MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What noise is to you...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author What noise is to you...
acidphakist
Nelson Baboon wrote:
THis asshole just got back from a thread about sequencers, dissing anyone who might want to do interesting sequencing as 'experimental noodling'. Of course that's a term that can be a badge of honor, but it horrifies him.

He just wants to make acid. He doesn't want to be a "hipster" which the people using Serge or Buchla are.

Now he's trolling here.

acidphakist wrote:
This thread makes me wonder if I'm in the wrong Internet.

Do "noise" fans have tinnitus and cling to this "noise" because it helps alleviate that awful ringing?

Noise is something I try SO hard to remove by using decent cables, minding my cable runs, keeping my cell out of the studio etc...

This guy has an attitude problem and doesn't like being reminded of it.
xart
acidphakist wrote:
If you know of anyone making music with modular synthesis in the Chicago area I'd love to make their acquaintance.

Absolutly.

What are you doing Saturday night? Florian Hecker will be playing Graham Foundation and I have a few tickets but no date...would you like to go with me?
I'll even buy you dinner...PM me if your interested. (if you have a wife or GF (or BF?) bring s/he too I have plenty of invites..

You will be into it...he will be doing one of his 'acid' sets.... thumbs up
acidphakist
PM sent, this sounds fun. If this is simply a set up so Nelson Babbon can shank me, shame on you...
Nelson Baboon
For the record - this asshole is harassing me with pm's.

He posted on another thread asking to be friends, and I thought we had this resolved, and now he's evoking posts that had already been made.

Stupid asshole newbie fuck.

acidphakist wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:
THis asshole just got back from a thread about sequencers, dissing anyone who might want to do interesting sequencing as 'experimental noodling'. Of course that's a term that can be a badge of honor, but it horrifies him.

He just wants to make acid. He doesn't want to be a "hipster" which the people using Serge or Buchla are.

Now he's trolling here.

acidphakist wrote:

Do "noise" fans have tinnitus and cling to this "noise" because it helps alleviate that awful ringing?

Noise is something I try SO hard to remove by using decent cables, minding my cable runs, keeping my cell out of the studio etc...

acidphakist
Nelson Baboon wrote:

He posted on another thread asking to be friends, and I thought we had this resolved, and now he's evoking posts that had already been made.

acidphakist wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:

Now he's trolling here.

acidphakist wrote:

For the record, I've PM'd this poor man just once and told him to chillax and enjoy the internet.

And now he's turning this into a soap opera.

Everyone, GET YOUR POPCORN THIS IS GONNA BE GOOD.
xart
acidphakist wrote:
PM sent, this sounds fun. If this is simply a set up so Nelson Babbon can shank me, shame on you...

righton...

Nelson? naw he is great (this is nothing! just be lucky you were not around the MAX list in 98! that is where the real action was)

...the ONLY Chicago wiggler this cowboy would not go into the octagon with is ChuckEJesus he would hurt me.
Nelson Baboon
I got 2 pm's - the second after I told you to stop. They were not exactly friendly.

Beware.

acidphakist wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:

acidphakist wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:

Now he's trolling here.

acidphakist wrote:

For the record, I've PM'd this poor man just once and told him to chillax and enjoy the internet.

And now he's turning this into a soap opera.

Everyone, GET YOUR POPCORN THIS IS GONNA BE GOOD.
Nelson Baboon
Fucking Lord Jesus - You remember that? That was great fun wasn't it? Long live Antiorp/Integer/(others).

xart wrote:
acidphakist wrote:

righton...

Nelson? naw he is great (this is nothing! just be lucky you were not around the MAX list in 98! that is where the real action was)

...the ONLY Chicago wiggler this cowboy would not go into the octagon with is ChuckEJesus he would hurt me.
Nelson Baboon
xart wrote:

I would hurt you with my mind, as I can cause your eyes to turn inside out with the pure power of thought. But I am not from Chicago.
acidphakist
Well that's true. After you complained that you would complain I dared you to complain. Lol

Can you please take back the mean things you've said about me? I'm going to probably hang with a few Chicago wigglers and you may have given them the wrong impression of me.
Demi Jon
can you guys all just take this outside please? you're making far too much noise.
acidphakist
Demi Jon wrote:
can you guys all just take this outside please? you're making far too much noise.

Well played
Nelson Baboon
oh, I think I'm going to go and make me some phat beats.

