MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

USAMO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 [all]
Author USAMO
Venjo
How does USAMO send midi notes to devices? I though it only has an audio connection for clock generation?

with the e-rm multiclock, you've a built in midi interface (4 outs) because it's hooked up via usb.
How does USAMO handle this?
Searching for a stable clock with midi notes, so that i can sequence poly synths from ableton, clock my drum machines and record everything on grid in it?

Thanks for clarification smile
Shledge
Audio signal is converted to MIDI by USAMO.
Venjo
Thanks!

Do i have to choose then USAMO as MIDI TO destination (and set the chanel i want to access to)?, or how is this setup? Did not find a beta plugin to check how it's setup.
os
It uses a plug-in to turn the MIDI into audio. You can download the plug-in here:

http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/downloads.html
Venjo
os wrote:
It uses a plug-in to turn the MIDI into audio. You can download the plug-in here:

http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/downloads.html

Thanks a lot! Im just figuring out if i need a esx-8md or usamo... I though i would attach a 8 midi thru box to the usamo.. now i'm reading that the timing won't be as good as using more chanels of usamo (or esx-8md or multiclock etc)

is that true?
os
A passive through box could be fine if you're only using the USAMO for clock.
Venjo
os wrote:
A passive through box could be fine if you're only using the USAMO for clock.

i wanted to send some notes to 1-2 Polysynths. For the Monosynths i have a BSP inbetween.
os
One synth per MIDI cable is ideal. It's possible that a single USAMO plus a thru/splitter would still be better than your current solution, depending on how bad your timing is now.
dykehouse
Usamo is the best music purchase I have made in the last 15 years easy.I have fought long and hard with this problem and the device works flawlessly in my small studio set up. I know about the ESX8 and it will probably be what i ultimately end up purchasing buttttttt all day I fantasized about a rack mount 8 midi output version that would sit right underneath an Apollo or a Motu with short quarter inch connections between the two.....so powerful! There could also be a four out version as well as the first...but the convenience of integrating that rack would be fucking incredible. I apologize Os, I know where you stand on this hahah. Your devices are amazing and have made my year, you are a genius cheers and if the Midi In ever gets figured out I will jump off the highest tower in town:)
os
Guinness ftw!
Hi5
redacted
Zip
Hi All,

Is it possible??

Assuming the USAMO is tested and working correctly in the DAW.
Does the recorded audio contain midi track info which is then reconstructed/converted by the USAMO? hmmm.....

My goal is to controll two TC Helicon VocalPlus modules with USAMO converted audio files.

What type of audio files retain the embeded midi info? (or does it) seriously, i just don't get it

Windows7, Sonar or Ableton, RME Multiface II, Playback foobar2000.

Thanks for any help,
Zip
os
If you record the output of the USAMO plug-in as a WAV file, and then play the WAV file into the USAMO, it is the same as if the plug-in were directly driving the USAMO.
Zip
os wrote:
If you record the output of the USAMO plug-in as a WAV file, and then play the WAV file into the USAMO, it is the same as if the plug-in were directly driving the USAMO.

Perfect! applause

Thanks!
Zip
This little box makes me giggle lol

I recorded ten songs with Level 0.800, Space and Balance off, Clock on, and the box around 11 O'clock.

I used a balanced input cable, recorded at 44Hz 24bit Stereo Wavs.
The audio Left and Right to the USAMO.

Midi from the USAMO to two TC-Helicon VoiceWorksPlus FX units set to separate midi channels using midi through.

Each FX unit responded perfectly! The RME Mutiface II and Komplete Audio 6 interfaces both worked flawlessly. Also clocked exact BPM.

I'll probably pick up another USAMO down the road.

Great work Andrew nanners Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 [all]
Page 27 of 27