MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

USAMO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
Author USAMO
Venjo
How does USAMO send midi notes to devices? I though it only has an audio connection for clock generation?

with the e-rm multiclock, you've a built in midi interface (4 outs) because it's hooked up via usb.
How does USAMO handle this?
Searching for a stable clock with midi notes, so that i can sequence poly synths from ableton, clock my drum machines and record everything on grid in it?

Thanks for clarification smile
Shledge
Audio signal is converted to MIDI by USAMO.
Venjo
Thanks!

Do i have to choose then USAMO as MIDI TO destination (and set the chanel i want to access to)?, or how is this setup? Did not find a beta plugin to check how it's setup.
os
It uses a plug-in to turn the MIDI into audio. You can download the plug-in here:

http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/downloads.html
Venjo
os wrote:
It uses a plug-in to turn the MIDI into audio. You can download the plug-in here:

http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/downloads.html

Thanks a lot! Im just figuring out if i need a esx-8md or usamo... I though i would attach a 8 midi thru box to the usamo.. now i'm reading that the timing won't be as good as using more chanels of usamo (or esx-8md or multiclock etc)

is that true?
os
A passive through box could be fine if you're only using the USAMO for clock.
Venjo
os wrote:
A passive through box could be fine if you're only using the USAMO for clock.

i wanted to send some notes to 1-2 Polysynths. For the Monosynths i have a BSP inbetween.
os
One synth per MIDI cable is ideal. It's possible that a single USAMO plus a thru/splitter would still be better than your current solution, depending on how bad your timing is now.
dykehouse
Usamo is the best music purchase I have made in the last 15 years easy.I have fought long and hard with this problem and the device works flawlessly in my small studio set up. I know about the ESX8 and it will probably be what i ultimately end up purchasing buttttttt all day I fantasized about a rack mount 8 midi output version that would sit right underneath an Apollo or a Motu with short quarter inch connections between the two.....so powerful! There could also be a four out version as well as the first...but the convenience of integrating that rack would be fucking incredible. I apologize Os, I know where you stand on this hahah. Your devices are amazing and have made my year, you are a genius cheers and if the Midi In ever gets figured out I will jump off the highest tower in town:)
os
Guinness ftw!
Hi5
redacted
Zip
Hi All,

Is it possible??

Assuming the USAMO is tested and working correctly in the DAW.
Does the recorded audio contain midi track info which is then reconstructed/converted by the USAMO? hmmm.....

My goal is to controll two TC Helicon VocalPlus modules with USAMO converted audio files.

What type of audio files retain the embeded midi info? (or does it) seriously, i just don't get it

Windows7, Sonar or Ableton, RME Multiface II, Playback foobar2000.

Thanks for any help,
Zip
os
If you record the output of the USAMO plug-in as a WAV file, and then play the WAV file into the USAMO, it is the same as if the plug-in were directly driving the USAMO.
Zip
os wrote:
If you record the output of the USAMO plug-in as a WAV file, and then play the WAV file into the USAMO, it is the same as if the plug-in were directly driving the USAMO.

Perfect! applause

Thanks!
Zip
This little box makes me giggle lol

I recorded ten songs with Level 0.800, Space and Balance off, Clock on, and the box around 11 O'clock.

I used a balanced input cable, recorded at 44Hz 24bit Stereo Wavs.
The audio Left and Right to the USAMO.

Midi from the USAMO to two TC-Helicon VoiceWorksPlus FX units set to separate midi channels using midi through.

Each FX unit responded perfectly! The RME Mutiface II and Komplete Audio 6 interfaces both worked flawlessly. Also clocked exact BPM.

I'll probably pick up another USAMO down the road.

Great work Andrew nanners Guinness ftw!
kiwibirch
Hi,

The Duet 2 has a cue out through the headphone output. Can this be used to drive the USAMO?

Just wondering if i can still have my DAW audio from the main outs and use output 3+4 out the headphone out.

Anyone with a Duet 2 done this?
gelabs
os wrote:

Then theorically, I could sample the audio from the plugin on a Windows machine inside Bitwig then re-use the sample within Bitwig on Linux (on my main computer) ? Is that correct (only speaking for midi clock) ?
os
Yes.
dr.bens
Hey guys, I am new to the board. I have a problem with my USAMO.
I am using a Audient Id22 Audio interface, which is not included in the compability list on the expert sleepers list.
I try to get green light on the test but it wont work does not matter what I try.
Ill figured my Clip light isnt lighting up so I guess that is a problem.
Is my audio interface compatible? There is no option to higher the output volume with this interface. Or there is and I do not know how that would be possible,
Anybody who can help? Much appreciated!
SingIt
Is this item still supported? I tried to PM OS here but the PM bounced back to me for some reason. I was not sure if maybe the maker is more focused on other projects (which I get, 1 guy can only do so much).

