USAMO

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

novoline
Learning to Wiggle

activation keys

Post by novoline » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:32 am

Still having the same problems. Trying to circumvent them in various ways. Still cant get the plugin to work on my Mac Pro, it requires activation and the esellerate website doesnt exist anymore.

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:28 am

The current versions don't require activation.

They do require you to install the latest iLok License Manager though.

Shledge
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Shledge » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:59 am

That'll be likely why mine wasn't working, I don't use iLok. I'll take a look.

Fittasjunka
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Fittasjunka » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:16 pm

Does anyone can help me setting up the USAMO with an AH Zed R16?

I used the USAMO before with a MOTU 828 which was working flawless as now I changed to an AH Zed r16 without any MIDI IN socket where the problems start.

Expert sleepers says the ZED R16 is compatible with an insert jack which I can understand but I cannot run any test without the Midi IN?

realitycontrol
Common Wiggler

Post by realitycontrol » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:37 pm

Fittasjunka wrote:Does anyone can help me setting up the USAMO with an AH Zed R16?
You'll want to use an external Midi input to your computer; plain old USB -> MIDI converter or perhaps a secondary interface, either should do you just fine :).

I use the Usamo with a Zed R16 with great success, though I run the output to the USAMO via the Zed's ADAT out to a Echo Audio Layla 3g.

Fittasjunka
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Fittasjunka » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:28 pm

realitycontrol wrote:
Fittasjunka wrote:Does anyone can help me setting up the USAMO with an AH Zed R16?
You'll want to use an external Midi input to your computer; plain old USB -> MIDI converter or perhaps a secondary interface, either should do you just fine :).

I use the Usamo with a Zed R16 with great success, though I run the output to the USAMO via the Zed's ADAT out to a Echo Audio Layla 3g.
Thanks! But isn't it a problem when my midi (midi-usb cable) is separate from my audio interface (ZED R16)? I remember something like this also because that's the reason I've ever bought a MOTU 828 instead of the Mackie Onyx.

realitycontrol
Common Wiggler

Post by realitycontrol » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:04 am

Fittasjunka wrote: Thanks! But isn't it a problem when my midi (midi-usb cable) is separate from my audio interface (ZED R16)?
I've never experienced any issues there, remember that the loopback to the plugin is only required to ensure that you have the levels set correctly in order for the USAMO to send the correct data.
Providing you can feed the MIDI out from the USAMO back in to the plugin you are all good.

Fittasjunka
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Fittasjunka » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:28 pm

realitycontrol wrote:
Fittasjunka wrote: Thanks! But isn't it a problem when my midi (midi-usb cable) is separate from my audio interface (ZED R16)?
I've never experienced any issues there, remember that the loopback to the plugin is only required to ensure that you have the levels set correctly in order for the USAMO to send the correct data.
Providing you can feed the MIDI out from the USAMO back in to the plugin you are all good.
Thanks! I was able to fix it with a TR-8S and now I am finally able to jam again :)

F A B
Learning to Wiggle

USAMO Sync via Headphone output

Post by F A B » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:47 am

Hello Everybody

I'm new here and failed to find an answer to this question via search.

I'm building a new small setup at home and want to integrate my Cirklon.

Has anybody here successfully synced the USAMO via one of the Headphone outputs of a Apollo Quad?
I'd like to avoid giving away a normal output of my Apollo.
Or is it possible to somehow make do with the SPDIF outputs?

Cheers
F A B

lukas412
Wiggling with Experience

Post by lukas412 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:08 pm

Hello I just purchased a USAMO. Ableton wont load the plugin, after scanning, it hangs, eventually crashes and then disables the plugin.

Windows 10 1809
Ableton 10.1.5
USAMO v 1.1.0 Win 64

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:15 am

Have you installed the latest iLok Licence Manager?

lukas412
Wiggling with Experience

Post by lukas412 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:17 pm

os wrote:Have you installed the latest iLok Licence Manager?
Oof, this is the worst case of RTFM I've ever had. Thank you for the quick response and patience.

atari5200
Wiggling with Experience

Post by atari5200 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:25 am

Just got one of these, excited to put it to use.

For some reason I can't seem to find a spare 9V adapter in my junk drawer, however, I have a pile of lonely 12V adapters. Before I go out and buy another 9V adapter I'm just curious if this guy has a voltage regulator inside it and can accept a 12V input without any issues. I'm sort of assuming it can't otherwise it would be indicated but I figured I'd check!
Thx

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:27 am

It can take a 12V input.

atari5200
Wiggling with Experience

Post by atari5200 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:33 pm

os wrote:It can take a 12V input.
That's great, makes my life a bit easier! thanks

over9000
Learning to Wiggle

Post by over9000 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:11 pm

Hello there
iam surely not the first with this problem, but i couldent find a solution in this thread (ok i admit i only read 5 pages :twisted: )
so i have the usamo plugged in and the plugin running in ableton,
midi out goes into midi in of my focusrite pro40
audio goes out of the pro40 in the usamo (its routed to the channel in ableton)

but although the signal is very loud in ableton, the clip light on the usamo doesent do anything. even if i clip it with like 40 db in ableton.
also the test received column stays all red, even though i turm the trim knob..
i bet its me beeing stupid, but id be really glad someone can help me out here

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:34 am

Don't turn the signal up above 0dB in Live.