"Will you be my friend, Nelson Baboon"
acidphakist
acidphakist
Nelson Baboon wrote:
oh, I think I'm going to go and make me some phat beats.

"Will you be my friend, Nelson Baboon"
acidphakist

Is programming and processing one's rhythm tracks considered a BAD thing in this circle?
suboptimal
What the new folks don't understand is that Nelson Baboon is 70 feet tall, covered with razor wire fur, and shoots rabid assault dolphins from orifices in his extra dozen arms. I know because I've bought modules from him in person, and was forced to kneel before him by his army of radioactive mutant half baboon, half gorilla, half alligator commandos. Beware, indeed.
acidphakist
Neat.
Nelson Baboon
suboptimal wrote:
What the new folks don't understand is that Nelson Baboon is 70 feet tall, covered with razor wire fur, and shoots rabid assault dolphins from orifices in his extra dozen arms. I know because I've bought modules from him in person, and was forced to kneel before him by his army of radioactive mutant half baboon, half gorilla, half alligator commandos. Beware, indeed.

meow
Diamat
theantiroman wrote:
@ Pannikel

Saw Mattin deliver a discourse on this at No Fun Fest a few years back. Raw computer noise then a strange berating of the audience for actaully sitting through hours of noise sets. Best performance I've seen in a while insofar as it was very alienating but for a completely different reason than volume.

The Noise/capitol book is good but it's a little dense/dry too.

we in taumaturgia are finishing the edition (in collab with cac bregtiny) the complete edition of mattin´s essays
D/A A/D
If this thread does not get under control I will have to lock it, seriously.
onrust nv
Onrust nv has 8 noise projects:
Maximaal K-baal: harsh noise
DKM: ambiënt noise
Werpkotsvirus: softnoise
Rectum oscillatie: sub bass noise
Onrustindustrie: rhytm&noise (one of our live acts)
Onkunde: acoustic sample noise
Goedkope rotzak collectief: ultra low-fi stupid noise recorded in a toilet
and one nameless project, but that one isn't finished yet.
The counter is now at 27 projects
doctoranalog
CJ Miller
To me, "noise" as a style of music is about found materials, sonic scrap, and no (or subverted) tonalty. Re: phat beatz, percussion and sequences definitely come off as noise if the timbre is raw enough, or the patterns are sufficiently difficult. Some of the more freakish breakcore I like I would say crosses over into noise. Making beats from location recordings also.

The point is liberation from restrictive rules and consumerism. Street-level punk fluxus improvisation with audio is noise. Not using instruments can be noise. Not knowing or using music theory can be noise.

When I was a kid (1980s), everybody I knew referred to this as "industrial music", which somehow confusingly became the name of a genre of silly club music. In the 90s many referred to any difficult-to-pidgeonhole music as "experimental" which i have always hated because the listener typically has no way to know if the music is actually an experiment at all.

IMO musical genres are only of any use to marketers and music store owners who need to label bins for consumers, or insecure people who are trying to re-enforce which subculture they want to identify with. I typically don't bother with stylistic categories because music to me is an artistic process, rather than a commodified product.
Sharktootth
Here we are...five years later...

Noise to me, is the soundtrack of obsession. Not just obsession but at least when I listen to THE RITA, that is what I feel. Early PRURIENT gives me that feeling too. Where as BASTARD NOISE and WOLF EYES stuff is more dread.

YELLOW TEARS is more the 'fun' side of insanity. If ATRAX MORGUE is the dark and horrible side of obsessiveness and insanity (killing people, molesting them etc.). YELLOW TEARS is more the crazy otaku weeb or grown man thinking he is a Disney Princess. It's funny in a sad way.

If you guys like synths and noise I highly recommend material off the STRANGE RULES catalogue. It is noisey but also layered in melodic synths.
Thymallinae
Noise is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Noise is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD.
Swann
Just reading Aldous Huxleys 'Doors of Perception' and I'm finding some tie ins about how I loosely define 'Noise Music'.

One of his ideas is that man has adapted to basically filter out the enormous amounts of noise coming from the universe and environment in order to survive. Essentially we have been conditioned to focus on particular frequencies(light, sound etc.) so that we can create useful symbols, including language.

The cool thing about noise is it's basically a bypass of our normalizing functions., If we allow it to carry us we can experience things outside our normal symbolic make up. Kind of like a shamanic trip.

I wonder how Huxley would have reacted to these sounds, probably would've blown a gasket... SlayerBadger!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 5 of 6