I just ask since I have a couple of questions I still need to sort and I didn’t get any responses to my last thread. I probably should have posted here. Anyway, my 2 questions:

1. I am using Ableton 10’s beta and have a few things that I am not sure are related to the beta or the USAMO plugin or my latency settings. Main thing is that I am running a project at lowest latency in my UAD Apollo (setting is 64, my project is recording at 24 bit, 48). What I notice is that even though my USAMO VST tests all green, I see a little jitter of around .5 BPM sometimes into my Digitakt and I also have trouble getting the VST to consistently send data to the Digitakt. Sometimes it even sends odd BPMs, like 207 BPM to a 114BPM project. My workaround is currently to hit the Don’t Panic button every time I want to record. I can still get a pretty jitter free recording after doing all those things, but it slows down workflow. The other thing I end up doing is turning off as many resources as I can (VSTis, VSTs), which also slows me down. Is this mainly an issue because I am simply running the buffer too low? Should I change some settings in my UAD? I have not lowered my buffer to 128 yet just because I am not sure if that will throw off the USAMO timing and I need to wrap this project up. So I am interested in any info on the above stuff. The main reason is question #2:

2. Big picture for me is to add a Midi interface like a Mio10 (All hardware MIDI currently is USB in). I was thinking about doing MIDI in this order - PC is master, audio out from UAD apollo into USAMO. MIDI out from USAMO into MIO10. MIDI out from Mio10 to Hardware synths and Digitakt. Is the USAMO able to be used in this way to basically get near perfect sync to the MIO10 and back into Ableton?

Part B - And if so, if I added a Squarp Pyramid down the road from that, would this chain be advised? Audio out from PC - USAMO- MIDI out to Pyramid - Pyramid MIDI out to MIO10 - Mio10 MIDI out to synths and digitakt.

Appreciate any help I can get since there is not much info that I can find on any of these things (may be my poor google skills). Thanks!
davros303
Hello Expert Sleepers,

I just upgraded my DAW to 64bit, how do I get hold of the 64bit Usamo application?

Cheers,
Davros
Shledge
SingIt wrote:
Is this item still supported? I tried to PM OS here but the PM bounced back to me for some reason. I was not sure if maybe the maker is more focused on other projects (which I get, 1 guy can only do so much).

I just ask since I have a couple of questions I still need to sort and I didn’t get any responses to my last thread. I probably should have posted here. Anyway, my 2 questions:

1. I am using Ableton 10’s beta and have a few things that I am not sure are related to the beta or the USAMO plugin or my latency settings. Main thing is that I am running a project at lowest latency in my UAD Apollo (setting is 64, my project is recording at 24 bit, 48). What I notice is that even though my USAMO VST tests all green, I see a little jitter of around .5 BPM sometimes into my Digitakt and I also have trouble getting the VST to consistently send data to the Digitakt. Sometimes it even sends odd BPMs, like 207 BPM to a 114BPM project. My workaround is currently to hit the Don’t Panic button every time I want to record. I can still get a pretty jitter free recording after doing all those things, but it slows down workflow. The other thing I end up doing is turning off as many resources as I can (VSTis, VSTs), which also slows me down. Is this mainly an issue because I am simply running the buffer too low? Should I change some settings in my UAD? I have not lowered my buffer to 128 yet just because I am not sure if that will throw off the USAMO timing and I need to wrap this project up. So I am interested in any info on the above stuff. The main reason is question #2:

2. Big picture for me is to add a Midi interface like a Mio10 (All hardware MIDI currently is USB in). I was thinking about doing MIDI in this order - PC is master, audio out from UAD apollo into USAMO. MIDI out from USAMO into MIO10. MIDI out from Mio10 to Hardware synths and Digitakt. Is the USAMO able to be used in this way to basically get near perfect sync to the MIO10 and back into Ableton?

Part B - And if so, if I added a Squarp Pyramid down the road from that, would this chain be advised? Audio out from PC - USAMO- MIDI out to Pyramid - Pyramid MIDI out to MIO10 - Mio10 MIDI out to synths and digitakt.

Appreciate any help I can get since there is not much info that I can find on any of these things (may be my poor google skills). Thanks!

BPM when syncing hardware is always an estimate, so it's best to ignore it. If it's in sync, it's in sync.
dr.bens
Anybody who can help with my problem?
SingIt
Shledge wrote:
SingIt wrote:

BPM when syncing hardware is always an estimate, so it's best to ignore it. If it's in sync, it's in sync.

Well, I can't get this device to work consistently. I am using an RME 802 this week and it simply will not test green consistently. I can get it to test 90% green and then when I restart the plugin (in ableton 10) it tests red again.

I simply send audio out of a line out from the RME and into the RME MIDI in. Maybe it is an issue with the line out from TotalMix. I cant tell. It seems low i the meters, but it shows that it can hit zero. I am not sure what else to do. I made it mono and pushed the fader up and have it set to high output.

I think this device is just a fail for me. The maker never checks this thread anymore and I never heard back when I reached out. So many people say that it's set and forget, but that is not the case for me. If there is someone who set it up in ableton and total mix with an RME unit, I'd love to see a step by step of how they did it. So far I am failing. I'm about to just say screw it and sell the thing. I probably should have spent the extra cash and gotten an ERM just so I could get a little more support.

I may just wait for overbridge. God knows when that will happen, but it should solve the issue for me. My main concern is drum machine sync.
Shledge
You need to tweak the trim pot on the USAMO itself. The signal needs to be over -6db. It's only expecting an audio signal so I don't understand how your audio interface is struggling with this.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
Page 27 of 29