Have you checked the routing in Focusrite MixControl?

over9000
Learning to Wiggle

Post by over9000 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:51 am

ok so i checked the routing and it seems to be fine (Daw3 -> external output 3)
still the clip light does nothing and activity is lit all the time.
heres a screenshot

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:24 am

It looks like the MixControl monitor knob is affecting output 3, and you have it turned all the way down. You don't want that.

over9000
Learning to Wiggle

Post by over9000 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:33 pm

thanks very much for your help so far.

i got the routing right atlast, and passed the test mode, everything green in all sections :banana:
so far so good
but now when i use the usamo as a clock for the mfb tanzmaus and record the audio into ableton, theres some kind of jitter..
the first hit of eg the kick is spot on the start of the bar (in a 4x4 pattern), all the others are slightly off. and this is without swing from the tanzmaus.
is there any solution to this?

Zip
Learning to Wiggle

USAMO worked great... but not after a new hardrive install.

Post by Zip » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Hi,

I had a system hard drive failure and replaced it.
Everything was fine for a week or so then the USMAO plugin stopped working. Error message said license was on another machine.
So I had purchased two USAMOs (one for backup) and used the second serial number that unit came with.
It activated then went haywire. I got errors from the DAW and it stop working.
I have a feeling the registry is messed up now and I don't want to get in more trouble. How do I start over with a clean install and activation?
Also I have the latest ilok, but can't find license info for the USAMO.

This is the ERROR Message I get on my Windows 7x64 system.
It is the same machine but a new system hard drive.
I used licencemanager_1_2_0_win32, and usamo_1_0_9_win64 plugin version.

Product activation failed

This product has already been registered on another computer. Please see the

Expert Sleepers website for further information.

http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/licencemanager.html

(Error = E_ACTIVATION_LIMIT_MET

Thanks for any help,
Zip

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:44 am

@over9000 Remember that the Tanzmaus itself will introduce some jitter, however good the clock it's receiving.

@Zip Please use the latest plug-in, which doesn't require activation.

past
Learning to Wiggle

Re: USAMO

Post by past » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:37 am

I got USAMO to work with Ableton 10 yesterday controlling my AKAI S3200 to have tighter drums recorded into Ableton.

The results are that every hit is now on point but has an 18 ms delay which I can't get rid of for some reason.
I know that cutting the beginning is probably the only thing I can do but was wondering if there is any workaround for that.

Additionally, I can only send MIDI from one MIDI Channel in Ableton to the USAMO (MIDI from..) which means I can only use the Drum Rack with all of the corresponding notes going out of that Drum Rack Channel. However, I would love to use multiple drum racks to send MIDI Notes individually into the USAMO channel. I got it to work by putting an external instrument sending to the USAMO but I had to put on "track" via the Ableton MIDI Settings which is supposed to stay off. Now the MIDI comes randomly with jitter again. Is there a work around for this?

autopoiesis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by autopoiesis » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:59 pm

just want to make sure I understand how the USAMO could work in conjunction with a DC-coupled audio interface (e.g. ES-8) that's sending CV derived from modulation signals (e.g. LFOs) produced in a DAW.

since the CV delivered from the DC-coupled audio interface will have some small amount of latency (let's say 3-6ms) determined by the output latency of the audio interface, if I want my MIDI events to temporally align (i.e. share the same latency as the CV), I would need to use a sample-accurate MIDI device like USAMO (or ESX-8MD, but I'd like to discuss USAMO for now because I already own one) and send it audio (which encodes the MIDI events through the USAMO plugin) from the same audio interface that is sending CV on its other outputs. otherwise, if I just sent MIDI events from the DAW over USB-MIDI, the MIDI would probably arrive earlier (and with more jitter, of course) than the CV changes. right?

(to the question of why use the USAMO at all if I have a DC-coupled audio interface and plugins capable of sending precise DC offsets to it: not all my synths are voltage controllable, and I'd like to have their sequencing and modulation aligned in time with that of my Eurorack.)

Placid Mouse
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Placid Mouse » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:14 pm

I'm really interested in purchasing a USAMO to sync my Ableton Live Sessions, Eurroack and Machinedrum. My only interface at the moment is an es-9, would the es-9 pair well with a USAMO in order to sync the Machinedrum? I presume a simple 3.5m to 1/4 inch cable would suffice.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”