MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MengQiMusic DPLPG
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author MengQiMusic DPLPG
HIMA
i'm sure i saw a post somewhere where someone asked where to buy Meng Modules, but search hates me. any ideas where would i find this module?
AAG
I remember something like that too. As I recall, the maker of those modules sells them through muffs, but I might be wrong.

Here's the hompage: http://mengqimusic.com/

EDIT: A passive vactrol attenuator has a maximum of two components, as far as I know. Is probably very easy to DIY.
basicbasic
If you don't have any luck, I bought a 1U passive vactrol VCA (LPG?) from this guy on Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/ElectroLobotomy?ref=l2-shop-info-name

He also has a 2HP version.
merfwergler
a 2hp dinky LPG. might be fun one of these days
thetwlo
yeah, it looks cool:
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/mengqimusic-dplpg

Just send him a message, user name is zilaihong
tsunamisucks
HIMA wrote:
i'm sure i saw a post somewhere where someone asked where to buy Meng Modules, but search hates me. any ideas where would i find this module?

it's here, zilaihong is the name of the guy: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122575&postdays=0&po storder=asc&start=60
exeterdown
I just emailed him direct and he posted it straight to me.
Payed through PayPal.

It's a neat little module. Low HP, good price.

Not as filtery as an Optomix but for the same HP you could fit one of these and a uVCA which I think make a good combo. The DPLPG is darker, slower and softer, the uVCA more quick, bright and sharp. They make a great pair.

The face plates are also nicer in person than they look online.
scottmoon
exeterdown wrote:
I just emailed him direct and he posted it straight to me.
Payed through PayPal.

It's a neat little module. Low HP, good price.

Not as filtery as an Optomix but for the same HP you could fit one of these and a uVCA which I think make a good combo. The DPLPG is darker, slower and softer, the uVCA more quick, bright and sharp. They make a great pair.

The face plates are also nicer in person than they look online.

I've been curious about these since Meng Qi first posted them. Is there any audio samples on how they sound? whistlin'
Kummer
Oh, I am interested in this as well... 很便堮Å“也很 ƒÂ¦Ã‚¼â€šÃ¤ÂºÂ® (我的à ƒÂ¤Ã‚¸Â­Ã¦â€“‡Ã ¤Ã‚¸ÂÃ¥Â¤ÂªÃ¥Â¥Â ½ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚¼Å’Ã¥Â¯Â¹Ã¤à ¸ÂÃ¨ÂµÂ·!)
jenz
I want one!!
kingspill
I contacted him through his Facebook account. Bought one directly from him and I really like it. He's friendly, very busy, and, if I'm not mistaken, currently working with Addac System modules.
jenz
Thanx!! I have sent him a message...
srsonido
How does this work? Vactrols are light driven components, they require power to illuminate...
??? seriously, i just don't get it
Kummer
Kummer wrote:
Oh, I am interested in this as well... 很便堮Å“也很 ƒÂ¦Ã‚¼â€šÃ¤ÂºÂ® (我的à ƒÂ¤Ã‚¸Â­Ã¦â€“‡Ã ¤Ã‚¸ÂÃ¥Â¤ÂªÃ¥Â¥Â ½ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚¼Å’Ã¥Â¯Â¹Ã¤à ¸ÂÃ¨ÂµÂ·!)

So that's why my question was never answered... I wrote in Chinese but it came out as gibberish.
gde
srsonido wrote:
How does this work? Vactrols are light driven components, they require power to illuminate...

The voltage from the CV lights the LED of the vactrol
srsonido
gde wrote:
srsonido wrote:

The voltage from the CV lights the LED of the vactrol

Hmmm, makes sense. I just never thought there would be enough energy in a CV spike to bias the diode but I guess there is. Interesting.
aaooaa
What would some basic uses for the DPLPG be?

I've got a MIDI to CV converter with two CV and two gate outputs with one CV currently used for pitch and the other for velocity. If I patch an oscillator, an envelope from Maths and one of the MIDI gates into the DPLPG I know I can trigger the oscillator with a key press. So how do I go about patching in velocity control? Can that be done with the Maths/DPLPG combo too or do I need another VCA? On that topic is a LPG and a VCA essentially the same thing? Any other cool tips for a LPG?
robbert
You shoukd be able to do this as the dplpg is double aka two chanels.

Patch pitch cv to osc pitch, gate to maths trig, maths out to chanel 1 dplpg signal in, midi/cv velocity to dplpg cv in, take the signal out of the dplpg chanel 1 to chanel 2 cv in, patch osc out to dplpg chanel 2 signal in, listen to dplpg chanel 2 signal out.
daybed33
Any sound samples of this thing, looks interesting!
robbert
Either on youtube or soundcloud there are a few. I cannot recimmend this thing enough, really great :tu:
Mort Rouge
AAG wrote:
EDIT: A passive vactrol attenuator has a maximum of two components, as far as I know. Is probably very easy to DIY.

Indeed! Would be interesting to do this with a NON-resistive optocoupler as well.
chvad
also interested in samples!
atte
Just ordered one w00t
whimsical
I can give a hearty endorsement for this little utility module. I've used it mostly as a pinged LPG and it's definitely more in the fast & dry category (vs. slow & filtered) but with a little extra character. If you attach a +5v offset into an INPUT, then you can trigger little pinged envelopes with a trigger into CV --- great for percussive modulations without requiring a whole envelope generator.

You can hear it used in the video for Three Sisters (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8IjFtznkp4) articulating the volume of the Centre & High inputs. In both cases it's being triggered by a monome module's trigger output, so it's being used to add a tiny bit of attack and decay for a more natural sound, but also to avoid the clicks caused by attaching a trigger directly to the Mangrove AIR input.
memes_33
i've been eyeballing them too. they sell them at analogue haven here in the states, but with shipping and taxes, it adds almost $20 to the $60 price. hard markup for me to swallow...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4