MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Studio Electronics modules HERE FINALLY
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Studio Electronics modules HERE FINALLY

ben_hex

Certainly a lack of resonance CV out there. The VCA with plenty of stages is a good idea, only experience of that so far is the dual series VCAs in the Erica Polivoks "improved" VCA clone. That sums the output of two VCAs rather than sums the CV to affect a single VCA.

milkshake

That VCA looks good, its on my list.

The ergonomics of the whole series looks good to.

tsunamisucks

okkoto wrote:
what's the HP on these bad boys?

obviously 12, 12, 12, 8

RobJB06

I always thought the SE1 sounded great, not sure why i never hung onto one... i guess the 4089 and AMP would give you a lot of that sound?
I sold my Macbeth Backend recently, a great module but i only really needed/wanted the filter and to a lesser degree the vca, so maybe this will cover some of that territory?

TheDegenerateElite

I just noticed this looking at the pictures posted above....

these modules have a Pittsburgh Modular logo on them right next to the SE logo.

Looks like it is a collaboration.

onthelees

TheDegenerateElite wrote:
I just noticed this looking at the pictures posted above....

these modules have a Pittsburgh Modular logo on them right next to the SE logo.

Looks like it is a collaboration.

It is - this was documented elsewhere on this forum. I am not sure exactly what role Pittsburgh is playing, however.

fusionid

yes it is a collaboration born out of NAMM meet up. There is a youtube video with details.

I think what it is is that Pittsburgh is making them circuit boards, face plates etc in the far east but components are hand loaded in CA.
seriously, i just don't get it

analoglsd

Whoever wrote the product descriptions for these modules should get some kind of award.
Never thought that I'd be tempted to buy an SE filter clone module. hihi

fusionid

Looks like all boomstars will be ported to eurorack. MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Bob Borries

Dual Envelopes Module, from the manual http://www.studioelectronics.com/assets/pdf/manuals/boomstar-modular/B oomstarModularUserManual-1.1.pdf

Bob Borries

Mixer Module, from the manual http://www.studioelectronics.com/assets/pdf/manuals/boomstar-modular/B oomstarModularUserManual-1.1.pdf

Bob Borries

Ring Modulation, Noise, Sample & Hold Module, from the manual http://www.studioelectronics.com/assets/pdf/manuals/boomstar-modular/B oomstarModularUserManual-1.1.pdf

Bob Borries

Yamaha SE-80 Filter Module, from the manual http://www.studioelectronics.com/assets/pdf/manuals/boomstar-modular/B oomstarModularUserManual-1.1.pdf

Bob Borries

Oscillator Module, from the manual http://www.studioelectronics.com/assets/pdf/manuals/boomstar-modular/B oomstarModularUserManual-1.1.pdf

As well as individual modules 2 customizable systems are available.

MODSTAR SEITO 104 hp:
Midi 6hp, Oscillation (x2) 32hp, Filter (not SE80) 12hp, Multiple 2hp, Levels 10hp, Sci-Fy 10hp, Shapers 12hp, AMP 8hp, LFO 6hp, Outs 6hp.

MODSTAR SENSEI 172-176 hp:
Midi 6hp, Oscillation x3 48hp, Filters 32-46hp (1x 3003, 4075, 5089 or SE80 +1 resonant flt.) Multiple x2 4hp, Levels x2 20hp, Sci-Fy 10hp, Shapers x2 24hp, AMP x2 16hp, LFO 6hp, Outs 6hp. Hugged-up nicely in Pittsburgh Modular’s Move 104 and Move 208 Mobile Eurorack Modular Cases

The Midi module, LFO Module, Outs Module, and multiple module are still in development.

BananaPlug

Quote:
Let's say you have a one-voice skiff, and this is the sole amp. The patch you have in mind has dynamics, but you also want a touch of tremolo. The first "stage" shapes the amplitude/dynamics of the sound as you would imagine, the second can be used to create tremolo.

Why wouldn't you just mix the two CVs in a DC mixer and use one VCA? seriously, i just don't get it

Bob Borries

BananaPlug wrote:
Quote:
Let's say you have a one-voice skiff, and this is the sole amp. The patch you have in mind has dynamics, but you also want a touch of tremolo. The first "stage" shapes the amplitude/dynamics of the sound as you would imagine, the second can be used to create tremolo.

