MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Kilpatrick synth! The Phenol...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next [all]
Author New Kilpatrick synth! The Phenol...
drip.feed
He's gonna crowd-fund its development in December. nanners

http://www.kilpatrickaudio.com/?p=phenol
catchpenny
that looks awesome! gearlust!
deltaphoenix
Looks great and sounds great too!

I will be interested to see what the crowd funded price will be.
de_raaf
looks pretty awesome
must say i quite like the nature of those 2 demos
hamildad
colour me interested, till I get the price.

but kickstarted at a discount does appeal.

I think the kilpatrick stuff is good quality, so no worries about it being a bit 'rhythm wolf'
jc
Demos sound great! love Spring 2015 is perfect for me to consider this as I'm already maxed out on stuff for rest of this year. Would depend on price, but probably on my wishlist. w00t
Reese P. Dubin
Always glad to see new bananas. I cant help but seeing that overhanging faceplate lip being the ARP Quadra/Odysseymk3 broken teeth of the future however.
cger
That does looks quite interesting.
andriesvds
gas never stops... Guinness ftw!
scozbor
need more demos!
deltaphoenix
I'll repeat my comment from the thread that was closed about this in the General Gear section:

It needs a Duophonic Ribbon Controller!
MrVinegar
I'm excited about this. The demos sound great. i hope that I can justify the price.
RustyO
deltaphoenix wrote:
I'll repeat my comment from the thread that was closed about this in the General Gear section:

Needs Pattern Generator!
Morley
Will certainly keep an eye on this
deltaphoenix
RustyO wrote:
deltaphoenix wrote:

Needs Pattern Generator!

Okay, both then.
Pattern Geberatordoesmake sense considering though.
borgbeliever
wave shaping hopefully
winterhater
looks sweet, probably out of my price range though
sempervirent
Nice, I was just checking out his site the other day and emailed him a few questions, this must have just shown up in the past day or two. Very interested.
sascha.victoria
This thing looks great. I wish it had some sort of KS sequencer to make it more of a self contained unit.
Zvark
I know this is beyond what I can afford, but I wonder what the "discount" for funders is going to be when the site launches.
Jason Brock
From the other (locked) thread:
borgbeliever wrote:
Really nice. I hope it's fully modular and is not semi-modular.

I don't understand, semi-modular is always better to me.

Fully Modular means patch points have no connections to each other behind the panel.
Semi-Modular means patch points are half-normaled behind the panel, and their "default" connections are broken as soon as you plug a cable in.

So, being semi-modular does not remove any functionality, all of the same things can be done with patch cables. It just means you can also use it without cables too, or with a minimal amount of cables.
SamUK
Semi-modular comes in many guises, things like the MS-20 are semi-modular, but it doesn't provide access to everything via a patch point. Unlike a Cwejman S1mkII which is also semi-modular and includes almost everything via patch points.

I suspect borgbeliever is requesting that everything is made accessible via patch points, and is not commenting on normalisation*

* is normalisation even possible with bananas? I always though that was the one advantage the jack formats had.
plogbidman
Waiting for the price, but... wow !!! thumbs up
pugix
The format is interesting, but do we really need another physical format? The electrical standards are common. Power distribution is completely novel. At least it's compatible with other banana systems.

http://www.kilpatrickaudio.com/manuals/kformat/spec/kilpatrick_format- spec-1.0.pdf
dan_k
New video demo up now!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next [all]
Page 1 of 36