MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

USAMO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next [all]
Author USAMO
nomadjames
I am getting audio out through the channel on ableton, and getting physical audio out of channel three. The plug in is not receiving anything.
os
Is the Activity LED flashing on the USAMO?
nomadjames
Yes sir, after I swappped out TS for TRS cables I get strong activity light. No clipping.
os
OK don't worry too much about the clipping LED. If the activity LED is coming on, that indicates that it's at least getting a signal.
nomadjames
Definitely getting a signal. Still same situation on the Plugin, no activity in coming.
os
And the activity LED is flashing in time with the messages leaving the plug-in?

I'd be surprised if the MIDI interface wasn't receiving something. Have you tried sending MIDI to the plug-in from something else e.g. a keyboard that you know works?
nomadjames
I will try some other devices tonight. The only thing i had sending was the Keystep, because i was having insane midi issues trying to use the MIDI from the Focusrite. I can try the Maschine, and the TR-8 later after work.
nomadjames
Yeah, it seems to be in time.
nomadjames
What input/output MIDI settings need to active in Ableton for the test?
os
None. The USAMO test completely bypasses the DAW's MIDI system.
nomadjames
OK, so I can try it using the TR-8 MIDI in and out, instead of the Arturia Keystep in and out, I don't have to worry to worry about changing any of the MIDI input/output options in the Preferences for Ableton Live? I'll try to give it a go at some point and report back.
nomadjames
Hey! it's working again.

Just for the sake of clarity, can you tell me the purpose of the TEST and how it does it, I know it's to establish communication with the box, but with the small amount of documentation regarding to options in the the plug in, I'm curious as to how it works.
os
It's just sending out MIDI messages and making sure it gets the same ones back in.
nomadjames
Os,

Tried it on the Saffire MIDI with a brand new TRS cable, and it worked, but everything is coming in red. I adjusted the trim but could not get it to turn green

I am getting a rhythmic pulse on the Activity LED, Trim is set to Noon.

nomadjames
When I switch it to just clock i can adjust it to where some is green, but cannot get rid of all of the red ones.
os
In Live's prefs, turn everything off for "usamo 1".

Is the Saffire also the output audio interface?
nomadjames
Yes, on channel 3 of the Saffire.
os
The Pro40 does work - I have one here.

What do your MixControl settings look like?
nomadjames
This is a game changer Os. Thank you man!!! I got it to work, obviously!!!
os
w00t
nomadjames
Word of advice for everyone: don’t forget to turn off test mode, lol. You’ll save an hour.
rubentribune
Hello everyone excuse my bad English, I am using Google translator, I am Spanish and I greet you. I wanted to ask you why I want to acquire Usamo, but first I need to know if it complies with what I want, why I am giving blind sticks. I want it to use with electronic music. I like to do my live with Pioneer XDJ 1000 always with Sync Off, I have more fun. I recently started learning how to produce and acquired Ableton live 9 + Push 2. Since I have this equipment I want to include it in my live shows but I have tried Sync Off since Ableton and it is exhausting, I am more time squared beat than enjoying. My intention is to continue using the XDJ 1000 in Sync Off but use Ableton to enter effects or notes from Push2. Ableton would use him as a slave. This week I get a Roland Octa Capture and all tracks will go through it, 2 XDJ 1000 and 2 Ableton tracks, would it be possible to use USAMO to synchronize ableton to my XDJ 1000 and that the sound is always synchronized ??

I had thought about connecting a mixer output to the Usamo Jack input, the Usamo midi clock would send it to Roland Octa Capture to synchronize Ableton to the audio signal received from the mixer. Is this configuration possible?
Acid Mitch
rubentribune wrote:

I had thought about connecting a mixer output to the Usamo Jack input, the Usamo midi clock would send it to Roland Octa Capture to synchronize Ableton to the audio signal received from the mixer. Is this configuration possible?

No, that will not work. You’d want a Universal Sample Accurate Input for that.
USAMO is an output. It will sync things to your daw but can’t sync your daw to other stuff.
Acid Mitch
I’ve been working in older versions of Samplitude (up to pro x2) where if you set a loop or range USAMO would stop transmitting MIDI clock at the loop/range end point.

I’d like to report that USAMO works properly in the current version of Samplitude (pro x3). The USAMO plug in now continues to send clock when Samplitude is looping. It's peanut butter jelly time! applause w00t
karloff70
Any tips on making it work with Logic, pretty please? I am at my wit's end. Even when I get it to go green in test mode on every message as soon as I plug it into the Erebus it hangs and looses notes when playing the keys by hand and if I press play to try and make Logic play it it just completely loses its shlt and game over.....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next [all]
Page 25 of 26