MWFX Judder

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord, sduck

mwfx
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mwfx » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:57 am

Yeah a VCA is definitely a good call.

I just want to reiterate things and hopefully reassure some people though. After that post on the other forum questioning the build quality the pedals were all taken off sale and marked out of stock and I've spent a long time improving that side of things. I'm absolutely not in the business of taking your money and disappearing and hurt by this. I have a chat widget on the site and active facebook page where I'm available all the time which is why I was confused about how this could have been said. It's just me doing everything, and keeping up with emails whilst fulfilling orders has meant that this order got overlooked. I'm very sad about all of this, the customer and I had been in touch a few months ago where I said the order shouldn't have been taken because of improvements for which he was happy to wait. I take full responsibility for overlooking it though. The Glitch came into stock about a month ago and he'll be receiving a personalised one, as well as a the Tape pedal he mentioned.

mwfx
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mwfx » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:46 pm

If anyone wants to talk about the pedals or make some arrangement that allows them to feel safe about ordering I'm available anytime on facebook or the chat link below. And as always, I'm happy to do returns and repairs and really enjoy making the effects for people.

https://app.purechat.com/w/MWFX

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:26 pm

Do you happen to do modifications as well by any chance?
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

mwfx
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mwfx » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:46 pm

I used to offer it but as it got busier I took off any mention of mods to concentrate on making just the set circuits. What's the mod?

GovernorSilver
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GovernorSilver » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:54 pm

mwfx wrote:I've just registered to the forum
Welcome to the forum! I doubt you will have a problem adding to your clientele from among the denizens here.

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:54 pm

I'm looking at the new EHX Pitch Fork pedal. This guy over here seems to have modded his to allow for a separate set of pitch settings (read the FB text for more info), but according to this forum he is nowhere to be trusted.

OK maybe posting that right after what got served on this thread for MWFX leaves a sour taste in the mouth but a) lots of people choired negatively about this1smyne on that forum and b) he didn't make an account on the forum to set the record straight.

Anyway, it's an interesting pedal and having the additional functionality would definitely be of interest to me. Might be an interesting, if not viable, mod to serve as MWFX.

By the way, you get extra points for letting me imagine that MWFX stands for Muff Wiggler Effects and I'm definitely giving you the benefit of the doubt. Welcome to a most welcoming forum.

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Im wondering if an over/under voltage protection diode could be put on the expression in?

twincities
Wiggling with Experience

Post by twincities » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:19 pm

hey y'all-

matt just reached out to me privately. after some email digging he figured out who i was (i swear i'm not crazy). if you read his posts above you'll notice the incredibly nice gesture he's offered to mend old wounds. if/when these pedals get to me i'll make sure you bunch are the first to know.

i'm hesitant to post any sort of defense, being as heck, i'm in the position of being offered two cool pedals for free, BUT, i would like to say things weren't left on a "good note" so much as no note at all. the last email i had received was a promise of shipping info later that day. that never happened.

but really, if matt follows through on this he's clear in my book and i'll be adding an addendum to my earlier post to let future readers know that things have been cleared up if that happens. i'll make sure to let everyone know exactly what happens, when it happens.

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:51 pm

Great stuff!

Please do Twin! And then do some vids!!! :tu:

mwfx
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mwfx » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:40 pm

GovernorSilver wrote:
Welcome to the forum! I doubt you will have a problem adding to your clientele from among the denizens here.

Well I want make good pedals and be liked mainly and not in it for the clientele, I'm still red faced about the post and annoyed at myself for what's happened. I was unaware that the email said it was being shipped that day, I need to have a look through the emails and find out what happened.

I don't know how the pitch fork can be modded like that, and I can't find the FB post, I guess he's used the expression input rather than hacked the code.

I searched this1smyne and came across some negative stuff. Judging by the instagram feed he looks pretty busy/popular, maybe he took too much on. The timescale is variable when devising a mod and then testing it to make sure it's gonna work in every circumstance, and then taking the risk of breaking the pedal or sending a pedal that isn't quite right. Designing the 10+ circuits over the past four years (amongst working other jobs) has been hard because it's almost new ground and stressful to go back to square one because of a hidden problem you never noticed. That's why they're mostly out of stock, I don't want to make a batch of circuits that all need a bit changing.

twincities
Wiggling with Experience

Post by twincities » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:47 pm

upon rereading you just said "later", not later that day, you're right. sorry for the misquote!

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:55 pm

mwfx wrote:I don't know how the pitch fork can be modded like that, and I can't find the FB post, I guess he's used the expression input rather than hacked the code.
He most definitely did not hack the code. It's a hardware mod. But if he did indeed mess up the expression functionality then it won't be much use to me, although I'm willing to bet there's a way to do it without fucking that up. The pedal can do both Up and Down voices at the same time and at different intervals, he just made them controlled via different switches (instead of one for both).

