MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mutable Instruments Module Tester - batch CLOSED!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author Mutable Instruments Module Tester - batch CLOSED!
indigoid
Update December 30, 2014

So I want one of these. Have decided to do a PCB run.

Note, a small batch. I simply don't have the time to administer a large (more than 10, really) batch and subsequent mailing. Want to be absolutely clear on this.

At quantity=10, the PCBs will be 10.60 AUD each. Ordered from Seeed.
At quantity=10, ATmega644P-20PU in DIP are 9.80 AUD each. Ordered from RS.

Postage 8.50 AUD worldwide.

So:

PCB + postage = 19.1 AUD
PCB + flashed ATmega644p + postage = 28.9 AUD

Paypal to indigoid at higherplane dot net

The case thing didn't work out, per posts later in this thread.

Takers:
- indigoid
- elmegil PAID MAILED
- DYLTHEPILL
- Raytracer PAID MAILED
- thelizard PAID MAILED
- DJBRUTAL PAID MAILED
- NV PAID MAILED
- Synthsense PAID MAILED
- mckenic PAID MAILED
- oldenjon PAID MAILED
lamouette/rck
they are avialable at Mi Website !
elmegil
Where exactly are they available there?

I'm game for a PCB if you do a run, btw.
kvitekp
elmegil wrote:
Where exactly are they available there?

http://shop.mutable-instruments.net/products/module-tester-pcb

Totally awesome tool!

Just one of its features speeds up VCO tuning process tremendously: it gives you a difference in cents for two subsequent frequencies it measures, so you immediately see if they are octave or two or more apart or not. Remember those tedious back and forths between VCO scale and high frequency compensation pots?

All other features are just as useful for any Synh DIYer.
kvitekp
[deleted double post]
elmegil
Thanks, I made the mistake of assuming that everything shown on the main page was everything.
adammokan
I'd recommend making a cheap case for it if you build one so you don't drop a patch cable across the pcb when powered up smile Was able to fix/replace some parts I fried, but it was a bummer at the time.
DMR
adammokan wrote:
I'd recommend making a cheap case for it if you build one so you don't drop a patch cable across the pcb when powered up smile Was able to fix/replace some parts I fried, but it was a bummer at the time.

The GitHub repository for the project has an EPS file for laser cutting a case out of 3mm acrylic: https://github.com/pichenettes/module_tester/tree/master/module_tester  /hardware_design/enclosure
indigoid
So two PCBs accounted for. That makes a run of 5 PCBs from Seeed worthwhile.

Any more takers? Realistically, I don't have the free time to administer a large PCB run/mailing, but a run of 5 or 10 I'm quite happy to do.

I can also laser-cut the acrylic bits to match (yay local hackerspace!), though it may be cheaper to get Seeed to do it. I will investigate that angle.
DYLTHEPILL
Id be up for one! I am in canada I hope that's ok
indigoid
DYLTHEPILL wrote:
Id be up for one! I am in canada I hope that's ok

That's fine! :-) Added
Raytracer
I'd be up for one pcb and a case if possible.
thelizard
Depending on USA shipping costs, I'd be down!
indigoid
Added.
Raytracer
Thanks Indigoid. smile
DJBRUTAL
1 pcb + case please.
indigoid
Updated. That bumps it up to qty=10, which is as far as I'm willing to go with it. The cost per PCB will be reduced accordingly - will update tonight.

I normally visit the local hackerspace on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I will go there tomorrow night and try to make an enclosure. This will give me an indication of how many acrylic sheets I'll need and thus the cost of the enclosure. Then I can compare that with SeeedStudio's laser cutting service.

Last time I ordered stuff from Seeed they did free shipping for orders over $75, so with the PCB order this might well be an economical option. OTOH if I do the lasercutting myself I'll know if it's come out right or not, without waiting 1-2 weeks.
NV
I'll join in if someone drops out or if you have room for another, for both a PCB and a case. If you're not up for extra PCBs I'd just take a case as well.
DJBRUTAL
indigoid any chance you could provide a programmed Atmega?
indigoid
Quote:
I'll join in if someone drops out or if you have room for another, for both a PCB and a case. If you're not up for extra PCBs I'd just take a case as well.

Yep, there's room.

Quote:
indigoid any chance you could provide a programmed Atmega?

Yes, I can do this if people don't have programmer hardware like AVR Dragon, AVR STK600, Bus Pirate, etc. But IMHO anyone working on microcontroller-based SDIY should be equipped to do their own if necessary.

I use a Bus Pirate for the job. Best $30 I ever spent on workbench tools.

ATmega644p in DIP is $13.53 from E14 in small quantity:

http://au.element14.com/atmel/atmega644p-20pu/mcu-8bit-atmega-20mhz-di p-40/dp/1455122?Ntt=atmega644p
Synthsense
Please, if room for one more, +case + Atmega

Thanks! Guinness ftw!
mckenic
And Id be in for a case, chip & PCB if available too!
oldenjon
One full set for me please
DJBRUTAL
Please add programmed Atmega to my order. screaming goo yo
indigoid
Synthsense, mckenic, oldenjon - noted. That makes 10 boards, so I'm closing it now.

I will order the PCBs and AVR chips tonight and start looking more seriously at the ATmega situation.

I will be ordering modules from MI as soon as Olivier has Yarns in his shop site again. Hope you do the same - he's an outstanding contributor to the SDIY community.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 1 of 9