Why wouldn't you just mix the two CVs in a DC mixer and use one VCA? seriously, i just don't get it

Well... I always hook up velocity to my vca's and this would save a step that keeps a mixer free to do other duties. Having an extra pot to dial in my velocity level if very helpful to me. Then again it would have been nice to have a switch to enable parallel vac's for stereo.

botstein

I'm pretty excited for these. I don't have a lot of filter clones but have eyed the boomstar synths in the past, mostly wishing they would bring their filters to euro, which they have here. I would be most interested in a SEM type filter.

TheDegenerateElite wrote:
Apparently, these are the first in an entire series of modules based upon the Boomstar circuits.

SE is showing the whole thing at 2015 NAMM. At least 11 modules.

Does anyone know where they will be at NAMM? Or have hints at the rest of the 11 modules, of course?

fusionid wrote:
yes it is a collaboration born out of NAMM meet up. There is a youtube video with details.

I'll try to find this. Interestingly, Rich and I also met at NAMM last year and are showing our (Tipsy Circuit's) first module this year at the Muff Wiggler booth (#1371), so one could say that our is also a collaboration born out of meeting at NAMM.

Analogia

Selador wrote:
njdoyle wrote:
Can someone explain the stage inputs on Amp?

Stage 1 / 1
Stage 1 / 2
Stage 2 / 1
Stage 2 / 2

Stage hmmm..... seriously, i just don't get it d'oh! very frustrating It's peanut butter jelly time!

From what I can tell, it's two amps arranged in series, with two CV inputs to control either.

Let's say you have a one-voice skiff, and this is the sole amp. The patch you have in mind has dynamics, but you also want a touch of tremolo. The first "stage" shapes the amplitude/dynamics of the sound as you would imagine, the second can be used to create tremolo. Or, replace tremolo with a velocity voltage from a MIDI/CV converter, and you have a an all-in-one amp with velocity.

I could be completely wrong, however. Dead Banana

Bob Borries wrote:

Bob, this superb copy belongs in the BM Manual! Care to donate it?—with attribution of course.

Marc St. Regis

Analogia

Analogia wrote:
Selador wrote:
njdoyle wrote:

Stage 1 / 1
Stage 1 / 2
Stage 2 / 1
Stage 2 / 2

Stage hmmm..... seriously, i just don't get it d'oh! very frustrating It's peanut butter jelly time!

From what I can tell, it's two amps arranged in series, with two CV inputs to control either.

Let's say you have a one-voice skiff, and this is the sole amp. The patch you have in mind has dynamics, but you also want a touch of tremolo. The first "stage" shapes the amplitude/dynamics of the sound as you would imagine, the second can be used to create tremolo. Or, replace tremolo with a velocity voltage from a MIDI/CV converter, and you have a an all-in-one amp with velocity.

Bob Borries wrote:

Bob, this superb copy belongs in the BM Manual! Care to donate it?—with attribution of course.

Marc St. Regis

Let's try that again. Selador, this superb copy... Like that montage Bob. Cool toning.

Bob Borries

Analogia wrote:
Selador wrote:
njdoyle wrote:

Stage 1 / 1
Stage 1 / 2
Stage 2 / 1
Stage 2 / 2

Bob Borries wrote:

Marc St. Regis

Sure! No problem, go for it.

analogjeff

THey look great.. I have some of their stand alone synths and they are great..

clusterchord

exciting times.

ive been going back n forth over the idea of boomstar for a long while. but went with euro system instead. and now SE comes to euro...

the discrete, cascaded AMP is certainly first on my list.

Analogia

Bob Borries wrote:
Analogia wrote:
Selador wrote:
njdoyle wrote:

Stage 1 / 1
Stage 1 / 2
Stage 2 / 1
Stage 2 / 2

Bob Borries wrote:

Marc St. Regis

Thanks Bob, but isn't the copy Selador's handiwork?

Bob Borries

Analogia wrote:
Bob Borries wrote:
Analogia wrote:
Selador wrote:
njdoyle wrote:

Stage 1 / 1
Stage 1 / 2
Stage 2 / 1
Stage 2 / 2

Bob Borries wrote:

Marc St. Regis

Thanks Bob, but isn't the copy Selador's handiwork?

Huh? What I did was a heavily photoshopped the version that was on the Matrixsynth website, I wasn't aware who took the photos.

http://www.matrixsynth.com/2014/12/new-studio-electronics-boomstar.htm l

fusionid

i giggled when I saw this thread linked on your website thumbs up

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4