MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MMM "Gekiganger" without wings @ home
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Mattson Mini Modular  
Author MMM "Gekiganger" without wings @ home
redmartian

I own Production number one and before the MMM came to be, I bought a Syntar assembled from NOS parts and some NNS parts.

After working with Ichabod I came to appreciate the ability to run my multi-midi tracked renaissance lute pieces in real time. Previously I recorded them the W. Carlos way which is several recording passes on a multi-track recorder with each track synchronized to the over all recording.

This is basically one tier of Ichabod with my original cabinet (not shown) modified as externally powered 'wings'. Right now all of my original modules and a couple additional ones make up the tier. I have four midi interfaces and 3 basic voices. (VCO, wave mixer, filter, EG, VCA). There are also four LFOs and two S/T & H modules, a rhythmic gate generator (utility 1), envelope follower, noise generator, analogue glide and four buffered multiples.

Here is a video of the tier right after I set it up. The wing cabinets are not present, but I plan to use them to house the fabled MMM sequencer and handijob, err handycon.

I've not had my MMM for quite a while, so now that I have it back I'm hoping to make some more music.
mmm
Do the individual dudes of "Gekiganger" have their own names?

Mattson Mini Modular
redmartian
Yes, you are Professor Kokubunji .. the hot blooded pilots are Ken Tenku (Gekiga Jet), Joe Umitsubame (Gekiga Marine) and Akira Daichi (Gekigan Tank). However, one of these (Gekiga Marine) will have to be destroyed so that Gekiganger V can be built.
mmm
redmartian wrote:
Yes, you are Professor Kokubunji .. the hot blooded pilots are Ken Tenku (Gekiga Jet), Joe Umitsubame (Gekiga Marine) and Akira Daichi (Gekigan Tank). However, one of these (Gekiga Marine) will have to be destroyed so that Gekiganger V can be built.

Well, they are the Phoenix series hihi

So, your 4x is Tenku, mine is Umitsubame and Scotts is Daichi?

Mattson Mini Modular
SewerBadger
So many inside jokes, so little time!

BTW, Redmartian; if you were any more chilled out in front of your MMM 'n' SEM rig of death, you'd be like Jack Nicholson at the end of "The Shining".

Bananallama!
mmm
Kent wrote:
So many inside jokes, so little time!

BTW, Redmartian; if you were any more chilled out in front of your MMM 'n' SEM rig of death, you'd be like Jack Nicholson at the end of "The Shining".

Bananallama!

Not really jokes. I'm building two more 4X cabs. One for me and one for my brother. Don't know when we'll ever be able to get them filled. I don't have the cash to buy my own modules :( The point is that the three of us will be able to merge them at some of these presentations to make a huge system with slightly more capability than Ichabod.

Stephen came up with the Gekiganger thing. It's an old Japanese cartoon that pre-dates transformers where three guys had to get together to form this super-something.

So, I was trying to figure out the names for each of our cabinets smile

BTW, that's classic Stephen. After a flurry of patch cords and a few tweaks, he just chills and listens to it. smile
Makes sense to me.

Mattson Mini Modular
wetterberg
very nice!
That bass line reminds me of this wonderful Isan remix of a SeeFeel track from god knows when.
Scottzilla
mmm wrote:

So, your 4x is Tenku, mine is Umitsubame and Scotts is Daichi?

Mattson Mini Modular

Ooh, I get to be the tank one!
redmartian
Why does Scott have to Daichi? Are you trying to say he is the heavy one?
You're professor Kokubunji ..
mmm
I thought I'd be one of the three.

I have no concept of the program and how everything interrelates.
mmm
Scottzilla wrote:

Ooh, I get to be the tank one!

If you weren't, it would be a tankless job hihi

Mattson Mini Modular
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Mattson Mini Modular  
Page 1 of 1