That was an Instagram post, my bad. In any case, I'm definitely getting the pedal for my setup and as far as I can tell I'm not going to trust an overseas pedal maker with a bad rep. So if you're feeling up to the task I wouldn't mind shipping it over for your to check; no pressure.

One other option is that I open it up and make a post about it on the DIY section of the forum. Since you logged in you might as well take advantage of the fact that this forum provides an extensive DIY database of knowledge. Lots of pedal manufacturers and Modular manufacturers around. Based on your pedal line I'm positive you'll find like-minded spirits around these parts. But beware, a lot of people started making eurorack modules after making an account here ... :hihi:

Also, there's no better way to be liked and get your products appreciated by being a member in an evergrowing community of sound addicts. Participating will definitely give you the best rep possible (at least in this part of the internet).
Last edited by Paranormal Patroler on Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GovernorSilver
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GovernorSilver » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:57 pm

mwfx wrote:
GovernorSilver wrote:

Well I want make good pedals and be liked mainly and not in it for the clientele, I'm still red faced about the post and annoyed at myself for what's happened.
No, what I meant was a positive scenario: you'd find potential customers here, outside of the world of guitar players. Synth enthusiasts will buy your stuff, give feedback, which would presumably lead to the development of products and/or mods to your cool stuff that make synth folks even happier. More happiness and profit for everyone!

mwfx
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mwfx » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:17 pm

I feel very bad about all of it so don't worry about saying anything, the webmails not great with sent messages and have had a nightmare with computers, houses, everything! It's me at fault anyway. I'll be true to my word and supply the two pedals free of charge, and find out what personalisations you might want, suggestions are welcome.

mwfx
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mwfx » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:21 pm

GovernorSilver wrote:
mwfx wrote:
GovernorSilver wrote:

Well I want make good pedals and be liked mainly and not in it for the clientele, I'm still red faced about the post and annoyed at myself for what's happened.
No, what I meant was a positive scenario: you'd find potential customers here, outside of the world of guitar players. Synth enthusiasts will buy your stuff, give feedback, which would presumably lead to the development of products and/or mods to your cool stuff that make synth folks even happier. More happiness and profit for everyone!
Yes sorry, I see what you mean. It's great to be welcomed to the forum and hope that we can work out some sort of Judder pedal that has all the things mentioned earlier in the thread, range, on/off, delay pedal functionality.

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:08 am

mwfx wrote:Yes sorry, I see what you mean. It's great to be welcomed to the forum and hope that we can work out some sort of Judder pedal that has all the things mentioned earlier in the thread, range, on/off, delay pedal functionality.
:eek: Is that an option for the Mini Judder?

polyslax
Veteran Wiggler

Post by polyslax » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:41 am

Had a nice chat with Matt last night, seems a very decent and sincere guy. Judder sounds awesome and I was very close to clicking buy, but thought I'd sleep on it.

Well, Judder shows out of stock this morning… you snooze, you lose I guess.

Good for Matt, though, hope he seels a bunch of pedals and forges ahead so maybe I can get in on the next bunch.
Image Image

mwfx
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mwfx » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:12 am

Paranormal Patroler wrote:
mwfx wrote:Yes sorry, I see what you mean. It's great to be welcomed to the forum and hope that we can work out some sort of Judder pedal that has all the things mentioned earlier in the thread, range, on/off, delay pedal functionality.
:eek: Is that an option for the Mini Judder?
It could be if I can get hold of a rectangular metal punch the right size for the slide switch. I might have to go ask the guys in the DIY part of forum about this. I'm not sure about the Pitch Fork as I'm a bit snowed under with work here at the moment and the Judder circuit (although totally awesome!) has a lot of circuitry and testing, getting everything to come together well can be annoying but I'm getting there. This was partly why I made the smaller version, it's way easier to build and test but I might be convinced into adding switches!

mwfx
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mwfx » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:18 am

Oh and Polyslax, I'll be putting on Judders next week and thanks for the nice comment, it's great to meet you.

mwfx
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mwfx » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:48 pm

Just wanted to show the Glitch pedal I made for Twincities that's currently on it's way to New York, next up is the Tape pedal...Picture file[/img]

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:56 pm

mwfx wrote:Image
:tu:

MB II
Common Wiggler

Post by MB II » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:04 pm

Fantastic looking pedals, love the design. Clouds is what now? :hihi:

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:25 am

I know I'll get killed for cross-posting but...

Bhluarghteddywoffwoffmeaow-aaarrrgh!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
[video][/video] :twisted:

indexofmetals
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by indexofmetals » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:17 am

Just ordered one after reading through this thread and watching a few youtube clips. Reminds me a bit of the teaspoon and sounds like my kind of weird.

unexpectedbowtie
Wiggling with Experience

Post by unexpectedbowtie » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:06 pm

The Judder is probably the pedal that was the gateway drug to my pedal/fx obsession. Here's a shameless plug for my demo on it:

[video][/video]

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”