MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[ORDER] Erica Synths eurorack PSU
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author [ORDER] Erica Synths eurorack PSU
Girts23
With more modules in development, I felt, I need several eurorack +-12V power supply units. Therefore I decided to come up with a cost-effective PSU kit! smile
Erica Synths 12V bipolar 1,5A PSU hardware kit is arranged to build slim, eurorack standard PSU, easy to install in any modular system. Hardware kit contains PCB and all unconventional parts that are expensive to source alone - heat sinks, spacers, lugs, fuse holder, etc. Full kit contains all parts needed to complete the PSU. Sorry, full kits for 220V only at the moment, but if interested, you can source power transformer yourself.
Price:
PCB and hardware kit - 25EUR
Full kit - 55EUR
Check Erica Synths SHOP if interested!

tekzon
hey!! thank you sir!
qfactor
What's international shipping like for a full kit? hmmm.....

Also, what's the dimensions for the PCB? Considering if I get it, perhaps I could also house it in one of those hobbyist plastic casings for safety sake seriously, i just don't get it
snaper
Wow, finally, I can start building my second 9U grin
What is inside the PCB + HW kit?
What kind of power connector are in the full kit and is the toroid transformer included?
snaper
Oh another question : Is there a plan or etch file or something like this for a distribution board?
latigid on
1.5 A is total load or per rail? Seems like the latter for those sized heatsinks.
Nantonos
Is 1.5A a measured, continuous value? Or a measured, peak value? Or is it just that the regulators are 1.5A parts?

I ask because those heatsinks look small and seem to be oriented so the fins would be at right angles to the airflow. The caps are also crammed between a hot heatsink and a warmish transformer (like on Doepfer PSU2).

Is there a ripple measurement at 80% load?
Girts23
1,5A is peak value, yes. It's not good idea to use it on the full load continuously. But otherwise parts are similar to those used in Doepfer PSU. I have built like 10 of these over last few years - this PSU works with 2x84HP case stuffed with typical eurorack modules without problem.

Parts of the hardware kit are shown on the picture.

PCB size is 87mmx180mm

Shipping EU - 5EUR, elsewhere in the world 8EUR.

Actually I have made a 14 connectors distribution board for myself, as well, if interested, I can make it available for some 10EUR.

NS4W
I see two trimmers, any high voltage calibration procedures we should know of? Switching or linear?
qfactor
Also, as mentioned by snaper, is the toroid (sp?) transformer, part of the full kit too? thumbs up
Thank you for answering all these questions! applause
Girts23
NS4W wrote:
I see two trimmers, any high voltage calibration procedures we should know of? Switching or linear?

No, trimmers adjust output voltage (range from ~16V to what you need)
qfactor
One more thing, since you mentioned about the distro board, how many sockets does it have? And what are the dimensions?
Girts23
qfactor wrote:
Also, as mentioned by snaper, is the toroid (sp?) transformer, part of the full kit too? thumbs up
Thank you for answering all these questions! applause

Yes, a transformer is included in the kit. But only 220V transformers are available at the moment. Sorrrryyyy smile
Girts23
qfactor wrote:
One more thing, since you mentioned about the distro board, how many sockets does it have? And what are the dimensions?

300x32mm, 14 sockets. But those will be available late next week.
qfactor
Girts23 wrote:
qfactor wrote:

300x32mm, 14 sockets. But those will be available late next week.

Thanks again! I'm interested in the full kit, but also want to get a distribution board, so I wait till next week to purchase both? hmmm.....
NS4W
Ok. I'll wait until everything is in the shop then smile
snaper
Is there a good replacement for the KBL04?
Can't find it in my locals list :(
roglok
Shouldn't AC mains be double fused? Live and neutral can be reversed with Type F mains plugs. Dead Banana
spotta
qfactor wrote:
Thanks again! I'm interested in the full kit, but also want to get a distribution board, so I wait till next week to purchase both? hmmm.....

+1. Nice!
Nantonos
Girts23 wrote:
1,5A is peak value, yes. It's not good idea to use it on the full load continuously. But otherwise parts are similar to those used in Doepfer PSU.

Thanks for the clarification about a peak value.

What sort of continuous load can it handle, and what is the ripple at 80% of that?
clive.grace
Superb. I assume 15U (5 x 3U) will suit ~2 x PSUs?

Bought

Good timing as I have just put vents and a 13A jack in my rack
spotta
Do the mounting holes on the PCB match Doepfer ones?
My case already has holes drilled for Doepfer PSUs
qfactor
Are the distros also ready for sale on your site already?
clive.grace
Mine arrived last week. A nice easy build and it replaced a blown out Makenoise Powered card (scrape off the components and its still a fine passive card). Added on MI Volts and voila, back in the game. Also powers a TipTop passive card.

Ericasynths Linear 12/-12V PSU by c-g., on Flickr

WRT Doepfer Spacings I think so, there have been few variants of the PSU in the past, my pic ought to be able to be viewable at 1:1 and you can compare mounting holes.
tekzon
Hi there!
can I order distro board already,
i don't see them in the shop?
Thanks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3