MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Simple bass drum with the Quadrature Sine oscillator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Simple bass drum with the Quadrature Sine oscillator
batchas
Showing how the Quadrature osc sounds without using adsr, vca and so on.
Nothing fancy. I just thought I'd share with you.

TAKE CARE IF YOU'RE ON HEADPHONES, THERE'S A LOUD HIGH PITCH TONE @0:20 WHEN I SWITCH FROM LINEAR TO EXP FM. AFTER IT'S ALL GOOD AGAIN...

Here is a quick and simple patch example***:

***A couple of weeks ago I finished to clean & refurbish my old minimoog and plugged it again here. It still needs knobs alu though and one day or another I'll have service it myself too if I decide to use it again!
shady smiles
Sounds great. Amazing how far a simple idea can take you. thumbs up
phisynth
great tip thumbs up

now send this BD through a DD3 distortion if you have one love
Gringo Starr
Nice jam at the end! I bet the combo of a looming winter and Switzerland make for some good patching atmosphere. smile
fredguy
Well done applause

That mini moog sounds great too. Nice clean and refurb.
batchas
Thanx a lot for all the kind comments thumbs up
Tajnost
How do you connect BB to Mini? I guess it must be some kind of banana > 1/4 jack adapter?

Nice sounding BD with Quadrature! I've just tried that by myself and came to the idea that it's also reasonable to modulate filter's CV with another quadrature output for distortion like BD sound...
batchas
Tajnost wrote:
How do you connect BB to Mini? I guess it must be some kind of banana > 1/4 jack adapter?

I made a few cables earlier (for the serge) and now I built a small utility box with more banana > 1/4 jacks.
Most important is to ground all synths/systems together, so with the box it's easier. I dedicated 1 banana in the back for grounding.

Nice sounding BD with Quadrature! I've just tried that by myself and came to the idea that it's also reasonable to modulate filter's CV with another quadrature output for distortion like BD sound...[/quote]
I used PRC2 VCA/Drive in my video to distort the BD, but of course modulated filter is also cool. The quad sine module with its four sine waves 90 degrees apart in phase is indeed quite cool for modulation!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1