motherfucking bacon yo The Chewbacca Defense The Chewbacca Defense The Chewbacca Defense Eric Cartman
z3r01
Ermagawhd...that E480... Drunken Homer Simpson
Kentucky
applause thumbs up thumbs up we're not worthy
ezehagar
Dcramer wrote:
Good to hear about Moog Audio w00t

Fucking fantastic w00t Dead Banana Dead Banana
clusterchord
exciting news about the CS filter,,

if its going to be as sensational like E440, and i'm sure it will be, you have another winner on your hands w00t

PS does this mean e370/371 plans are postponed indefinitely ? your roster is full other modules and.. waah i love my e350, but need moarr wavetable goodness.. user wavetables.. with terrarium style morphing (translation: morphing done bloody right)
listentoaheartbeat
Bad news for us non-Facebookers here.

Always appreciated your posts and insights here! thumbs up
negativspace
listentoaheartbeat wrote:

This.
ether
negativspace wrote:

This.

And a big ditto to that.
sonicwarrior
And I thought I'm the only one left who is not using Facebook. hihi
paults
I can never judge the correct "social media" blend. I hear Tinder is great as well for this sort of thing.

a) the E480 will be awesome simply because everything I do is awesome. Just sayin'.

b) the E370/E371 was pushed out to mid 2015 because we wanted faster CPU speed to allow better FM across all 4 voices. The current CPU has an upper bound on the FM (the frequency doing the FM-ing) of around 4.5KHz which we decided was too low.

Also, it was a time tradeoff between spend all the R&D on it, or having the E102, E620 and E480 done first.

Trust me, it's coming out! The Morphing Cloud mode is worth it.
listentoaheartbeat
paults wrote:
b) the E370/E371 was pushed out to mid 2015 because we wanted faster CPU speed to allow better FM across all 4 voices. The current CPU has an upper bound on the FM (the frequency doing the FM-ing) of around 4.5KHz which we decided was too low.

Will it have linear FM (or the phase modulation from the e350)?
paults
With the E371, you will have added modulation types.
sempervirent
Yeah bring on the E480 (and E380)! Awesome filter and I'm sure the VCO will be awesome too.
Milkweg
Another ditto on FB concerns for news alhtough I'm sure stuff you post there will make its way to here in a timely fashion.

Looking forward to all of the things!
pwranml
ether wrote:
negativspace wrote:

This.

And a big ditto to that.

yeah i come here more than anything to hopefully see posts by manufacturers (synth-tech being one of my favorites). Keep posting here as much as you feel like it.
paults
Not to worry. Will post here as well, mostly for major updates and milestones.
dualmono
I'm interested in the specs/functionality of the USB thingy. For example, what sets it apart from the CVPal?
Thanks!
thumbs up
sempervirent
E620 thread:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122583&postdays=0&po storder=asc&start=0
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2