MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

12HP... Hmmm?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author 12HP... Hmmm?
D/A A/D
I need to fill 12hp of euro realestate... I really don't need any more sound/cv sources, and I rather add some additive synthesis mods rather than subtractive. I was thinking about the Plan B tipple event timer, does anyone have any experience with it?

Alex
MrDys
I don't, but there's a pretty active thread over at modularsynth.net regarding it: http://modularsynth.net/viewtopic.php?t=1594
sgnhh
I'm liking those M17 demos, but I'm not sure if it's worth getting for me since I already have a gate generator in the M28 Tap Clock. Curious to see how they could complement each other.
sgnhh
What's the rest of your setup going to look like? The Harvestman Zorlon Cannon with the different pitched noises would be good, and if you've got a polarizing mixer the pseudorandom gates could make interesting CV.

The Cyndustries Sawtooth Animator would also probably be a good purchase, as would any wave multiplier (Doepfer A-137-2 sounds awesome).
D/A A/D
sgnhh wrote:
What's the rest of your setup going to look like? The Harvestman Zorlon Cannon with the different pitched noises would be good, and if you've got a polarizing mixer the pseudorandom gates could make interesting CV.

The Cyndustries Sawtooth Animator would also probably be a good purchase, as would any wave multiplier (Doepfer A-137-2 sounds awesome).

Hmmm... I already have a M25, and I have a wave folder on the way... As for the Zorlon, I am trying to keep this suitcase all analog...

With the Wave Splicer, I think the saw animator may be bust for me - but we'll see when I get it.

I'll post a pic of the setup tonight.

Alex
felix
I'd fill it with a Plan B ASR (4HP) and either two other ELFs, or some 8HP module that takes your fancy.

Either that, or a M13 DTG, but I think you have one of those already.
D/A A/D
felix wrote:
I'd fill it with a Plan B ASR (4HP) and either two other ELFs, or some 8HP module that takes your fancy.

Either that, or a M13 DTG, but I think you have one of those already.

Yeah... 3 LPG's would be a bit much... I need to curb my spending, so 1 mod would be ace... I really want to see what the M17 can do... MY ASS IS BLEEDING
D/A A/D
criticalmonkey
i'm still super happy with the doepfer wave multiplier - adding that to the quaf lfo is a massive brutality waiting to happen

btw - just got the model 25 myself - fun stuff
felix
I'm still gonna stand by my ASR recommendation. In fact, it reminded me to email noisebug about ordering one. I've been waiting for that one for a long time.
flts
Oh crap, for some reason I didn't even bother to notice the ASR when I was doing my ELF preorder. That thing looks sick, now I know where my extra 4HP is going to go to... very frustrating
spbaker
what about a Plan B model 9? you have no mixer in there? opps its 14hp..
flts
spbaker, the little Analogue Solutions MX (4HP one in the top right corner) is a 6 in 2 out unity gain mixer... so if you can attenuate input levels elsewhere, that should be OK. also, the dual timbral gate can function as 2 to 1 mixer i think.
spbaker
how is the AS MX different to a multiple -please explain the "unity gain thingy" for me confused

because of having so many potential sound sources i can see where there may be the option of having a few individual sound patches (polyphony?) running around and to have a proper mixer with attenuators, even a model55 the passive attenuator, could be useful, to keep levels down, to bring in and out individual sounds etc freeing up the M13 for its "other" uses...
flts
spbaker wrote:
how is the AS MX different to a multiple -please explain the "unity gain thingy" for me confused

Well, it's basically a mixer module without the input and output level pots. It's active so the signals are buffered. The 6 inputs are really inputs and the 2 outputs are outputs. So you can't use it to, say, split a single signal to six like you could with a multiple. It just mixes the inputs together and outputs a sum of those (and an inverted version of it).

Unity gain means that the levels don't change and can't be changed along the way. The 6 input signals are summed together and the sum is output - no level loss nor a possibility to attenuate the inputs. Of course, if the summed signal level is so high that the mixer circuit can't handle them, it'll clip.

And yeah, I agree some more attenuators might not hurt. There's the ELF Leveler (2x attenuators) next to the MX though, so that might or might not be enough.
sgnhh
I think the M17 would be a wasted purchase for you. What would you use it for? You've got one ADSR in your setup and nothing else has a trigger input.
spbaker
thanks fits you rock!! SlayerBadger!

i meant the model 29 i dunno where i got 55 from eek!

edit i got 55 because its $55 LOL
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Plan-B-Model-29-Dynamic-Mult-Eurorack_W0QQitemZ 290247737088QQihZ019QQcategoryZ38071QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewI tem
futuresoundsystems
FSS DC1 Mr. Green
D/A A/D
sgnhh wrote:
I think the M17 would be a wasted purchase for you. What would you use it for? You've got one ADSR in your setup and nothing else has a trigger input.

See I was hoping that I could misuse it in some way, but your right. I do however have outboard gear with trigger in's... But again, thanks for bringing myself to my senses.
felix
D/A A/D wrote:
sgnhh wrote:

See I was hoping that I could misuse it in some way, but your right. I do however have outboard gear with trigger in's... But again, thanks for bringing myself to my senses.

I was thinking the same thing. Best case is you could use it to hit the LPG with. I know the M13 responds very nicely to gates and triggers instead of actual EGs. I do it all the time. Vactrols FTW.

This thread got me reading about the M17 again...what I'm not sure of wether or not it sends a trigger when a comparator threshold is met, or if it sends out a gate which is the duration of which the comparator threshold is met. I'm guessing it's the later. (however, it does say that the A+B+C sum outs due send out triggers only when a comparator threshold is met)
consumed
you need some vcas for manipulating CV. pick up the new dual lin/exp vca when AH gets them in.
D/A A/D
consumed wrote:
you need some vcas for manipulating CV. pick up the new dual lin/exp vca when AH gets them in.

See, you guys help me clear my head... Some linear vcs's is just what the doctor ordered. A-321 is the winner, as is the A-138 b...

Here is the deal, for the next week or so:

We'll see.
felix
Yay! VCA!

Unrelated, but just talked to Chuck @ noisebug, and looks like I'm getting the first M23 ASR to come of the line! grin

If it somehow arrives before sunday, I'll have a video up for sunday! w00t
sgnhh
I'll let you know how the M17 is... I just got that and a Doepfer Voltage Inverter from someone the Dopefer list for $185 shipped. hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper
D/A A/D
sgnhh wrote:
I'll let you know how the M17 is... I just got that and a Doepfer Voltage Inverter from someone the Dopefer list for $185 shipped. hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper

Good score! Wait... How did I miss that?..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2