MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MWFX Judder
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author MWFX Judder
GovernorSilver
Cool looking glitch pedal (but quite different than Hexe Revolver)

http://www.mwfx.co.uk/product/jdd

Video demo of apparently an older version of the pedal:
GNE
Judder sounds cool.
They also have a pedal called "glitch" that sounds wild.

Paranormal Patroler
Ooooh, Judder is very nice! But a bit bulky innit? I'd be all over the Mini Judder version if it had the Range and Lock switches.
mckenic
Pedals!
I like the sound of!
In stock!
This side of the world!

Whats not to like hihi

thumbs up
Paranormal Patroler
lol Good points. And the Mini Judder does looks sooo cute, but then again I think I have the larger version's functionality on your lovely Gieskes DEP2b. What intrigues me most is this post:

"Originally the effect was designed to be 10-200ms in 'short' mode, but with the Range switch the loop speed can be slowed right down until you are just hearing the basic clicks and bleeps that constitute the sound memory.".

I'd be very keen to get a demo of the basic clicks and bleeps, that's why I'd want a Mini Judder with a Range switch. That and the ability to reverse the On/Off functionality of the footswitch. Still at ~150 euro I think it's worth a shot.
twincities
BUYER BEWARE-

i ordered a glitch pedal from his first (?) run last winter/spring. it was listed as in stock and me and matt even talked via email a bit about the pedal/pedal market in general. as soon as he had my money i couldn't get a single answer via email. after maybe 5-6 unanswered emails, i filed a paypal dispute. this got me an immediate answer telling me there were development holdups (this pedal was listed as in stock when i ordered it, unlike other pedals of his) and that it'd be shipping next week. next week never came and after another email or two i had to follow up with paypal and get my money back that way.

i was looking forward to trying out this and his "tape" pedal, but i don't see myself giving him another chance. not a first hand account, but i've also read before of issues with the build quality of some of his older pedals, and those users having similar issues getting in contact with him for any kind of repairs. something to do with the wooden boxes i believe. regardless of what it was, it seems he has a history of disappearing once he has your money.

i'm normally not the type to go bad mouthing a company that i want to like, but i don't want to see any of you guys getting ripped off or given the run around.
Paranormal Patroler
Hey, thanks for letting us know. Seriously, I was really considering going through with a purchase but I'll look into it before I do. Thanks
mckenic
Thank you for posting & warning.. literally, I had it in my cart and was just about to press pay on Paypal (which woulda fucked me financially until December) and got an email notification of a reply to this thread... thumbs up

Hummm waah cry very frustrating
mckenic
Paranormal... we are such sluts! lol

But it shows the urgent need for something like this - in stock - reliable and over here!
twincities
of course! it's a real shame that i may never get to own one since so many of his designs are interesting. i'm really hoping he'll clean up his act and start selling through some known distributors.
GNE
Thanks for saving me, I was about to order two pedals this evening.
Glad I checked this thread first.
I have zero tolerance for that kind of business practice.
Too many other cool / weird pedals to buy from reputable dealers / manufactures.
Paranormal Patroler
Damn, I still think the Mini Judder would sound nice right after a piano module.
FuzzyFuture
twincities

Glad to have stumbled upon this post. I was thinking about ordering the Glitch too after seeing it was in stock. A bummer indeed/still want it. seriously, i just don't get it

Thanks for the heads up!
twincities
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Damn, I still think the Mini Judder would sound nice right after a piano module.

dd3 in hold mode does basically the exact same thing! (plus you get an entire delay pedal with it)

funny people always seem to look over this feature, but it really is the perfect little manual glitch/stutter pedal on a budget.

the MASF Raptio also has a mode that does this. it also has a second mode that is the same idea, but smoothed transients, so it basically becomes a freeze pedal. it has a touch more in the way of level controls and whatnot as well. the under lit knob also may make it the coolest looking pedal i own smile

if you need the features of the full sized judder, the hexe revolver seems to cover all that ground and more, though that one i don't have any hands on time with yet.
GovernorSilver
Bummer about your experience with MWFX.

BTW, here's what he had to say about the differences between the Hexe Revolver and Judder:
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showpost.php?p=18824768&postcount=32

As for me, looks like the thing to do is keep improving my glitchy skills on the Octatrack and monitor the Judder thread on the other forum to see if more peeps experience the same issues - no immediate purchase decision for me at this time.
GovernorSilver
Bummer about your experience with MWFX.

BTW, here's what he had to say about the differences between the Hexe Revolver and Judder:
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showpost.php?p=18824768&postcount=32

As for me, looks like the thing to do is keep improving my glitchy skills on the Octatrack and monitor the Judder thread on the other forum to see if more peeps experience the same issues - no immediate purchase decision for me at this time.
mwfx
I've just registered to the forum to reply to this, I have absolutely no idea who Twin Cities is but this is absolutely not true and I have many customers who can vouch for receiving their orders. The only Paypal dispute I have received this year is from a customer in Germany where TNT have attempted delivery 3 times (the tracking being marked as "not known at this address"), during this time I have been in touch with the customer and provided a refund in the meantime until it gets sorted. I'm really sad about this and would like to know who Twin Cities is.
Paranormal Patroler
mwfx wrote:
I've just registered to the forum to reply to this, I have absolutely no idea who Twin Cities is but this is absolutely not true and I have many customers who can vouch for receiving their orders. The only Paypal dispute I have received this year is from a customer in Germany where TNT have attempted delivery 3 times (the tracking being marked as "not known at this address"), during this time I have been in touch with the customer and provided a refund in the meantime until it gets sorted. I'm really sad about this and would like to know who Twin Cities is.

Registering here sure is a good move. thumbs up
mckenic
Hi mwfx,

Thank you for coming over here and posting. This makes me feel MUCH better and as you can see there are a few of us GAGGING to get our hands on your stuff thumbs up

Quick question on the big Judder - the expression in - that controls 'Rate' right? In all pedal modes? Can we control it from our modular - and if so what voltage range is the expression in please as some Eurorack can quite comfortably get from -10 to +10v...

Anyway, thank you again for explaining your side. Its great to see you over here. I have a feeling there will be a Glitch and Judder in my future at some stage. Hopefully you & TwinCities can work this out - thank you!
Paranormal Patroler
Hey Dave,

you do know you can patch any pedal that sports an expression Input via a VCA without being worried that it will fry your pedal, right?!?
mwfx
I've actually just worked out the problem and I now know who Twin Cities must be. The conversation was left on a good note and unfortunately the order has been overlooked as I've been very busy. They had ordered the very first one when the pedal was mistakenly put in stock in February and will be receiving a special personalised apology pedal free of charge this week.
Paranormal Patroler
eek!
mckenic
oops

I have a load of BiMix's (+/- 6v swing on the top pot) and a fair few LPG's... *ahem* but no VCA's Lol!

Its kinda a badge of honour given the prevailing wisdom around here hihi
thumbs up
mwfx
The expression in shouldn't get fried but it was designed to be used with an expression pedal and not a modular unit/cv. Saying that it'll respond to a voltage swing of 3v but I don't want to recommend doing that in case.
Paranormal Patroler
That means you need to buy a VCA Dave. Seriously now, no VCA's? razz It's the best thing in modular systems mate. Wish I could put VCA's on my MIDI setup ffs.

mwfx wrote:
The expression in shouldn't get fried but it was designed to be used with an expression pedal and not a modular unit/cv. Saying that it'll respond to a voltage swing of 3v but I don't want to recommend doing that in case.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3