MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Verbos users? wheres the amazing examples?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Verbos users? wheres the amazing examples?
echoplex
Referring to the "Furthrrrr Generator users? wheres the amazing examples?"-thread I am asking all you Verbos user to post your amazing sound demos.

But please don't post samples where you only used one verbos module in a large patch...
I am interested in self-contained verbos and self-contained system examples..
adolfgottmann
+1
confusional
A good friend has a pure Verbos system. And it's really wonderful, but there's no way I'm going to ask her for some 'amazing examples'. Fuck that shit. No one owes you anything. Go make your own damn music.
stickmann
Yeah I could post some demos but they suck and include the use of non-Verbos modules.
Elguapo505
confusional wrote:
No one owes you anything. Go make your own damn music.

Hmmm... Not very nice...
pinhole_sunrise
Yes, this would be helpful. Not everyone has 3 grand to drop just to test out all the modules.
winterhater
id love to hear some examples too, ive mostly seen videos where they are talking about the modules like the sonicstate one.
ziggomatic
I'll work on getting some examples posted here in the next few days. Been having loads of fun with my composition system since it arrived last week, so much fun that i've been having trouble reminding myself to actually record things!!!
echoplex
ziggomatic wrote:
I'll work on getting some examples posted here in the next few days. Been having loads of fun with my composition system since it arrived last week, so much fun that i've been having trouble reminding myself to actually record things!!!

thank you ! very looking forward to some of your work thumbs up
Convulser
hurray @ ziggomatic!
HowMuchYaBench
confusional wrote:
A good friend has a pure Verbos system. And it's really wonderful, but there's no way I'm going to ask her for some 'amazing examples'. Fuck that shit. No one owes you anything. Go make your own damn music.

Isn't making really amazing recorded music with something kind of the same thing as making some "amazing examples"? It's not like anyone's going to steal her soul or something.
stickmann
First I grabbed some highlights from a Verbos Composition only recording:

[s]https://soundcloud.com/stickmann/snippets[/s]

I highly recommend an Envelope Generator of some sort with the Composition System. It frees up the Voltage Multistage for more interesting duties.

Then I have a few more on my Soundcloud page that use all 5 Verbos modules in the Composition system plus Envelopes and Echophon / ErbeVerb + Phonogene.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/stickmann/power[/s]
Convulser
Those sound great stickman! Thanks for the examples. hyper
echoplex
hella dope exaples so far nanners SlayerBadger!
clusterchord
stickmann wrote:
Then I have a few more on my Soundcloud page that use all 5 Verbos modules in the Composition system plus Envelopes and Echophon / ErbeVerb + Phonogene.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/stickmann/power[/s]

great tracks thumbs up

especially love the vibe on Flying Dutchman and Power - was only erbeverb used for spatialisation... for the main sequence, and for those vast background washes , choirs etc ?
stickmann
Thanks, I have the Erbeverb connected to my Dubmix via the Aux Return / Send and control the Aux amount and Decay/Tilt/Size manually during those recordings. Each channel can have more or less reverb this way. For Power, the washes are mostly ErbeVerb with increased decay and send amount on the main sequence. The Echophon is in the chain too and you can hear it clearly on the buildups when I use the Freeze function. No other effects were used.

Dutchman is all Erbeverb, the Echophon's feedback out is going into the Dual Four Pole filter so it isn't a large part of the sound.
clusterchord
fantastic, thanks for the detailed info Mr. Green

looks like i might have to get erbeverb to pair with my echophon. the way it glues together with the source signal is stunning. i noticed this on some other demos too.
Asym9
Great work on the samples, stickmann. Loved the washes and effects work as well.
J3RK
HowMuchYaBench wrote:
It's not like anyone's going to steal her soul or something.

Actually... I was kinda planning to once I heard it. twisted
flashheart
HowMuchYaBench wrote:
It's not like anyone's going to steal her soul or something.

Actually given she's got a Verbos system she's probably already sold it anyway smile
hottlipps
Here's a few examples from an experimental session where I was trying to get to know the modules.

Sequence from Verbos Multi Stage, sound from Verbos Complex Oscillator running through a Verbos Amplitude and Tone Controller.
[s]https://soundcloud.com/hottlipps/sonique-solod-excerpt[/s]

Sequence from Verbos Multi Stage, sound from Verbos Complex Oscillator running through a Verbos Amplitude and Tone Controller, bassline thing from Verbos Harmonic Oscillator, floating abstract high thing from a Hexinverter Mutant Bass Drum run through another Verbos Ampltude and Tone Controller using resonance and overly high input level at the low pass gate stage to create a high pitched feedback sound, that sound further shaped with the Verbos Four Pole filter, and that sound run into a Make Noise Echophon being randomly modulated by a Solid State Fate Ultra Random Analog, all sounds sent into an Intellijel Dubmix and mixed there, sent out for recording through a Vermona Tai-4. Master clock from a 4MS Clock Divider.
[s]https://soundcloud.com/hottlipps/3-sonique-excerpt[/s]
analoglsd
Wow, these tracks have definitely answered the question posed.
applause
Really impressed with what's come so far, but surprised that there hasn't been any harmonic osc yet.
stickmann
I wanted to try and make the Harmonic Oscillator sound as massive as possible. I got a little distracted and ended up with this.

Some patch info:

I have the lowest individual Harmonic Oscillator(HO) Out (1) into the Amp & Tone controller with the Input Gain at 10 o'clock. It gives a meaty bottom end.. I don't have a subwoofer so it might be a bit much, be careful. I take the individual HO outs 7 & 8 and put them on their into their own uVCA channels then they go into the Dubmix. The uVCA channels are opened by Maths env outs that are triggered via Rotating Clock Divider. The main output of the Harmonic Osc goes into the X input on uMod II and a Square wave from the Richter Osc goes into the Y input for ring modulation. The uMod Ring out goes to the Dual Four Pole that is being modulated by the Voltage Multistage. A cycling output from the Quadra modulates the FM input on the Harmonic Osc ever so slightly at audio rate. The Complex Osc 1 modulates HO Center and Osc 2 modulates HO Spectal Tilt. I added some ErbeVerb that is laid on pretty thick in the middle of the track. The verb is turned down almost completely at the end of the track.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/stickmann/fields[/s]
vytis
Here's a recording featuring Verbos Complex Oscillator as the only sound source. FMed by itself. I have used Pittsburgh LPG to tame the harshness a little bit and Doepfer A-199 to add some space, otherwise this is the sound of Verbos. A very simple patch. It is mono, I know - but I intentionally avoided adding any digital reverb.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/180168116" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
winterhater
thanks stickmann, i like power
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5